Alphas ~ Feral fire~ {closed}

She listened and bit her lip before she simply began to open up.

I guess I saw no reason to make them think that our kind were little more than killers. That we could show more restraint and peace than the hunters could. Did aId want to rip them apart with my bare hands... yes but... I didn't. I... I could not let myself go let my true side come through. They had been through enough they did not need to see what they were truly capable of doing. They don't need to know that. They don't need to know that... especially not the really young ones. They don't need to be what I have become at times.

She looked to Cameron and for once looking frail... scared...broken almost.

They should not become like me...
 
Cameron listened as Edens out pour of emotion and reasoning came in a wave that could not be stopped. Instinctively Cameron came close, placing a hand gently on her cheek, looking back into her eyes as she looked at him.

"Whats past is past. You showed restraint out there, and further more you taught a new generation that restraint. You showed them that their is a choice besides killing, and you showed the team that you can stop yourself when even some of us wouldn't."

He could see her nearly shaking, in fear... sadness... a combination of the two. He held out his arms, giving her the choice if she wanted a friendly hug, some comfort. Cameron had an idea what she might be going through, considering the way he had been forced to kill by The Ghost. A little kindness and friendship could go a long way.
 
Eden tensed a little at first at him touching her cheek but calmed into it. She was not used to such affection from anyone really but then he offered a hug and she slowly curled into the hug her own arms moving to return the hug warily.

Even I can't understand fully why I did not kill them...
 
Cameron sensed her tenseness, and so when the hug offered was taken and furthermore returned he was a bit stunned at the fact. He hugged her, letting her relax.

"You may not know why, but the fact that you did... maybe you aren't as wild as you seem to think you are."

As he held her close Cameron could smell the essence of nature she held. The smells of the woods she had lived in, still permeating her hair. In his mind she wasn't wild, she just lived that way. He hadn't known her before today, but everything he had seen today had told him she was kind-hearted, but very protective of those she held close to her for one reason or another. Like Gary, or the other ferals they had met that she felt akin to. She could be fierce if backed in a corner or provoked, but this moment right now told him when she let her guard down she was as gentle as she wanted to be. To be her friend was to have a friend for life so long as you didn't betray that trust.

Nina had come up the stairwell, looking to talk to Cameron about how things had gone today, but when she cracked open the door she saw him holding Eden. With one look a thought of rage crossed her mind, before a bit of sadness crept in. Cameron and her had had something once, perhaps now that was just the past. As the door closed gently in front of her, breaking her stunned silence, her eyes drew thin. Now not only did she have to deal with Eden being back here after everything that had happened before, she had to deal with her getting close to Cameron. This day was only getting better. Nina went back down the stairs, pissed, grabbing her things before leaving the office for the day.
 
Rachel looked to Nina they were good enough friends for her to know that it was more than just Eden that had Nina upset. Walking with her she walked onto the elevator.

You and Eden used to be friends you Eden and me... remember? Then... that day happened and...

Rachel don't...

Nina spoke up not even looking at her. Rachel shook her head...

No... you only changed when you could not push her out of her rage. You took it personally. You could not help her and you could not fight her. Now she is back and you have to face that again.

Nina snarled.

When did you become Rosen?

Rachel laughed a little.

When I heard him say roughly the same thing to Bill. Now as for the rest of it. You broke up with Cameron and used your ability on him. You have no claim there and Rosen thinks Cameron can help her since they don't have any history. Him helping her and friending her is a good thing. Like it or not.

Eden finally pulled away and looking at him again she tried to smile.

I am sure Gary has told his mom I am back by now should probably be in the office in case she stops by.
 
As Eden cracked a small smile Cameron smiled back to her.

"Okay. If you ever need a talk, you know where to find me."

With that Eden went back to towards the stairwell and the office. Cameron watched her walking away, and the old saying of 'hate to see them go, but love to watch them walking away' popped in his head. He smirked to himself, before tossing the ball nonchalantly off the wall to his left, catching it back just as absent-mindedly. It was an interesting day indeed. As the sun set and the night fell he looked up at the stars in thought.
 
Eden walked back in just in time to see Rosen getting ready to run Gary home.

Mom says come over for dinner. Its Wednesday so we are having chicken. I told her I would tell you but you pick since you had a long day.

Rain check Gary... I just want to get settled and get some sleep.

With that Gary nodded and headed home. Rosen nodded to her be for leaving with Gary.
 
Cameron walked down to his office, saying bye as he passed Gary and Rosen who were heading to the elevators. Grabbing his things and putting the rubber ball away he walked towards the elevator, pushing the button to go down to the lobby. As the door chimed he thought he saw Eden still roaming around the office, stepping into the elevator he kept the 'door open' button on the elevator pressed.

