His Lucky Night (closed for Sakura_doll)

Lucifers Tongue

Quiet Desperation
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Posts
1,639
extra8wa.jpg


Name: Domarius Satoshi Inoue
Nickname: most of his friends call him Toshi or Dom
Age: 23
Height/Weight: 6'3"/180 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Dark Brown
Body: Dom is lean and muscular. His left eyebrow is pierced.

*********************************************************************​


Dom slammed his shot glass down on the bar a little too hard, drawing a not so friendly look from the burly looking baretender. He tried his best to look apologetic but the truth was he'd had so many drinks by then he probably just looked like every other drunk, glassy eyed and confused. But what did it matter? What did any of it matter, now? He had lost everything. Everything.

He took a drink of his beer as he waited for the baretender to bring him another shot, assuming he was still going to bring it. He still found it hard to believe that it had all fallen apart so quickly. Just this morning he was on top of the world. He had a great job doing research for the biggest newspaper in town and was being groomed for a position as a journalist. Then, out of nowhere a shit storm ripped through the newspaper headquarters. Apparently one of the columnist had written some inflamatory comments about the local police chief and when the heat came down he somehow managed to blame the researcher who had done the fact checking on the story. Dom.

Dejected and stunned by his abrupt and unjustified firing, Dom had headed home to talk to his girlfriend, Mai, hoping that she would be able to cheer him up. Unfortunately when he walked in to their apartment he found Mai on the couch having sex with the building's maintanence supervisor. He couldn't believe that she would cheat on him, after two years living together. And worse still, instead of apologizing, she blamed everything on him, saying that she was tired of being the mature one in the relationship.

Without a job, a girlfriend or an apartment to go back to, Dom had wandered the streets for a couple of hours, so dumbfounded by what had happened, he didn't know what to do. As the sun had set, he finally went to a bar, deciding to drink away the last thirty dollars he had in his pocket.

"Thanks," he said to the bartender who had finally brought him another shot.

The man stood in front of Dom, looking at him with a disapproving look, "Maybe you'd better stop now. Settle up your tab," he suggested as Dom attempted to lift the shot glass to his mouth without spilling any of the liquor. The bartender pulled a small piece of paper out and started adding up the numbers written on it. "Six beers, seven shots, that's thirty six dollars."

Dom swallowed the shot and set the glass down more gently this time. Wait, did he say thirty six dollars? Crap. Did I really have that much to drink? Fuck. He reached into the pocket of his pants, hoping that the man would except thirty if he promised to bring him the rest the next morning. He fumbled in his pocket but couldn't find the money. Standing up somewhat wobbly, he checked his other pocket. Nothing.

"Problem?" the large bartender asked, his arms folded in front of him.

"Uhm, I had some money here..." Dom said, checking his pockets again, baffled as to where his money had gone.

"You little shit," the man said, lifting the pass and walking around to where Dom stood, leaning against the bar stool. Before Dom could offer to bring him the money the next day, the bartender grabbed him by the back of the neck and dragged him clumsily to the entrance, pushing him violently through the door. "Don't come back, dick head!"

Dom landed roughly on the wet sidewalk, the rain pouring down on him as he struggled to get up. Once he finally regained his feet he looked around for somewhere to go but everything around was either closed or not a place that would welcome a penniless drunk in out of the rain. Remembering that there was a park nearby, Dom stumbled off down the street in that general direction. A few minutes later he was beginning to feel naseous, so he turned down a small alley way. He threw up behind a dumpster before collapsing against the brick wall.

Just need to sit for a minute...just need to sit and catch my breath...I'll be fine...
 
Yuri Makuto

__Yuri.jpg

Name: Yuri Himeko Asuka Makuto
Nickname: Boyfriend calls her candy (picking on her hair)
likes to go by Lily, or Yuri
Hime eventually by Domarius
Age: 21
Height/weight: 5’8”/12o
Hair: Short shaggy cherry red hair with pink and cotton candy blue bangs
Eyes: Green eyes one an off shade of dime olive the other almost spring green.
Body: Thin, with curves
Marks: She has a small heart tattoo on her chest, a deep long scar on her right arm, and burn marks on her upper body worse on her back, and a scar around her neck often hidden .

