More nominations for Best Transgender/Other Character for this year's contest?

Etaski

Red Sister Writer
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Posts
600
Hello! For those who might not know but would be interested:

The 19th Annual Reader's Choice Award nominations are now open through March 31st. This is an avenue to support and promote the best stories and authors you read this year.

Participation is historically not huge, but last year was especially grim as only one author won most of the Special Rounds due to few nominations overall, less self-promotion from the other authors on outside website compared to him, and "ballot box stuffing" from readers at other websites in favor of only one author, most of whom never read any of the other nominations and weren't interested in doing so.

This author has a large following and has been nominated again for multiple categories for the 2nd year in a row for the same on-going story, and the same characters in that story. They "scooped up" 3 categories last year (Most Influential, Sexiest Male and Female), and this year are going for 5 wins (all but Poet, because the only author on the site (you'd think) doesn't write poetry). They added "Transgender" and "Most Literary" to their list because they have the numbers to do so.

This year I've been reaching out to more Literotica members to share their 2017 Best in these Special Rounds, because I'd like to see more variety and worthy nominations this year. It is a loss for the Literotica community when people are discouraged from placing their own nominations and votes because of actions like these.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1468744

I wanted to reach out here and ask whether there were more nominations and support, both for new Transgender/Other Gendered Characters we can offer to this contest---those memorable characters who truly define the category at its heart--and if we can get more "seconds" and support for those characters already nominated:

1) Kendra from Jays Sex Club Adventure 22

https://www.literotica.com/s/jays-se...ventures-ch-22


2) Kit from Orchid by AwkwardMD

https://www.literotica.com/s/orchid-ch-01-1

3) Kara from "She-Male Beauty: 1st Female Conquest" by Silkstockingslover

https://www.literotica.com/s/shemale-beauty-1st-female-conquest


Or nominate another that you really like and tell us why! :D All you have to do is post in the thread and speak up about your choice:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1468744

Every added post in support of the same author/character helps determine who is in the final voting! If you have some friends who can contribute their voices, please ask them.

If there is enough support for other authors and characters in this category, then hopefully a new and deserving author will win the prize for this special round this year, rather than a straight man writing about a hot alien who can grow a temporary phallus to please the "girls" in the harem she belongs to (but of course the sole man in the story, her Master, never takes any dick. He's too manly).

I encourage you to support this category in the contest this year and keep some meaning and recognition on Literotica for the complex and fascinating characters of the Transgender category.

Thank you for your time. :rose:
 
Last edited:
Link now fixed. :) Thanks.

I do hope we get some more nominations and seconds. I'd like to read more in the category to have an informed opinion before I nominate someone.

The SWM supporters of a single Sci-Fi-harem story that overwhelmed last year's contest want to do the same this year, for the same story in the same categories and have added Transgender to their list of awards they want to win for their favourite author. They do this without reading anything else; it's kind of like a sports team, I guess.

More nominations and support from forum members would help keep some variety and point us toward other stories people enjoy.
 
I browsed through one of the suggestions and was entirely underwhelmed/vaguely insulted. Can i propose myself? :cool:
 
Authors may nominate themselves, yes, but there has to be a 2017 submission. Drat, I don't see one for you; might not qualify this year.

If you have a better suggestion, though, by all means, propose another for us to check out and vote for. :)
 
Back
Top