Sending an editor a note

kreigen12

Virgin
Hi staff

I have been attempting to contact editor(s) with no success.

Submitted stories have been rejected, hence trying to get an editor.

As I understand it there are two options to send a note

1) Use your user name.

2) Sigh in using user name and password.

I have tried both to no avail.

Also I've requested a copy of the note be sent to my e-mail address. They never arrived either.

I have two stories ready to submit and another in pen.

Hoping for much needed help

kreigen12

Hi staff

1) Use your user name.

Also I've requested a copy of the note be sent to my e-mail address. They never arrived either.

I have two stories ready to submit and another in pen.

Hoping for much needed help

kreigen12

Need to try to deconstruct this, because it seems very confused.

Hi staff

The staff (only two people--the owners. Laurel, the site editor, and Manu, the site developer) doesn't do much reading on the board. If you want to address one or both, you have to do it through the PM (private message) system--upper right of this page). E-mailing them or clicking on the "contact" buttons on the Web site doesn't work.

What editors? The site editor? (Laurel--contacting through the PM system) or those in the Volunteer Editor program? If the latter, the program isn't working very well for various reasons. If you want someone to review your story, go to the Editor's forum and either contact someone from the running list of those saying they are available that month (a sticky thread at the top of the forum) or post a request for help in the forum, being sure to include genre and wordage and having your PM system turned on (through the "User CP" button at the top left of this page when you have your account turned on).

Did you click on the "rejected" field to see what the reason was for rejecting it? And, getting back to the first question, what editor are you trying to reach? The editor who rejected it (Laurel)? or someone to help you get it fixed? If the latter, you'll have to go to the Editor forum for help as already noted and you'll have to give the wording of the rejection notice so someone there can help you get it fixed.

1) Use your user name.

This I really don't understand. To see that the story was rejected (and to have submitted it to begin with) and to be able to post this post, you had to have gotten into both the story end and the bulletin board of this site--thus your user name and password had to have worked.

And what note are you talking about sending? What you are asking is unclear.

Requested it of who and how? Unclear. Again the only way to contact the site editor, Laurel, is the PM system. That's pretty much the only way to link up with a volunteer editor too--after the initial contact in the Editors forum.

Help needed

Thanks for the reply to my reqest.

Seeing it broken down it was confusing.

So let me begin at 'submitted stories that had been rejected'
Yes i did chech the 'rejection box' It was suggested that I read some of the essays. Which I did.
after which I attempted to edit the story line and resubmit the story.

It again was rejected. At this point I decided I NEED TO GET AN EDITOR.

Going to the editor list I picked one.
This were I tried the two options as listed
1) By using my username. The first attempt
2) By signing in using my username and password

It is clearly stated that the editor chosen may not be active any longer so another may needed.

I attempted to contact 3 with no success. This I realize may just be my bad luck.

I requested a copy of my note to the editors be sent to my e-mail never arrived.
Is it that only if the editor replies that the copy is sent to my e-mail?

I hope this clears up the confusion I caused in my previous post

Respectfully

kreigen12

Back