Will the Government shutdown?

Will the Government Shutdown

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is a cynical ploy, from both sides of the isle, to frighten the Lemmings enough that a cliff seems acceptable.

Regular immigrants have to wait years to get in to the USA.

Why shouldn't they just walk in from Mexico and ride the DACA gravy train?
Because those covered by DACA didn't walk in. They were minors, carried in by their parents. The parents, not the children, committed any violations. You want to punish children for their parents' acts? I believe that's called an 'attainder'.

Question: How will kicking out all the DACA kids benefit our nation?

It's going to be very interesting to see how that works out for them with a man like Trump in the WH and the overall national feeling re. the illegals.

The democrats could have had a DACA salvation bill if they had any interest in stemming the flood of illegals, obviously they they don't want any sort of border security or any upgrade in immigrant quality.

So as I posited in my thread, "Are 660,000 registered and admitted illegals worth shutting the government down over?" (Gotta love how the democrats and the press are stuck on the 800,000 number. I suppose their notion is "Bigger is better.") This entire question has been festering since 2005 when Bush II tried it and anyone with any sense of history knows how that worked out for him. If anything the public's opinion has hardened even more on the issue.

The Senate Democrats are going to virtue signal their way into a shutdown joined by the spurned and angry Flake (the next Morning Joe), a completely self-absorbed Rand Paul and one other Republican, the name escapes me at the moment.

It's just anther one of those things that you "know to be true." Facts, or even logic, clearly have no meaning to you. It's just partisan hyperbole which you vomit out on a daily basis. Have a nice day.

XO6qqj.gif

Sooow.. This who's to blame will be the theme now.

Everyone wants to keep DACA alive and perhaps give it a facelift. But havin only that , does that make sense?

No one wants to at least take measures not to have more DACA needing individuals, and want to put them on a path to citizenship.

Isn't that a backdoor to immigration laws?\

Democrats: I keep that border vulnerable, and I give those who arrive as minors a path to become citizens.

Typical democrat, I want to temporarily fix the problem. wink wink.

Because those covered by DACA didn't walk in. They were minors, carried in by their parents. The parents, not the children, committed any violations. You want to punish children for their parents' acts? I believe that's called an 'attainder'.

Question: How will kicking out all the DACA kids benefit our nation?

I'm puzzled by that, because some of them obviously did walk in. Babies and toddlers would mostly have been carried in but teenagers would not.

I'm puzzled by that, because some of them obviously did walk in. Babies and toddlers would mostly have been carried in but teenagers would not.
Point is, they were minors brought in by their families, not adults crossing on their own. When your family heads for El Norte when you're a kid in Chiapas, are you going to stay behind? With who?

I'm still waiting for an answer: How will mass deportations benefit the nation?

Point is, they were minors brought in by their families, not adults crossing on their own. When your family heads for El Norte when you're a kid in Chiapas, are you going to stay behind? With who?

I am inclined to mostly agree with you on this issue. Part of this is because of my own connection with an illegal who wanted a better life and couldn't immigrate legally and part of it is compassion. And part of it is the belief that the US benefits from decent, hard-working people coming here to live.

BTW in the case that has been in the news lately, the boy was brought to this country by an aunt.

And, I don't believe mass deportations will benefit the country, but deportation of certain illegal aliens, or even some legal aliens would.

You just admitted I was right. Good work there. That's why I didn't look it up, it was either a logic fail or a language fail. You are not as brilliant as you seem to think you are. Get out of my light Alexander.

And as far as the Schumer shutdown, with an assist to Big Dick Duran, with the Democrats, the fix was in to start a shutdown so that they could blame Trump. Some of you have an unhealthy fixation on Trump coupled with a fantasy of the value-added "wealth" created by illegal immigration. The funny thing is that same time we're worried about people being replaced by AI-controlled machines. I saw in the news recently that a human-looking AI with the intelligence of a two-year old was given citizenship (where, I cannot remember at the moment) in order to protect its "rights." This world needs to ask itself some hard questions.

Let's hope so!

It's only non-essential services that close (>85% of government operations continue despite a "shut down"). Why is the government spending money on non-essential things?

You're welcome.

==========================================

I'm not certain why there's a debate on whether they should be expelled or not (DACA ppl).

This is not the debate really, everybody wants them to stay. but when you make legislation, to solve a problem, you must not only solve the consequence, but adjust for the original cause.

Democrats want to leave all as is, and give citizenship to DACA ppl.

Well..... no.

Back