Yuri’s a cautious girl. Nice caring and helpful. Though it’s hard for her to trust people. Her last boyfriend was abusive and a jerk. But she eventually left him. She lives in a moderately sized apartment, though it barely has any furnishings. fridge, computer and sesk, small TV, futon. It's pretty raggedy but she get's by. She works part time at a bar/club.

She’s a quirky girl and once she feels comfortable with someone she opens a little she’s nice, friendly, can be a little hyper and strange. She’s a relatively calm person, happy-go-lucky.
Though comes off as skiddish and scared since she's still recovering from her abusive boyfriend.

 
Last edited:

It was late in the afternoon got out of her bed with a heavy sigh. She looked around her room seeing her apartment was empty feeling relief wash over her. She had a decent sized apartment, but it was sparsely decorated only the essentials mostly decorated her home.

She’d sat up recalling the shitty night she’d had waking to find it was nearly 2.30 in the afternoon. Stretching as she sat up she rubbed her sore shoulder and arm wincing at the sharp pain that ran through her. “Damn” She groaned getting up, she’d fallen asleep in her close from the other night walking to her mirror she looked herself over with a heavy sigh she was wearing a tube top; and the bruise forming on her shoulder and right arm were easily seen. Looking at her face she rubbed her lips removing the traces of dried blood. With a frustrated groan she ran her fingers through her messy cherry pink hair her cotton candy bangs frizzed in her eyes. She tore herself away from her broken reflection in the mirror heading into her bathroom.

Turning on the hot water letting it heat up she stepped in 5 minutes later cringing as the water ran over her sore body her legs trembling slightly taking a breath she calmed herself down. Washing up for what was left of the day she stepped out of the shower 20 minutes later wrapping her large worn towel around her waist. “I hope I still have a job…” She said to herself looking in the mirror of her bathroom wiping the steam away looking at her reflection. She looked a little better her dim 2-toned green eyes looked stared at her reflection for a long moment before finally heading into her bedroom. Rummaging through her closet she tried to figure out what to wear craning her neck to look out the window seeing the sunlight peeking through dark clouds.

She decided on her outfit, pulling out a long sleeve short grey and blue terry dress (the one from her picture) and a pair of short shorts to wear underneath. Getting dressed she fixed her shoulders to hide some of her bruising and brushed her hair so it looked neat and clean, brushing her bangs to the side. She nodded grabbing her large purse and slipped into a pair of dark navy wedged sneakers her boots for work tucked into her purse. Locking her door behind her she walked out of her apartment building and made her way down the street, she’d worked 5 blocks away at a bar/club she waitresses for which ever side needs her, and is learning to be a bartender.

Finally arriving at her destination it was almost 5 and she was about 3 hours late for her shift. She got the job from a friend of hers Tsuno, he’d known her since they were 10 and he knew how rough her boyfriend was so he does his best to over look her tardiness, and absences and when she comes in beaten and bruised like she would be doing this evening. Changing into her boots before finding Tsuno she apologized profusely for her lateness explaining that she’d had a bad night and over slept. The manger took a look at her and felt sorry giving her a scolding but let her work the bar tonight; which she was thankful for.

Her night went like it usually did when she worked at the bar, she served food, and was hit on and just short of sexually harassed by every old and perverted drunk in the place but she’d grown numb to it simply laughing it off. She’d taken note of the young guy who seemed to be drinking problems away but didn’t pay him too much attention as she was having a busy night.

But with only a half an hour left till she was done she passed by the younger drunk man as he was getting ready to leave, seems he was a little short. She watched as he was kicked out and she talked to Haru the grump old bartender offering to pay what the guy didn’t feeling bad for him. He grumbled but accepted and she’d finished her shift. Clocking out she sat at the bar changing back into her sneaker glad to get her boots off. But the relief was stifled when she’d felt a hand squeeze her bruise shoulder. Turning quickly she looked to see Rin behind her she gasped pulling away clutching her purse in front of her as he smiled his wicked smile.

