Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are disadvantages to living beside the sea especially on a sunny weekend.

My son-in-law had difficulty parking his car because of all the tourists' cars. We have off-road parking, but the other cars were parked so tightly that he had problems turning off the road.
 
This is the third day in a row I've had AC/DC songs running through my head when I woke up from my nap.

What the hell have I been dreaming about? :confused:
 
Someone is cooking chicken khorma. I want this from the depths of my being. I've turned into a quivering heap of drooling want.
 
Part of me is scared of returning to Lit.
The rest of me needs the kick in the ass that AH always provided for my muse.

:cool:

I missed you guys.
 
Part of me is scared of returning to Lit.
The rest of me needs the kick in the ass that AH always provided for my muse.

:cool:

I missed you guys.

Here's a number 11 steel toed boot butt.... :kiss:

Welcome back :rose:

Now get to writing before i turn the boot back loose. ;)
 
I don't have much sympathy for someone who clears off my desk during my leave to rid it of "mess," but then calls me every hour to complain when she can't find a document.

In fact, it's pretty fucking annoying.
 
Yesterday was my birthday. It was boring up until I got home and there was Mac&Cheese and cake.
 
Happy happy. :rose:

What kind of cake?

Simple homemade chocolate layer cake with white frosting. It was quite lite and fluffy, but the slice my mother cut off for me was gigantic, and coupled with overeating at dinner, I was quite full by the time I went to bed :D
 
Simple homemade chocolate layer cake with white frosting. It was quite lite and fluffy, but the slice my mother cut off for me was gigantic, and coupled with overeating at dinner, I was quite full by the time I went to bed :D
Yummers. Sounds delicious, Thee. :)
 


Yippee !! PBS has been broadcasting the Metropolitan Opera's production of Wagner's Ring Cycle ( Der Ring des Nibelungen ) all this week.


Monday's show was a nice overview of the production, which was directed by a Canadian, Robert Lepage. It's an extraordinary set. Hell, the damn contraption that was designed and installed was the star. It's quite amazing.


Tuesday saw Das Rheingold, followed by last night's Die Valkyrie. Tonight will see Siegfried and the broadcast will, presumably, conclude with Götterdämmerung on Friday.


It's a wonderful production; my hat's off to Lepage and the Met. My only complaint is: why the hell do they start the damn broadcasts at 9:00 P.M. (EST)?? All of these operas are three or more hours. Die Valkyrie went on 'til well past midnight!


You'd think somebody would be smart enough to figure out that they're going to lose half the viewing audience. Why couldn't they just start the broadcasts at 8:00?



 
Last edited:


______ Dow Jones
______ S&P 500
______ NASDAQ


chart


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top