Running High

J.C. spent Sunday night, all of Monday and through out the day Tuesday reliving the kiss Sunday afternoon. He knew she felt something in the kiss. Her body immediately molded to his and her mouth opened and eagerly received his probing tongue. The crush of her body was everything he had imagined, and oh so much more.

THen the moment her hands reached his chest. J.C. had thought for a moment that it was her way of caressing him, and then she pushed hard. The half second he saw her eyes filled him with dread for Tuesday night, nothing but guilt.

That look of guilt led him to stop by his uncle Tommy's office Tuesday morning, skipping class to see him. They talked an hour about the situation and J.C.'s uncle told him that if being himself pushed her away, then one of the other 26,000 or so women on campus might be. "To change yourself for anyone is a betrayal to both of you."

While mentally comforted, J.C.'s heart raced as he readied himself for the date. Boots, light brown slacks and a white shirt, he arrived at the theater at 6:20, just in case she showed early and tried to talk herself out of the date.
 
Her thoughts swirling around her, Nicole sat in the old fashioned rocking chair, idly swinging back and forth, as she waited for the steaming mug of tea beside her to cool down. She desperately needed the caffeine after two nights of restless sleep and troubling dreams. She was kicking herself for having run off on JC like she had. Oh sure nothing would have stopped her frenzied flight after receiving that kiss that made her as if she had touched bare wire in an electrical cord; however, she wished she had got his telephone number earlier as she now had no way of canceling their date.

The sudden ringing of the phone startled her, and she wrinkled her nose when she saw who was calling, as she answered with a soft, "Hello...".

"Soooo, what did you decide to wear," asked the chipper voice on the other end.

"Why hello, Malinda... I'm doing well... Thanks so much for helping," she teased.

Yeah, yeah...noted. Now spill..."

"Um," she stalled, wishing she had never told her about the date.

She heard as her best friend sucked air through her teeth before exclaiming in a scandalized voice, "Tell me you're not moping around in those butt ugly fleece pants of yours!"

Looking down at the once purple but now mottled grey lounge pants, she murmured guiltily, "Umm..."

There was a pregnant silence before she heard Malinda say in a suddenly serious voice, "Nicole, please... I'm not suggesting you're going to marry the guy... Hell, you don't even have to go on a second date. But, Nic - promise me you'll go... I don't like thinking about you sitting at home all alone."

Tears formed in her eyes at the blatant concern in Malinda's voice, and she had to swallow twice before responding, "Okay... But if I make a total fool of myself, don't say I didn't warn you."

"Puh-leez," came the breezy response, "Now walk me to your closet and let's figure out what you're going to wear.

----------

Hours later, Nicole walked towards the multiplex entrance in the 'negotiated' attire. She had won out on wearing her favorite pair of jeans, but only be agreeing to wear the emerald green peasant-style blouse which complimented her eyes and a pair of low-heeled brown boots. If she had realized how much her jeans molded to her bottom and the tendency of the blouse to shift and move, giving the occasional glimpse of the curves normally hidden from view, she may not have been so unconcerned working her way through the crowd. Hands in her pockets, she tried not to let her nervousness show as she neared the entrance.
 
Time ticked at it's own damn pace as J.C. waited. 6:30 came and went ever so slowly. Just as he was about to leave in exasperation, he saw her. The way Nicole was dressed made his mouth go dry and his jaw hung ajar uselessly for a moment. The jeans were tight, so much so that it was as if they had been hand painted, especially across her hips. The emerald blouse fluttered with each step, as the linen responded to her stride.

His heart was racing, blood pounding in his ears, as he stepped up from the side, his voice croaked, "Nic.." clearing his throat, "Nicole."

Her eyes found his, and a diffident smile slowly spread across her face. J.C. placed his hand on her upper arm, simultaneously squeezing it gently and rubbing her bicep with his thumb. "I am glad you came, and I imagine it was hard for you to do so," he whispered, his voice thicker than he imagined it would, or should, have been.

His eyes ran up her body once, and he barely croaked out, "You are stunning tonight."
 
Nic...

So caught up in trying to calm her nerves, Nicole only vaguely registered the raspy voice on her right. It wasn't until a throat was cleared and she heard her name that she turned and saw JC coming up next to her. With the memory of the last time she had seen him flashing in her mind, she forced herself to smile at him, unaware of how hesitant it seemed, how unsure.

I am glad you came, and I imagine it was hard for you to do so.