“Ri… Rin. Leave me alone. We’re over.” She said giving him a cold glare which didn’t faze him in the slightest as he grinned at her leaning down pressing his lips to hers. “Whatever you say Candy.” He smirked and she backed away slipping from the bar walking in the pouring rain rubbing her lips furiously, trying to get the feeling off of them. She was a block away when she heard splashed footprints turning she made out a familiar tall figure in the rain. She gasped when the tall large man grabbed her by the waist pressing his lips hard against hers. Walking fast down an alley beside them he’d tripped over something stumbling a few steps turning to see a guy nearly passed out in the cold dark alley.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU BUM!” Rin yelled annoyed as Yuri cried out trying fruitlessly to beat him away her arms restrained he smacked her hard with his free hand her head jerking violently to the side drifting off for a moment her eyes blinking when she’d felt pain through out her body. Rin was pressing her hard against the jagged broken brick wall feeling her back bleeding into the rain his body crushing her as his lips surrounded her more so she couldn’t cry his one hand holding her waist and arms the other pressed hard beneath her dress.
 
Despite the cold rain that was drenching him more and more by the minute, Dom had begun to fall asleep in the alleyway, his back against the brick wall, leaning against the dumpster to his right when voices brought him back to consciousness. His first thought was the some homeless people were trying to find a dry place to get out of the rain, but then another more sobering thought occurred to him. Perhaps someone had followed him into the alley to rob him.

Opening his eyes, Dom struggled to see anything in the darkness that surrounded him. A moment later he felt someone stumble over his leg, then heard a man's voice berating him. He clumsily attempted to stand, using the slick metal surface of the dumpster to hold onto as he rose. He was still in a daze from the alcohol as he finally reached his feet, wanting to somehow find his way out of the alley and into a safe place, any place.

He took a wobbly step in the direction of the street when he heard something behind him. Turning back to look he nearly fell, catching himself on a trash can. He saw movement further down the alley and slowly began to move that direction. As he drew near the movement, his head finally beginning to clear a bit, he saw a woman pressed awkwardly against the brick by a man.

Dom considered the possibility that the couple had come into the alley for some privacy, noticing the man's hand under the woman's dress but then the rain began to lessen a bit and he was finally able to make out the girl's face. Something about the look on her face told him that she didn't want to be there, and she didn't want the man's hand under her dress. Then he saw the blood on her shoulder and back.

"Hey, back off the lady," he said loudly, doing his best not to slur his words. "I think she wants to leave now." Dom took a deep breath and straightened as he stepped closer grabbing the man by the shoulder and pulling him off the helpless girl.
 
Yuri’s eyes perked hearing the new voice worried for a moment that he’d got a friend to share her with. Squinting her eyes shut she felt his body tense cracking a lid she looked up at him feeling his lips pull harshly from her looking at the stranger. Watching Rin eye the guy standing before him he rotated his shoulders his neck cracking with a loud sound pushing Yuri away she slumped to the ground gasping as she whimpered the brick tearing against her skin.

“Who the hell are you to be meddling between me and her?” He questioned stepping up the man seeing he looked a little wobbly he pushed his shoulder hard. “Go off and get another drink somewhere. This is one party you’re not welcome to.” He said cocking an eyebrow seeing the man not moving.

Yuri pressed her hands to the slick brick slowly climbing to her feet taking a deep breath feeling the raining on her aching back taking a staggered step towards the 2 guys she looked for something, anything she could hit him with. Falling to her knees she saw a half a brick on the ground picking it up she weakly threw it at Rin hitting him in the back making him cry out in agitation more than anything the pain not enough to take him down.

“You bitch.” He sighed leaving the guy he’d turned to put his attention back on his girlfriend grabbing her by the neck lifting her to her feet as he squeezed. “Why are you so stupid? You make me hurt you… I don’t want to, but you leave me know choice.” He sighed looking down into her eyes the darkness hiding her face from his view as she grabbed his hand clawing at it with her fingernails only succeeding in making him toss her aside.
 