"Elevator going down if you feel like catching it Eden" He yelled into the office.
 
When I am on team I crash here but thanks Cameron.

She called out waving.

See you tomorrow.

Bill shrugged and stepped onto the elevator.

So what do you think? Seems like you really taken with her. Wanna talk about it?

Bill elbowed him jokingly as he spoke.
 
Cameron looked over at Bill as he got elbowed.

"Nothing wrong with being friendly. Besides, I'm the one person on the team who doesn't have history with her. At the moment, if I can be a friend to someone with a rough history here, I don't see that as an issue."

Bill looked at him, frowning slightly.

"You know I was only..."

"Its not like shes horrible to look at either." Cameron cut him off as the elevator door opened on the main floor, Cameron heading outside smirking slightly. Bill chuckled to himself as he headed to his car, heading home. Cameron stopped for a bite to eat before heading home, turning in after a long day of work. In the span of less than 24 hours there was a new team member, with history, and they broke up an Alpha poaching operation. It didn't take long for him to drift off to sleep.
 
She stalked around their floor and tried to get comfortable being back here. She eventually grabbed the blanket pillow and sleeping bag Rosen had set out for her and found a well hidden but perfect guard nook and curled up staring at the stars till she fell asleep.

Rosen and Gary were the first two to arrive the next morning bearing food for Eden from Gary's mom. Eden had put everything away and was stalking around the office warily watching as the FIB agents came in to talk to Gary. Their tone a. Couple times elicited a snarl from her but Rosen kept everyone calm so the main information could be sorted out.
 
Cameron pulled up to the office about the same time as Rachel, with a large cup of coffee to wake up with. Nodding to her as the elevator opened on the lobby floor he took a large sip of his coffee. Rachel looked at him as they headed up to the offices.

"So, sleep well?"

"Like a baby, lot of running yesterday." Cameron smiled.

The door opened and they saw Gary being quizzed by the federal agents, Rosen standing near while Eden stalked just a bit farther off, still in listening distance. Just then the other door opened with Bill coming off the elevator, a coffee and doughnut in his hands.

"Morning folks." Bill looked towards the feds. "Damn, starting early aren't we?"

"Guess so." Cameron said as he moved towards his office, setting down his keys before finishing off his coffee, throwing the cup across the office and into the trash can. He then walked out into the hallway, where Eden was stalking, and watched the scene with Gary. He leaned against the wall to listen.
 
Rosen can you get him to focus... if you can't we can!

One of the agents barked out as the usual a get that worked with them grabbed his shoulder about the same time Bill had to grab Eden who was combat ready to protect Gary and Rosen. The very clear and lethal growl that ripped from her clearly got all the Feds attention as Bill had a hold of her trying to talk her down.

Nobody is gonna do anything stupid Gary has info they will need us no doubt to go deal with so they are gonna be very polite if they want our help aren't they Grimes?

The agent nodded looking at Eden and finally realizing who it was.

Eden he is new forgive an idiot... welcome back.

Eden's eyes never left the agent who threatened Gary a snarl still curling her lips.
 
"That idiot had better calm down then, or there is liable to be one less idiot in the world." Cameron smirked, looking at Grimes who scowled at him. Rosen turned around, giving him a knowing look of 'I get it, but don't do that again'. For a brief second he thought he heard Eden snicker, but she was fairly focused on the hand of the idiot agent which was slowly moving away from Garys shoulder.

"He means Edens going to get you if you keep up." Gary looked at the agent.

"I think he understands that Gary." Rosen said

About that time Nina stepped off the elevator, looking at the gathering in and around the hallway, including Bill holding Eden back. "Oh great."
 
Gary pointed to the agent who had threatened him.

Nina... Eden made him respect the badge and not be mean... so be nice... you are late anyways... one and a half minutes later than your normal arrival time... now I need to work now.

Bill could not help but chuckle and motioned to Eden. You and the other marketeers should go catch up right Rachel.

Rachel nodded and grabbing Eden and Nina and pulling them towards the break room. She looked to Nina...

Now!
 
Cameron chuckled at Gary along with Bill. Looking over at Bill he raised his brow.

"Well then, agents, perhaps you should let Gary get to work. The sooner he gets done the sooner you get the info you want."

Grimes grumbled slightly, looking to Rosen.

"The sooner the better, we need to get to the bottom of this before things get any worse. By the way, nice to see Eden back, how long do you think before we need to put her back in hold-up?"

Rosen frowned at Grimes.

"I won't be making that mistake again."

Cameron just shook his head, turning back towards his office. From a crazy day into a crazy morning, there isn't enough coffee in the world to wake up to that.
 