His hand was warm as he squeezed her arm, and she was vaguely aware that he was rubbing it as well. Again with the thumb?!?!? Trying not to cringe at his polite reference to her running away from him on Sunday, she tried and failed to find something else to say.

You are stunning tonight.

Nicole had stirred a little self consciously when JC had given her the once-over and was caught up with sudden doubt when his voice became almost heated. She had thought the jeans would be a good choice - something to shore up her confidence... Casual, but not too casual. It's what Jason would have liked...

Looking a little embarrassed, Nicole said, "Thank you, JC, that's very kind of you. You're looking pretty dapper yourself."
 
J.C. nodded, vaguely, distracted by his mind churning over the non verbal cues he was getting, or precisely, processing on his side. "This months version of the romantic comedy starts at 7:10 and I have a burning question to ask before we go any further."

He saw that guarded look on her face again and shrugged. There was no turning back once you decide to look at truth. J.C. knew if he were that type of guy he could easily hide himself from whatever terrible truth lurked, no dominated the space between and around them.

He steered her off to the side and let go of her, giving Nicole the space she would probably need. He shuffled a moment trying to sort out how he was going to ask, and truthfully, what he needed to know.

"I know this probably is the worst place to ask, but I cannot continue not knowing." While his voice and face both were sheepish, there was a certainty that carried through as well.

"Sunday when I kissed you, after a moment you had the guiltiest look I have ever seen on some ones face. It was like you betrayed not just a lover but God and family."

He raised his eyes to hers and asked, "Tell me why."
 
This month's version of the romantic comedy starts at 7:10, and I have a burning question to ask before we go any further.

Nicole was caught off guard by both his statement as well as his overall demeanor. Gone was the encouraging cheerleader from the running trail. Nor was there a sign of the flirtatious comedian. In their place stood a JC she hadn't seen yet - a strangely intense JC whose mention of a burning question filled her with dread and she hadn't even heard the question yet.

Her concern only grew when he escorted her off to the side, pulling them out of the more heavily trafficked area, and then seemed to stall as he shuffled from foot to the other as if he were collecting his thoughts.

I know this probably is the worst place to ask, but I cannot continue not knowing.

She had to fight the urge to adopt a defensive stance by crossing her arms over her chest, choosing instead to stuff her fingers in her back pockets as she waited to hear whatever his all burning question was.

Sunday when I kissed you, after a moment you had the guiltiest look I have ever seen on someone's face. It was like you betrayed not just a lover but God and family... Tell me why.

Nicole's eyes widened in shock and her mouth fell open slightly. Oh god, not now... Not here... It's too soon! Every muscle in her body tensed and her cognitive skills completely deserted her in the panic. Their eyes locked, hers full of panic, his of absolute resolution, and it seemed like time itself stopped as she wrestled with what to do.

Swallowing hard and knowing she owed him something, she opened her mouth to answer and had to close it when nothing came out. Unable to look him in the eye, she lowered her eyes to her boots and tried again. "It's been... Haven't wanted... Haven't been...," she mumbled, miserably aware that she wasn't making any sense.

Taking a deep breath to try to steady her resolve, she whispered, "I... haven't kissed... anyone... since my... my... fiancée... died."
 
Last edited:
It was only a split second before he opened his arms to gather Nicole into his arms and pressed her against his broad chest.

But in that second...

Initially J.C. made sure he had heard what she said. Her voice was so soft, so pained that the truth of what she said was obvious. His heart swelled like a star going super nova, and exploded as he affirmed to himself he had heard what she said.

She had had a fiancée and he passed away.

He had questions, many of them to be sure; but, one certainty settled into his mind as he bent his head down and peppered the crown of her head with small kisses, he was a certifiable ass.

"Please forgive me," he whispered into her hair, "I never meant to cause you pain."

He felt her stiffness as he held her. His arms were wrapped around her shoulders, one hand cradling her head against him. It was a loose grip yet firm. She could push out if that is what she wanted, but J.C. wasn't about to willingly let go of her.

Tears welled up in his eyes, as he tried to clear his vision. It was futile, he was feeling things he never felt, sorrow for another person, a possessiveness that while was probably not proper given the situation, felt more natural than anything he had felt before.

He looked down, the tears he cried for her began to trail down his cheeks, he whispered, "I will be here for you, if you want me here. I can't be him, I can only be me."
 