Dom stumbled back a few steps from the guy's push, the brick wall keeping him from going down in a heap. He watched in horror as the man grabbed the injured girl by the neck and started yelling at her. Dom wanted to rush the man and knock him down but his body wasn't responding, everything he tried to do was in slow motion.

He saw the helpless girl clawing at the man, saw him toss her back down to the ground roughly. He needed to do something, anything to help her. Looking around he saw the brick that she had thrown at her assailant a few moments before. It had bounced off the man's back, harmlessly falling at Dom's feet. One hand on the wall to steady himself, Dom lowered himself down and tried to grab the brick. He missed and managed to push it further away from himself. Stumbling forward his hand closed on the brick but he was losing his balance, reeling forward. At the last moment, brick in hand, Dom launched himself into the guy's legs, taking him down in a tangle of limbs.

Dom rolled over bringing the brick up in his hand, intending to hit the asshole in the face, instead he found himself between the man's legs. Improvising, Dom brought the brick down hard, hitting the man right where it would do the most damage. A loud, howl of pain rang out and he felt the man's legs pull away as he curled up into a ball, moaning in pain.

Dom pulled himself up again, the brick still in his hand as he looked around, trying to get his bearings. The guy was definitely down, at least for a few minutes. Dom found the girl slumped against a trash can and offered her a hand up, "Come on let's get you out of here before Romeo puts his nuts back together and gets back up."
 
Yuri was lying on the ground after being thrown by Rin, holding her head she tried to sit up, finding it hurt a lot to do so but she managed to get herself partially sitting up on her knees. Leaning against a trashcan she looked around to find the tall man who was harassing her seeing him struggling with the other man. Figuring they weren’t working together she grabbed the top of the trash can trying desperately to pull herself to her feet.

She’d heard a loud moan of pain hoping it wasn’t the stranger she turned to the side seeing Rin curled up on the hard wet ground smiling to herself. She was pulling herself up when she’d heard a voice behind her freezing a moment she managed to turn her head seeing a tall dark stranger in front of her. Seeing the hand she hesitantly took it pulling herself up with his help too dazed to worry about what Rin would do followed the stranger out of the alley, it was still raining and she could hear thunder in the distance but it wasn’t pouring quite as hard as it had been. Catching her breath she slumped forward as she silently walked a moment her hair paltered to her face and neck wiping it messily aside she looked to the stranger besides her letting go of his hand.

“Umm… thanks.” She said gratefully leaning against the wall almost 2 blocks away from the alley now she looked up at her saviors face. “You’re hurt.” She said taking not of a deep cut on his arm and one on his cheek. “”I’m sorry.” She said softly catching her breath feeling light headed as she pushed off the wall. “Come with me.” She said turning away stumbling down the street her body feeling heavy.
 
They ran down the street, hand in hand, water splashing up into the air from the puddled concrete with each step. Dom was grateful when he felt the girl slow down and release his hand. He was feeling the effects of the alcohol more than ever after the scuffle and the mad sprint that followed. He leaned his head back, taking a deep breath, cold rain drops falling down on his face.

When he looked back down he saw the girl leaning against the wall, catching her breath. It was dark but he could still see that she was in rough shape, scrapes and cuts on her hands, as well as her back and shoulders. The guy had really done a number on her. Dom wondered to himself how much worse it might have gotten if he hadn't come along.

He was just about to ask her if she was okay when she pointed out the cuts on Dom's arm and cheek. He was actually surprised when he looked down and saw the blood on his arm. He hadn't really felt the injuries, apparently the one good side effect of being hammered. God, my life is shit, he thought to himself. I lose my job, my girlfriend, my apartment all in one day, then get kicked out of a bar and end up drunk off my ass sitting in an alley in the rain and now to top it all off, I'm running for my life from some psycho.

The girl pushed herself away from the wall and started down the street, telling Dom to come with her. Not sure what else to do, he followed behind her, glancing over his shoulder once to make sure the guy wasn't anywhere in sight. Seeing the girl was struggling, Dom ran to catch up with her, lifting her arm up over his shoulder so he could help support her, "Lean on me."
 
