Will the Government shutdown?

Will the Government Shutdown

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You left out the choice in your poll for ‘Oh God PLEASE do shut it down, never to reopen’.

of course he wants a shutdown. that's called a few months you don't have to pay anyone. it's bankruptcy. it's the card he knows and relies on again and again.

of course he wants a shutdown. that's called a few months you don't have to pay anyone. it's bankruptcy. it's the card he knows and relies on again and again.
Not for nothing did he have ghost-written THE ART OF THE DEFAULT. Great expertise and experience, there.

At least we’ll stop getting those annoying missile alerts.
:D

I said yes.
I think they've reached the breaking point.

The Democrats may be pro-gov, but they have effectively stuck together and drawn a line in the sand with "a clean vote on DACA."

Meanwhile the GOP budget hawks (what few are left ) can't stomach or justify the leadership's projected 10 trillion in additional debt. Others are tired of kicking the can down the road for the fourth or fifth time.

So, it'll take a clean DACA, or a legitimate spending plan to avoid it.

Look at it this way, if the Gov does shut down the "market" will take a hit. Will they let that happen?

Look at it this way, if the Gov does shut down the "market" will take a hit. Will they let that happen?
It's the perfect opportunity for Wall Street sharks. Expect a sharp sell-off (in sectors that didn't support Tromp) followed by merciless bargain-grabbing. The best time to buy is when blood flows in the streets. Some old capitalist said that. Gov't will restart when the Gups' owners are satisfied or terrified. Greed and fear drive the financial markets. Some other old capitalist said that.

The Gups' owners just received terabuck tax breaks. A little volatility, soon smoothed over, likely won't panic the big players.

:rolleyes:

Those workers all get back pay when the government finally ends the shutdown. This is nothing more than the Democrats trying to force the Republicans to give them DACA without making a single concession on border or immigration reform.

:rolleyes:

Those workers all get back pay when the government finally ends the shutdown. This is nothing more than the Democrats trying to force the Republicans to give them DACA without making a single concession on border or immigration reform.

It's going to be very interesting to see how that works out for them with a man like Trump in the WH and the overall national feeling re. the illegals.

The democrats could have had a DACA salvation bill if they had any interest in stemming the flood of illegals, obviously they they don't want any sort of border security or any upgrade in immigrant quality.

So as I posited in my thread, "Are 660,000 registered and admitted illegals worth shutting the government down over?" (Gotta love how the democrats and the press are stuck on the 800,000 number. I suppose their notion is "Bigger is better.") This entire question has been festering since 2005 when Bush II tried it and anyone with any sense of history knows how that worked out for him. If anything the public's opinion has hardened even more on the issue.

There will be no government shutdown.

Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are spineless, gutless cowards that will cave as they always do.

This is nothing more than the Democrats trying to force the Republicans to give them DACA without making a single concession on border or immigration reform.
Gups have total control of USA federal gov't and no need of Dum votes to pass whatever they want... except Gups can't agree what they want. Gups run the show so it's their turd.

Dums can't force Gups to do anything. Gups passed their tax crap with zero Dum input; they can handle migration the same way. Big useless wall! Mass roundups, incarcerations, and deportations! Racial exclusions! Do it, boyz!

Gups blaming Dums for Gups' own failures. Feh. The usual whine of luzers.

Gups have total control of USA federal gov't and no need of Dum votes to pass whatever they want... except Gups can't agree what they want. Gups run the show so it's their turd.

Dums can't force Gups to do anything. Gups passed their tax crap with zero Dum input; they can handle migration the same way. Big useless wall! Mass roundups, incarcerations, and deportations! Racial exclusions! Do it, boyz!

Gups blaming Dums for Gups' own failures. Feh. The usual whine of luzers.

^^^Even more evidence that the "Board Moron" act really isn't an act.

Lesson for me. When I open a thread and don't see any posts cause almost everyone is on ignore...it is time to place the OP on the same list.

It's going to be very interesting to see how that works out for them with a man like Trump in the WH and the overall national feeling re. the illegals.

The democrats could have had a DACA salvation bill if they had any interest in stemming the flood of illegals, obviously they they don't want any sort of border security or any upgrade in immigrant quality.

So as I posited in my thread, "Are 660,000 registered and admitted illegals worth shutting the government down over?" (Gotta love how the democrats and the press are stuck on the 800,000 number. I suppose their notion is "Bigger is better.") This entire question has been festering since 2005 when Bush II tried it and anyone with any sense of history knows how that worked out for him. If anything the public's opinion has hardened even more on the issue.

Regular immigrants have to wait years to get in to the USA.

Why shouldn't they just walk in from Mexico and ride the DACA gravy train?

Why have all those border agencies at all if you can fly in, have a baby and stay?

Lots of programs like that in many countries.

Investing in the country you want to relocate to isn't bad or wrong, is it?
No, I think immigration is an important addition to the wealth of a country.

Can you explain what you mean by "DACA gravy train?" It actually costs quite a bit to participate.

Yes,there will be a shut down. A lame political attempt to change the narrative.

Back