The silence was deafening as Nicole stood there staring at her boots, unsure what he was thinking... Or if he had even heard her, and the thought of having to admit it aloud a second time caused her already knotted stomach to kink up tighter.

And then, his arms were around her and she was nestled against his chest, and it felt... Nice... safe... wrong. It was wrong for her to want to burrow her nose in his shirt and breathe deeply of the light cologne that he was wearing. Wrong to want to relax in his embrace. She barely knew him for goodness sake and was acting like he was Jason, who she had practically grown up with.

The quick kisses she felt against the top of her head brought tears to her eyes, but they didn't fall, having cried way too many of them in the past. His apology was muffled against her hair, but she heard it and knew that he meant it, even if a small part of her wanted to haul off and smack him for pushing for answers she hadn't been ready to provide.

I will be here for you, if you want me here. I can't be him, I can only be me.

Sighing softly, it was a minute before Nicole was able to compose herself and find a voice that wouldn't crack. Looking up, she was about to comment when she caught sight of the tears silently rolling down his cheeks. She reached up and wiped them away with her thumb before realizing what she was doing. Dropping her hand quickly, she managed to stammer, "I-I-I think I-I-I'd like that."
 
Last edited:
J.C. felt exposed; and oddly not. Here was probably the most intimate moment of his young life and it was for all of Austin to see, to judge, to ridicule if they chose; and yet he didn't notice. His world, his existence focused into a singular person, into a singular point in time, and with that he knew with a certainty that the only opinion which mattered in this moment, in the crucible of raw emotions, was Nicole's. When she stammered out softly "I-I-I think I-I-I'd like that," J.C. a weight lift off his shoulders, and another one settle in place.

J.C. looked down at her and kissed her gently on her forehead. He took in a deep shuddering breath and let it out slowly, the rawness of emotion flowing out with the breath. He smiled at her, it started wanly, and grew in strength after a moment. He caressed her face a moment, resisting the urge to try and kiss her pain away. Something inside him screamed it might be a bad idea.

He nodded, "I, I, ummm, I am not sure if you still want to see the movie or not. Maybe a good stiff drink or ten is in order; which would you prefer?"
 
The raw emotion in JC's eyes was startling, and Nicole could only imagine what her own face revealed. This... thing... between them was overwhelming, a connection she had never had with anyone else, perhaps not even with Jason.

The press of his lips on her forehead disrupted her thoughts, and she watched as he too slowly recovered his composure. She breathed a little easier as his smile returned, even if it wasn't completely back to its original wattage. She blinked as he caressed her face, and she was surprised at her urge to turn into the stroke.

I, I, ummm, I am not sure if you still want to see the movie or not. Maybe a good stiff drink or ten is in order; which would you prefer?

As much as Nicole wanted the numbness that would come with a drink, she was afraid what else she'd unload on JC. The poor guy hadn't asked for all the emotional baggage she came with, and considering her low tolerance for alcohol and the picking of mental scabs that she had been doing, watching the movie seemed the safest bet.

"The movie sounds good," she said shyly, "I'm not very good at the bar scene... despite working at BD's."
 
J.C. laughed easily and nodded in partial understanding. "Movie it is."

He trailed his hand down Nicole's arm until his hand wrapped around hers, their fingers intertwining. He started toward the box office. He wondered at his own reaction to her partial story, and ultimately had to chalk it up to being caught unawares. It wasn't what he expected. Boyfriend somewhere, maybe even a husband, but a dead fiancée was not it.

He looked at her, and it appeared she was lost in her head someplace with little wonder. His heart went out to her but his mind was beginning to catch up to the situation and his began to work in overdrive.

Thinking back to his Psych 101 class, J.C. wondered what stage of grief Nicole was in. Admittedly he wasn't a psychologist, be it appeared to him that she might be vacillating between depression and acceptance. He resolved, then and there, that he would stand by Nicole, and support her, help her, and be the foundation upon which she can rebuild herself.

"Would you like to do the sophomoric comedy instead of the romantic, or would you prefer something different," he asked.
 
Nicole breathed in relief at JC's easy acceptance of her decision. The thought of being around so many people after this... outing... of emotional baggage was just more than she could bear at the moment. At least sitting in the dark would give her some semblance of cover. She had never been keen on airing her dirty laundry, and for it to have happened so publicly was distressing.