Yuri was catching her breath as they made their way the short distance in silence. She wasn’t what to say to the stranger or even if she should bring him to her home but glancing at him from the corner of her eye for a long moment she felt he could use a break, he was clearly drunk and wet from the rain, and down on his luck. She wasn’t fully aware of the tingling pain pricking through her body, or how she staggered till the strange approached her from the side offering his help.

She gave him a look but slowly nodded leaning against his shoulder as she led the way towards her building. Stepping inside the air-conditioned lobby sent a chill down her spine. Making their way to the elevator too tired to walk the 3 flights of stairs she slumped against the wall as they rose.

With a jolt they arrived on her floor, and stepping off the elevator she let him to her apartment. Stepping away from him to open her door she let him in locking the many locks on her door sighing to herself. “Thank-you again…” She said leading him to her couch sitting him down. “What’s your name?” She asked as she left the room walking through an empty doorway to her room carefully changing into an oversized sweater and pair of long terry-cloth pants. Returning for a moment only to retreat into the bathroom with a small bucket of first-aid stuff. “My name’s Yuri, Yuri Makuto.” She said as warmly as she could her wet hair still plastered to her cheeks and forehead as she got a swab out dabbing a little alcohol on it, “Brace yourself.” She said as she carefully dabbed the wound on his cheek first taking not of his appearance seeing how worn and tired he looked but still had a certain rugged handsomeness to him..
 
Dom had intended to walk the girl to her home and then try to find a dry place to spend the night, but when they reached her apartment building and she offered to let him come up, he didn't argue. His mood lightened a little at the possibility that he might be able to steal a couple of hours of sleep on her couch before morning.

The apartment itself was nice but he couldn't help but notice how sparsely decorated it was. Other than the couch, there wasn't much furniture. It had the look of a place someone had just moved into, except without the piles of boxes waiting to be unpacked. Dom took a seat on the couch, trying his best to offer a friendly smile when she thanked him for helping her.

“What’s your name?”

"Dom...Domarius Inoue," he answered just before she disappeared into her bedroom. While he waited for his host to return, Dom sat back on the couch then quickly sat back up realizing that he was still soaking wet from the rain. He didn't want to get her furniture all wet and dirty. He stood and removed his jacket, hanging it on the front door knob. Then he kicked his shoes off and left them by the door so he wouldn't track any more dirt into the apartment than he already had. Accepting that there was probably nothing he could do about his wet pants, Dom took a seat on the couch again.

“My name’s Yuri, Yuri Makuto,” she said, her voice friendly as she returned. She had changed clothes and was carrying a small handful of first aid supplies. Dom sat still as Yuri dabbed his cheek with medicine, still too numb from alcohol and the cold rain to notice the sting of the medicine against the open cut.

As she worked on his cuts and examined him for other injuries he noticed two things. First, she was a very beautiful girl, even with her striking pink and blue hair plastered to her face, and her mismatched eyes. The second thing he noticed was that she appeared to have more cuts and scrapes from the encounter in the alley than he did, and hers looked more severe.

"I should have taken you to a hospital. I'm sorry, I'm just not thinking clearly tonight," he said as she finished mending him. "That guy really roughed you up good. Did you know him?"
 
Yuri noted how little he reacted to the stinging of the ointment frowning imagining what it was like for him to drink so much. “It’s nice to meet you Domarius Inoue.” She offered her voice polite and low, as if she was afraid to speak up. She put a bandage on his cheek before moving to his arm blotting away the partially dried blood again wiping it with the stinging medicine see no real reaction to it. Seeing he’d taken off his jacket and shoes she thought a moment while bandaging his arm. “Any other injuries.” She said more to herself as she looked him over not seeing anything. “I think I got everything.” She said absently getting to her feet. Walking into the kitchen she got him a few pieces of bread and a glass of water. “Here something in your stomach may help a little.” She said as she placed it on her small coffee table.

