Fan Email

Do you reply to email from fans?

• Total voters
I can offer this as a reader, I wrote maybe a dozen or so authors emails telling them I liked their stuff, kept it short and simple , nothing creepy or out of line, told them which stories i liked and such. Two authors ever replied.. I stopped doing it, i just figured they get so much mail and probably from weirdos and such that they dont even bother looking.

Oh, we definitely look. And I for one appreciate email. And the weirdo count is surprisingly low, though maybe it would be higher if I were female.

It's just - sometimes in my case it's females with an insufficiently hidden agenda. I don't find it creepy, but I'm not in the market for anything, and writing a polite but distant reply is work. So it's easier to just let it pass. It's not like I drown in free time.

I've only had two really creepy emails, one of which I've discussed here a few times (because I think it came from someone on AH).

Always, unless they're creepy.

Yes, the creepy sounding ones and the ones with death threats.

Not that I get that many death threats, haven't written a LW story in years. In fact it's been a really really long time since I've gotten any emails at all.

Oh, we definitely look. And I for one appreciate email. And the weirdo count is surprisingly low, though maybe it would be higher if I were female.

It's just - sometimes in my case it's females with an insufficiently hidden agenda. I don't find it creepy, but I'm not in the market for anything, and writing a polite but distant reply is work. So it's easier to just let it pass. It's not like I drown in free time.

I've only had two really creepy emails, one of which I've discussed here a few times (because I think it came from someone on AH).

I haven't had a single creepy one since I signed up. A few get together ones but I always send a polite thanks but no thanks response. Some surprise me by redirecting into ongoing chat about my stories but I can honestly say not a single nasty or threatening email or message, not that it would worry me. It's been way better than I expected when I started to be honest.

Back