Shivering slightly as his hand skimmed over her arm, she was surprised by how perfectly natural it seemed to hold his hand when he slipped his hand over hers. Telling herself that she shouldn't feel guilty, Nicole tried to recall the last time she held hands with Jason and was saddened to realize that her recollections of their daily interactions were starting to fade away.

Would you like to do the sophomoric comedy instead of the romantic, or would you prefer something different?

Trying to shrug off the guilt and sadness, remembering her promise to Malinda to try to "live in the moment", she wrinkled her nose before suggesting, "how about an action adventure instead?"
 
J.C. thought it was probably one of the coolest things he had ever seen a woman do; scrunching up her nose while she decided about the style of movie made Nicole all the cuter. Not that she needed help in that department at all.

He flashed a smile and said, "Oh hell yeah. The move "Shoot it to shit" has been out about a month and I have been dying to see it."

Stepping up to the Box Office, he purchased two tickets to the 7:15 showing and they went inside. J.C. asked, "Popcorn and a soda?"

Nicole gave him a 'well duh' look as she responded, "Of course... you can't watch a movie without popcorn. But a water instead of the diet soda, please."

J.C. laughed as he retorted, "You ain't seen nothing yet."

He stepped up to the counter and ordered a large popcorn, a large soda, a bottle of water, and two hot-dogs. 'And a box of Whopper's."

He glanced at Nicole a little guiltily, "I only come to the theaters like once a year. I tend to binge on the goodies I would never eat when I do come to the theater."

His eyes blinked once when the counter person gave him the total and then handed over two $20.00 to pay for it. He grinned over his shoulder at Nicole, "And that is why I only come about once a year."

As he started receiving the food he handed Nicole the popcorn and her drink. The box of Whoppers became the upon which he held the two hot dogs on, his soda in one hand and junk food in the other he turned and looked at Nicole, "Ready?"
 
Nicole wasn't really surprised when JC mentioned the latest in the Shoot It series. She had overheard plenty of the male patrons discussing it as she waited on tables this last month. Guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat with lots of explosions, fast cars and a couple of hot babes, the movie was actually said to be quite funny. And it's not a sappy romance story...

Luckily enough time had elapsed since opening night that they had no problems getting tickets for the next showing, and JC led the way to the concession stand.

Popcorn and a soda?

Nicole shot him an incredulous look, wondering who on Earth could go to the movies without getting the scrumptious smelling popcorn, although she did usually skip getting a drink as there had been too many poorly timed trips to the bathroom in the past. "Of course... you can't watch a movie without popcorn. But a water instead of the diet soda, please."

His cryptic response about not seeing anything yet was further explained when he placed his order with the frazzled looking teen behind the counter.Holy cow... Is he serious? Thinking perhaps she had discovered the reason why he ran so much, she smiled as he confided that he didn't really eat this way every time, relaxing enough to arch an eyebrow at him as if she didn't necessarily believe him. Before she had a chance to offer to get the food, he had whipped out money and was handing it to the cashier.

Wondering how they were going to carry everything, Nicole accepted the popcorn and bottle of water from JC and watched as he carefully balanced everything else before asking if she was ready. Since her load wasn't nearly as precariously balanced as his, she figured she'd better act as the lead blocker through the crowded lobby.

"Yep, let's see if we can get there without you losing your goodies...Theater 3, right?" she responded as she moved in front of him.

With his concurrence, Nicole led the way as best she could through the horde of other moviegoers all jostling to get to their respective viewing areas. "Do you prefer the front or back," she asked as they neared Theater 3.
 
All the way down the hall to theater 3, J.C. watched as Nicole walked, mesmerized. She had a fluid easy grace that rolled her hips sensuously. He could not tear his eyes away from her. He imagined all manner of things he would like to do with her, and for a nonce, starting at the seam of her jeans that ran from the small of her back to disappear between her legs sounded like the best idea EVER! All of the blood was flowing to his midsection and his cock began to harden, and got harder with every for or five steps.

As she asked, "Do you prefer the front or back," he wondered why he had to choose. Her ass was mesmerizing but her eyes were captivating. He wondered what they looked like as she made love, as she orgasmed, what they looked like when she looked lovingly toward someone.

Casting his thoughts aside, he quipped automatically, "Even though the back is amazing, the front. I love your eyes."

Whether it was a cross look or amused he didn't know, but he quickly and dramatically added, "Oh front or back of the theater!" He thought he heard her chuckle and grinned at her, "I prefer middle row of the lowest level in the middle seats, that way it feels like we are swimming in the movies."