Walking back into her room she’d made a call on her phone chatting for 10 minutes she hung up, walking to a pile of clothes on the floor she grabbed a pair of flannel pants and a blue t-shirt. Heading back out into the living room. “No worries.” She said to his remark, “I’ve been through worse.” She said with a small shrug. She was hesitant to answer but nodded. “He’s my boyfriend..” She said rubbing her eyes furiously. “Well I dumped him but he won’t take that. So he keeps coming back.” She said crossing her arms protectively in front of herself. “But I’m so sorry you got involved.” She said jumping when the door opened, she sighed relieved seeing her friend she called.

“Domarius, this is my friend Kachina, she’ll help me get cleaned up. Please I know it’s the wrong order but feel free to take a shower and get cleaned up, I grabbed these for you. They may be a little big on you though.” She said putting the clothes down beside him.

Her friend had dark skin, and fiery red hair and golden brown eyes which were locked on the guy on the couch, “Who’s he?” She asked distrust in her tone, “He saved me from him… He dropped by the bar and followed me out.” She said with a sigh seeing the look her friend gave her. “Maybe he can be your body guard.” She said with a laugh, “Take off your shirt.” She said the candy haired girl.

“Umm the bathrooms through there.” She said pointing to her bedroom. After he’d gotten up she removed her shirt letting her friend see the damage. With a sigh she began cleaning her up. Asking her about the man who was in her home.
 
Dom closed the bathroom door, laying the clothes that Yuri had brought him on the counter beside the sink. He winced when he saw himself in the mirror, his face a mess of cuts, scrapes, dirt and unidentified slime. His hair was wet and in desperate need of a brush or comb, while his eyes were bloodshot and unfocused. Between his wet, soiled clothes and the mess of his face it was a wonder that Yuri had trusted him enough to invite him into her apartment.

After pulling his t-shirt off and dropping it on the floor, Dom turned the water on in the shower, testing the temperature with his hand then adjusting the knobs until it was warm enough. He pulled his pants and underwear off piling them on the floor with the shirt before stepping into the shower. The warm water felt good against his skin. As he began to wash the dirt and grime from his body, Dom thought about Yuri. She was a pretty girl, and certainly seemed nice enough, which made it even harder to figure out why she would have ever gotten involved with an asshole like her ex-boyfriend. Maybe she was too nice. She definitely gave him the impression that she'd been treated badly before, that she was used to it even. He couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

Listen to yourself, he thought. You are actually feeling sorry for someone else. You lost everything you had today...your girfriend, your job, and your home. All gone in one day and you have the fucking audacity to feel sorry for some girl because her boyfriend was a dick. At least she has a place to live and a job. You're the loser here, not her.

As Dom stood there, his head bowed under the shower head, the warm water streaming down over his hair and shoulders, thinking about everything that had happened to him, he wanted to cry but he couldn't. He was emotionally drained, lost, so numb that he was actually afraid. Is this how people feel before they give up, before they take their own life? Is that the path I'm headed down now?

No! I'll find another job. I'll find a place to live. I'm not going to give up. I just need a few days to get my head together, Dom told himself. He scrubbed some shampoo into his scalp, then rinsed it out. Shutting the water off, he stepped out of the shower, reaching for the big, fluffy towel hanging from a hook. Dom dried himself off before wrapping the towel around his waist. He stepped back to the mirror, wiping steam from the surface. "I just need a few days to get my head together," he said out loud as he looked at himself.

He heard a knock at the door, then Yuri's voice, “Hey Domarius… After you’re done come out and have something to eat. I wanna talk to you.”

Dom brushed his hair and then dressed in the borrowed clothes, finding that they actually fit quite well. He did his best to clean up after himself, hanging the wet towel over the shower curtain rod to let it dry, and then placing his dirty clothes in a semi-neat pile on the edge of the tub, until he could find a bag to put them in. Once he was done he opened the bathroom door and stepped out, hoping that he looked a little more presentable than he had before he'd gone in.
 
Last edited:
Yuri sat on her kitchen chair the back between her legs her friend cleaning up the wounds on her back, they weren’t too bad, mostly scrapes and small scratches. But one to 2 of her old wounds re opened which were a little problematic. Her friend had to stitch them up again. But like her house guest she didn’t flinch used to the pain and numb to it. Her friend noticed her demeanor asking her more about the guy who was in her bathroom. “Lily… He’s not your new guy friend or anything… right?” She asked eying the girl as she finished stitching her large cut on her shoulder. “Don’t be stupid Ai, we just met. Rin dragged me into an alley and he happened by and stopped him, he got beat up a little himself.” She said her shoulders slumping feeling a slight sting.

