How to dispose off Kink toys?

intofdom

Experienced
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Posts
36
I hear some states in the USA have very strict rules for what goes into the trash.
Wondering what would happen if you dump old used toys like strapons, whips, metal chastity devices etc into the trash?
How do we dispose these kinky items anyway?
 
I hear some states in the USA have very strict rules for what goes into the trash.
Wondering what would happen if you dump old used toys like strapons, whips, metal chastity devices etc into the trash?
How do we dispose these kinky items anyway?

1st option - see if they can be sold online ...
2nd option - random choose a neighbor trash bin and dispose ém ...
 
Option 1) See if you can find anyone that dose a recycling for sex toys offer. In the UK Lovehoney do one and offer points to use as shop credit.

Option 2) Brake them up as much as possible (pull whips apart. Smash plastic toys etc.)

Option 3) take them to a recycling centre/dump (I don't know if you have them in the US) either when it is very empty or very busy and dump them.

Option 4) wrap them up in bin bags with other rubbish and slowly hide them with other trash (this is what I used to do when I lived in flats with a neighbour who would go through the bins. I would put them with things like chicken carcasses and other things you wouldn't want to go near).

Option 5) just stick them in the bin. The refuse collection people have seen it all and more. I used to work doing accounts at the local council refuse depo. The guys on the rounds don't care what is in there or even look. They just want to get a dirty job done with as fast as they can. It's the guys sorting the recycling that will pull stuff out if they see it and laugh. But do you care if some guy you don't know is waving your flogger around for a laugh or pointing at a big black dildo and joking?
 
Old vinyl can be melted in a saucepan. Old silicone, not so much.

Like HELL am I going to throw away the leather that I've purchased over the years. My floggers, my singletails, and my strapon harness are sixteen years young and some of the best purchases I've made in my life. :rose:

I put them away for like, six years-- it never occurred to me that I would never want them again. And when I wanted them again,the craftspeople who had made them had ascended to the realms of legend-- Jeanette Heartwood, Bob Bowers. Ape leather. yeah... No. They will be legacies to someone.
 
The first questions that springs to mind are:

Exactly what kind of toys are we talking about?
Why discard them?


If you have to sort your waste, take it apart, and sort it by category.
Around here, the quick solution would be to remove batteries and electronics, and discard the rest as "combustible waste" along with the other waste.

If it is old PVC toys sweating plasticizers, then yes, they have to go.
Not to mention "Mr. Ed" that was chewed up by a dog!



(Or you could leave an Easter egg for future archaeologist, and make a formal burial of them somewhere secluded. An abandoned cemetery would be perfect.)
 
Never have I disposed of a toy..
After years of uses they are a part of me ;)
I still have my first that was my go to when nothing else worked.Always got me off..
Very sadly it recently died.
Maybe a nice burial is the way to go.
Hate to think of a special part of me being included in my usual weekly pick up of garbage
 
For safety best thing is to wait till your neighborhood squad car rolls past...

Look left, then right, then left again.

Next furtively scurry to the bin. Check left and right again quickly then toss it in, and scurry back home with your head down.

It should be just fine.
 
I cannot imagine the Craigslist ad for a "gently used strap on".
 
I have a one word answer to all that.

Woodchipper! :D

RC12%20Act1%20sml.jpg

The handy dandy way to eliminate sex toys and all old boyfriends named BOB.
 
For the most part people take out batteries (to properly dispose of) and throw the rest in the trash bin. If you're looking for something more Earth friendly try recycling.

They will send you a package for your items and you just send them in. They take care of the rest. ;)
 
You could always make them into Christmas ornaments and sell them on Etsy.

I am reminded somehow of the Velveteen Rabbit. When it is loved and worn in enough, maybe that giant dildo will become a real cock!
 
It wasn't intentional but I once recycled most of my kink kit when my golf clubs were stolen. I was storing my crops, paddles, rope, clothes pins, condoms and feathers in a large pocket of my golf bag to keep them from prying eyes. Some enterprising soul stole my golf clubs and no doubt had a heart attack when he dug into the pocket usually reserved for one's rain jacket and golf shoes. Would have served him right. :devil:
 
Christmas ornaments. Good plan! There must be other ways to recycle them!

Anonymous Xmas presents? Next time you are in a Secret Santa situation?

Or better yet - dispose in used clothing and other type of drop boxes?

There is always eBay - heck might make a tidy profit on that one!
 
There's a flee market in Brighton which often seems to have kinky stuff in. Including cuffs, crops, leather clothing & even a leatherman parachute not as nice as mine &nearly cost as much so still there. So someone is obviously donating toys they don't want.

Always thought glass dildos would make nice mobiles put together with old coat hangers would reflect the light beautifully when hung by the window.
 
Always thought glass dildos would make nice mobiles put together with old coat hangers would reflect the light beautifully when hung by the window.

Something to sell the nice old ladies at some nice quiet sea side resort...
 
Back
Top