I am Tumblr illiterate and need help.

E

EquinoxRising

Guest
I've started my own Tumblr: link here and I'm not even sure how to "customize" the link name to reflect something more personal for myself.

I understand the fact that Tumblr is a picture-blog site and that I need to start making my own posts to it; however, that's all I know. I've seen some other Lit member's pages and wonder if there's a way to set the page to "adult" before posting anything, um, naughty. :eek: (IE: blogspot.com does have that option and when someone tries to enter your blog they'll see an ADULT CONTENT warning.)

Anyone have some time to walk a noob through this? :)
 
AFAIK....

Every last bit of main customization is on the dashboard. When you open your main blog page (xxxx.Tumblr.com), and if you're logged in, you'll be able to see an 'Edit' option on the top right corner of the screen. You can edit your blog page (link name, theme, extra page etc.) from there itself.
 
AFAIK....

Every last bit of main customization is on the dashboard. When you open your main blog page (xxxx.Tumblr.com), and if you're logged in, you'll be able to see an 'Edit' option on the top right corner of the screen. You can edit your blog page (link name, theme, extra page etc.) from there itself.

When I'm in Tumblr and my dashboard, the EDIT link only allows me to change my lil' icon, the background picture and color(s), and "title". I cannot create some kind of equinoxrising .tumblr .com so that shows as my specific link.

Thank you, though, for replying. :)
 
If you check the help section on T it's pretty useful. The background 'theme' is something you can choose from free or paid-for templates: go to the Account icon top right on your home page. Click the Edit Theme button and the next page will have a 'browse themes' for that selection.
You can also create a unique tumblr account id eg. myname.tumblr.com and at the bottom of the account page, you can flag as NSFW/ adult

Hope this helps

you're welcome btw...
 
Last edited:
Aww, I clicked on the link and didn't get linked. :(

I have a tumblr so if you still need help shoot me a pm. :)
 
Thank you for the screen shot! (And thank you Le_kitty for the offer to help.) I'll play around with it some more when I have alone time and access to the PC. ;) May not be 'til the weekend, sadly.
 
I have a tumblr blog that I've been running for a couple years and while I'm not well versed in the really advance editing and such, I do feel I have a very good grasp of the basics. You can PM if you have any specific questions. Also your blog will automatically be flagged as NSFW based on the content you post and/or reblog but I believe you can mark it as NSFW in your settings
 
Back
Top