Getting to her feet her shirt still on the kitchen table she walked into her room fishing through her closet pulling out a worn red halter top exposing her back letting the cool air touch her skin. She returned to the living room seeing her friend throwing the stuff she’d used away. “I ordered ya some food should be here in a few minutes. I got it, I’ll see ya later.” The woman hurriedly left the apartment leaving her friend standing by the couch still a little confused. She ran her fingers through her hair fixing it a little as her doorbell rang. Opening her door she saw an old man holding a bag of food. She thanked him taking it shutting her door she made her way to the living room table seeing what Ai had gotten.

The first smile of the night crossed her face seeing her favorite Chinese food. Sesame chicken, veggie lo-main teriyaki chicken, dumpling, sweet buns and orange chicken. She sighed seeing all the food her friend got her. “She must think I never eat.” She said with a groan, getting to her feet she walked into the kitchen getting 2 plates. She put food for herself on one leaving the other for her house guest.

After taking a bite of sesame chicken she got to her feet walking to the bathroom door she knocked lightly. “Hey Domarius… After you’re done come out and have something to eat. I wanna talk to you.” She said waiting outside the door a moment before heading back into the living room sitting carefully on the couch grabbing the container of sesame chicken.

***************
 
Dom could smell the food as soon as he stepped out of the bathroom, realizing to surprise that he hadn't eaten since lunch. He walked slowly into the living room, seeing his hostess sitting on the couch with a plate on her lap, and several small containers of food sitting on the table in front of her. There was no sign of Yuri's friend Kachina in the living room or the kitchen.

Dom felt a little of unsure of himself as he stepped around the table and sat down on the other end of the couch from Yuri, who he noticed had changed and cleaned up as well. It was good to see that her injuries weren't more serious.

"Listen, I just wanted to thank you for letting me come back here and dry off, and get cleaned up. That was really nice of you. I think this has probably been the worst day of my life, but I know it would have been a lot worse if you hadn't come along. At least now I'm not laying in some alley, drunk. I should be going though, I've imposed enough already," he said, standing up.
 
Yuri flinched as the guy sat beside her on the other end of the couch giving him a glance seeing he seemed to be looking around. “Umm Kachina left already. While you were in the shower.” She said her voice light sounding frail. “If ya want to see her again I can have her come back. It’s late so she went back to sleep.” She said with a slight chuckle running a hand through her hair nervously as she often did when she was uncomfortable.

She took a bite of her chicken glancing towards him once more as he thanked her. She bowed her head politely as she swallowed her food. “It’s no problem.” She said matter-of-factly clearing her throat as he got to his feet, “Sit down.” She said turning to face him swallowing another bite of chicken. “Where are you going to go?” She asked a cool serious tone to her words. “I’ve overheard you… You don’t have anywhere to go.” She said knowingly giving him another look.

“I owe you for tonight so you can stay here till morning. And we can talk more tomorrow after you’ve sobered a little more and we both get some sleep.” She said looking over at him. “And have some food, she ordered way too much. I’ll have left-overs for days.” She said with a chuckle. “I’m sure ya must be at least a little hungry.” She said with a nod turning back to her plate.
 
Just the mention of food triggered a rumbling in Dom's stomach, his hunger pains intensified even more by the smell of the assorted chicken, vegetables and noodles that were sitting on the table in front of him. He sat back down, even as he told himself that he shouldn't. He had imposed enough on Yuri's kindness by taking a shower and changing clothes, but she was right. He didn't have any where else to go...and he was hungry.