They walked into the theater and it was almost empty. There was one other couple and they were sitting at the top row, almost tucked into a corner. J.C. made a couple quick calculations and figured there was some ten minutes before the start of the movie, more people would likely come in, but still, it was an awesome set up as far as J.C. was concerned.

"After you, ma'am, looks like you have the pick of the house other than the corner."
 
Last edited:
Even though the back is amazing, the front. I love your eyes.

Waiting for a pack of pre-teens to finish crossing in front of them, Nicole needed a second to process his response before her cheeks went red, hoping he hadn't really thought she was fishing for compliments, although his words left her almost giddy inside.

Oh front or back of the theater! I prefer middle row of the lowest level in the middle seats, that way it feels like we are swimming in the movies.

Thankful she hadn't asked if he preferred the top or the bottom instead, Nicole smiled at JC before they made their way into the two-tiered theater. At first glance, she thought they had the entire place to themselves, but eventually spotted the couple cuddling in the far right corner, all but swallowed up by the stadium seats.

After you, ma'am, looks like you have the pick of the house other than the corner.

Since it sounded like JC liked to be a little closer to the screen than she did, Nicole opted for the very middle of the first row of the upper tier. That way, she didn't feel like she was going to go cross-eyed, but he got to go swimming. And as a bonus, there was a short metal railing that she could put her feet up on if her legs started to go to sleep.

"How'bout right there in the middle?" she asked, pointing to the seats in question.
 
J.C. grunted his assent and headed toward the seats that she indicated. They sat in the wide comfortable seat and and J.C. started in on the already cool not-so-hot-dogs. He realized how hungry he was by the second bite and quipped " remind me to go eat before we go out next time. Or maybe the next date should be dinner."

After a moment he smiled and said, "No, you aren't ready for that yet. It can be terrifying for the uninitiated. "

He finished the hot dogs and took a sip of his Coke. J.C. reached over to get a handful of popcorn from the bucket. As he did J.C. misjudged Nicole's ample breast and his forearm brushed against against it. He gasped at the contact and almost apologized for it then thought that would be a lie, rather he rather enjoyed it.

He looked at her a moment with a boyish grin. "I, uh, didn't realize that you were, well, uh, yeah, the front. "
 
Last edited:
Once they sat down, Nicole had a hard time looking away as JC scarfed down his hot dogs. Her lips twitched as she tried to suppress her astonishment at the speed he ate. She felt a little flutter in her stomach at his comment about the next time they went out, but wasn't sure if it was from nerves or pleased anticipation.

No, you aren't ready for that yet. It can be terrifying for the uninitiated.

Picturing JC a la Tasmania Devil, Nicole giggled and took a small handful of popcorn from the bag balanced precariously in her lap. She was reading the movie trivia question on the screen when she caught movement from the corner of her eye as JC reached over for some popcorn.

Sucking in a surprised breath when he accidentally brushed against the curve of her breast, Nicole couldn't help looking at JC, wondering if he had realized what had happened. The smile on his face was only a tad sheepish as he said, "I, uh, didn't realize that you were, well, uh, yeah, the front."

Dropping his gaze, Nicole could feel the heat rising in her cheeks. The family joke was they had saved up for generations for her, and while she was mostly used to the largely unwanted attention they drew, it didn't make it easy to acknowledge it when it happened. Biting her lip a minute, she cleared her throat and offered, "They, um, can get in the way... Would you like to hold the popcorn?"
 
J.C. sat a moment then caressed Nicole's face gently. "Look at me," he whispered. He waited a moment until she did, and he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. "You are beautiful, Nicole. Plain and simple, and as evident as the day is long. You are beautiful."

He watched as she blushed slightly and looked away from him. He caressed her cheek again and said, "It isn't often that a person is better on the inside than they are on the outside, but from what I have seen you are."

He took the popcorn from Nicole and quipped, "Sure, but if you grope me, I may slap your hand for it's vulgarity."
 
The brush of his fingers against her cheek was as soft as the brush of a butterfly's wing, while his whispered entreaty to look at him was equally soft. Nicole's eyes closed in reaction to both, and she took a moment to let out a steadying breath before reluctantly turning towards him.

The kiss on the cheek and the comments that followed nearly had tears welling in her eyes even as the pink in her cheeks deepened. Struggling to contain her self consciousness, she looked away only to feel another soft caress on her cheek.