Rachel sat them both down and looked to Eden and Nina.

One Nina she would never have hurt any of us. Eden... wether or not she will admit it I feel certain that why Nina is the way she is with you now is because she is still passed that she could not help you with her ability.

Nina just glared at Rachel but her sigh gave it away that Rachel might just be right. Eden just looked between the two of them and just shrugged.

Ancient history as far as I am concerned. I am here to do a job and then... I may well go back home.

Rachel sighed and looked at Nina to say something anything.
 
As Cameron made it to his office door he heard Rosen behind him.

"Cameron, could we talk a moment?"

Cameron shrugged, letting Rosen into his office and shutting the door as Rosen had a seat in the sparsely furnished office.

"How did things go with you and Eden on the rooftop yesterday? I hope you were able to help her relax a little."

"Sure doc." Cameron sat in his own chair. "We talked, she relaxed and we talked a little bit more before coming back downstairs."

"I know Eden is likely planning to leave for the forest once she feels shes done here." Rosen wrang his hands together before continuing. "I'd think it would be good for her to have a friend here, to hopefully make her feel more comfortable with us so that she might stay, or at least returning from time to time. I know it will take time for her to patch things up with the rest of the team, but you are the x-factor with her. She seems to have taken to you fairly easy, I hope this is a good sign. Just be careful to not break that trust with her."

Cameron had been listening, and as Rosen finished he nodded. "I will be careful doc. I think shes going to be okay here, but you can't tie someone down who doesn't want to be tied down. I think you have a better shot at her being comfortable enough to come back than to have her stay."

"Thank you for listening Cameron." Rosen stood up "I should head out and see if Gary needs any help."

With that Rosen left his office, keeping the door cracked open. Cameron leaned back in his chair in thought, beginning to toss the ball around his office.
 
Once Eden Rachel and Nina were done talking Eden checked on Gary and then said something about going for a run. Bill tossed a hand up in a half hearted wave.

Have fun when you wanna go for a normal run not jumping and climbing and flipping over everything let me know.

Gary nodded ardently to her as he handed file after file from the printer to Grimes.
 
Cameron heard Bill mention something about jumping, climbing and flipping after hearing Eden talk about going for a run. As Eden walked past his door he called out to her.

"Hey Eden, gyros for lunch again? Your treat this time?"

He smirked slightly.

Grimes looked through the files Gary had been printing out, looking to see if anything caught his eye but for the most part nothing seemed to stand out so far, just a lot of leads to follow up on.

Gary meanwhile was working at a good pace, page after page of information he had pulled from the cabin computer printing steadily.
 
Eden smirked.

If you can keep up... hunting. Bring back something for everyone.

Gary laughed.

Good luck Bill and Dr. Rosen could not keep up with her.

Then as if he had not heard or said anything he handed Grimes another stack of papers.

This has addresses in it. They tried to hide it but you can't hide signals from me.

No you sure can't Gary. Lucky for us big man.

Grab that meal for everyone where you found the hunters Eden... we will be just south of there... apparently... meet ya there. Another lab or something we will. Check it out and meet ya there.
 
Cameron chuckled, looking at Eden. "That sounds like a challenge... I'm game." He turned to the rest. "Text me your orders, I'll make sure she pays for all of them when she loses."

Bill rolled his eyes, figuring the odds were against that and Cameron would be paying. Meanwhile the rest of the team gathered their things, getting ready for a quick brief before heading towards the address on the list. Cameron followed Eden, he knew what shape he was in, and knew that his powers would give him enough help with his balance and positioning to make any jumps and find good hand/foot holds.
 
She headed to the garage for her motorcycle as Rosen looked to Cameron.

She means actual hunting... as in the woods you two were in yesterday...you will get to see more of her feral side. She may also be wanting to check on the others so be careful and good luck.

Eden leaned out of the elevator

You coming Cameron?
 
Cameron raised his brow. Hunting. Well.. one, he felt like a fool. Two, he hadn't been hunting in years, though he remembered being a natural at the time, which may have been due to his abilities. He grabbed his jacket and keys, hopping into the elevator with Eden.

"I knew I was missing something, I thought you were going to be running around doing parkour or something. Sheesh."

Nina looked to Rachel. "He is going to be winded, and stands no chance keeping up with her, does he."

Rachel snickered, shaking her head no, in agreement with Nina.

Grimes looked to Rosen.

"We need to get going, before someone decides to wipe the area clean of anything someone wouldn't want found."

Rosen nodded.
 
It was just parkour till you mentioned food.

She laughed as the doors closed. Rosen just laughed a little before turning to the others.

Lets go and Gary...

I can monitor the computers no one knows that we have them.
 
Back
Top