It isn't often that a person is better on the inside than they are on the outside, but from what I have seen you are.

Why does he have to be so sweet? She felt like someone had dropped her in the deep end of a pool and she could barely swim. This date wasn't fair to him. He seemed like such a nice guy, and she was so... not. She had no business agreeing to the movie when she clearly was in over her head, but there was something about JC that made her want to stay... and at least tread water.

Feeling the popcorn bag shift, Nicole looked down in time to see JC pull it out of her lap. Sure, but if you grope me, I may slap your hand for its vulgarity. The comment drew a startled laugh out of her, and there was a very small part of her that wished she was brave enough to do just that, which caused her to sit back in shock.
 
J.C. smiled at Nicole as she barked out a laugh, then blushed as she collapsed into the chair, "So you do want to grope me," he whispered to himself, knowing the sound of the Ads covered it up.

He popped some popcorn into his mouth as the ads finally ended and the movie began. After the second explosion, or about five minutes into the movie he placed his hand on her thigh, closer to her knee than the place he would like to be at, and squeezed it, firmly, yet gently.

He watched her reaction carefully from the corner of his eyes
 
Nicole tried to distract herself from her confusing thoughts by watching the other moviegoers who started trickling in. Most were young men of high school and college age, but there was the occasional gaggle of girls who giggled, flipped their hair and otherwise preened in blatant attempts to get noticed. A handful of couples also wandered in, and she envied the ease at which they interacted with each other. God, they make it looks so easy... She took the occasional handful of popcorn, making sure to skim carefully from the top to avoid even the possibility of a wayward touch.

The movie opened up with the spectacular, over-the-top explosion she had heard about, and she settled back into her seat making a tally mark in her mental Explosions column. She had just added another mark when she felt a squeeze right above her knee, and she froze in place as her eyes opened fully. It took a second or two before she remembered to breathe, and she swallowed a shaky gasp of air, feeling like she did when one of the 8th grade boys had tried to play chicken with her 6th grade self on the back of the school bus. Nibbling her bottom lip, she tensely waited for his hand to move higher, unsure how she would handle it, but not wanting to cause a scene either. When he simply kept his hand unmoving save the one squeeze, she gradually relaxed and tried to figure out what she had missed in the movie while in her apparently unnecessary panic attack.
 
J.C. could feel the tension in Nicole after he placed his hand on her thigh and for a moment wondered if she would screw up the courage to ask him to remove it. After ten or fifteen minutes she finally relaxed, and the tension melted out of her. He could feel it almost immediately in her thigh, and he gave it another squeeze.

He spent less time watching the movie than he did looking at her out of his peripheral vision. He knew that if he pulled his hand up toward the top of her leg she may not stop running until she hit Dallas. He repressed the sigh that so wanted to escape him and smiled instead.

He knew, somehow, once she broke down and accepted him, she would likely be his forever. That of course had good points and not so good ones, but all in all, knowing what little he did of her, Nicole was one a guy should keep forever. But first he had to break through her past.

Leaning over, J.C. planted a kiss on the side of Nicole's head and turned back to the movie.
 
Nicole had marked another two explosions in her running mental count, a holdover from when she and Jason practically lived at the movie theater, when JC gave her leg another little squeeze. She tensed up again, but not nearly as bad nor as long as the first time. Once again, he left his hand resting there, unmoving, and she was left being acutely aware of it.

She had noticed that JC was a toucher almost right from the start, and she wasn't sure if he was even conscious of the number of times he had touched her arm, grabbed her hand, or stroked her cheek. But she was... Very conscious. Conscious and curious... as his touches brought a totally different set of sensations than Jason's had ever yielded. Sensations that were alarming as well as overwhelming.

Nicole caught sight of movement in her peripheral vision and felt a firm kiss on the side of her head just as a pack of young men started making their way down the row towards them on her other side. Distracted from the unexpected kiss by the sheer size of them, she wondered if half the starting line for the Longhorns was headed towards her. Oh please don't sit right next to me... Please! She watched with no small amount of dismay as the first one squeezed himself into the seat right next to her juggling a large popcorn and drink as well as several orders of nachos.

Afraid that he was going to end up spilling half his food on her anyway, Nicole pulled her water bottle out of the cup holder in an unspoken offer and tucked it on the seat beside her. Feeling cramped and not wanting to be literally rubbing elbows with a perfect stranger, she shifted closer to JC, trying to leave a little space between them.
 
Back
Top