Smiling weakly, Dom muttered a thank you as he reached for a plate and spooned some food out of the containers. He ate slowly, concerned that his body might not be able to stomach the food so soon after ingesting so much alcohol. As he ate he studied his host. She seemed to be a strange blend of contradictions. Her cotton colored hair and clothes gave the impression of someone who was outgoing and expressive, but her body language and soft spoken demeanor made her seem very shy, even vulnerable. She was obviously a very friendly and compassionate person, and yet she clearly had a boyfriend who was anything but friendly. Dom could see several older scars and bruises on her arms, shoulders and upper back. He wondered just how long her boyfriend had been abusing her before they broke up. Had there been others before him?

Soon, Dom found himself thinking about his girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, he reminded himself. I guess I'm not much better at picking people than Yuri. How could I have not seen what a tramp Mai was, he asked himself as he finished eating.

"Thank you for the food," he said leaning forward to set his plate on the table. "Look, I just wanted to say, uhm, well I don't want you to think that I make it a habit of getting drunk and sleeping in alley ways. It's just, well, I sort of had the worst day ever and...I don't know...I lost my job at the newspaper and then I found out my girlfriend was having an affair...I actually walked in on them..." his voice grew soft. "It was just a really bad day."
 
Nodding with a hint of a smile when he thanked her. “No problem. As I said, I owe you.” She nodded with a lessened smile. “And the food and a place to sleep for the night are simply to reimburse for that. And as I sad we can talk more tomorrow on what to do after that. Looks like you’ll need a place to sleep till you get back on your feet. And you’re welcome to any of Rin’s things to wear.” She added taking another large bite of chicken smiling to herself at the taste.

“I’m sorry about your girlfriend. It’s her loss. True I don’t know you but if Rin were a fraction as nice as you were I’d be in heaven.” She sighed looking down at her food as she thought. “You must think I’m pathetic letting him beat on me how he has.” She made a face deciding to continue. “I won’t bore you by going into it but since I was young I’ve just attracted those kinds of guys. Start off sweet but eventually their true colors first. I guess Otou-san screwed me up more than I thought…” She muttered cutting him off knowing her torrid past would burn any chance of friendship. “Umm never mind.” She added quickly running her fingers through her hair.

“I work at the bar/club you were drinking in, but I’ve got money from… my parents. But Rin made it so I couldn’t spend it. But now he has no say. If there’s anything financially I can do for you let me know. I’d love to help you out.” She said warmly; getting to her feet she set her plate on the table. Leaving the room she grabbed a few blankets and a pillow setting them on the couch where she was sitting. “Here ya go,” She said with a and going about cleaning up the rest of the food and taking her plate she said goodnight heading into her room sitting by the window she watched the rain which started again.
 
“You must think I’m pathetic letting him beat on me how he has," Dom looked up as Yuri began to speak about her ex-boyfriend. In the back of his mind, he knew it was true. He had always thought that any girl who stayed with a guy who beat her was stupid, but somehow, sitting there listening to Yuri try to explain, watching her, knowing how nice she was, he didn't think of her as stupid, just...unfortunate. Unfortunate to have come across an asshole like Rin who would take advantage of her.

“I won’t bore you by going into it but since I was young I’ve just attracted those kinds of guys. Start off sweet but eventually their true colors first. I guess Otou-san screwed me up more than I thought…” Dom got the impression she had been about to say more but had stopped herself. “Umm never mind,” She finally said, quickly running her fingers through her multi-colored hair.

Dom wanted to say something nice, something sympathetic or supportive but he just couldn't think of the right words. Cursing his decision to drown his sorrows in alcohol he simply sat quietly, trying his best to smile as he watched Yuri place blankets and a pillow on the arm of the couch. "Thank you, Yuri," Dom said as his hostess began cleaning up the food. "I really do appreciate this."

After Yuri went to bed, Dom stretched out on the couch and pulled one of the blankets out to cover himself. Within minutes, he was asleep, snoring soundly.
 
Yuri glanced out her open bedroom doorway looking at the man as he still sat smiling to herself glad she could help him out. He seemed like a really nice guy to her and she was glad she could give him something to eat, and a warm place to sleep. She found herself wondering about her house guest as she turned her eyes back out the window. A few minutes later she heard the sounds as he’d shifted and laid on the couch and giggled lightly when she’d heard the snoring. She sat in the chair for a good 2 hours before her tiredness won out, and she stumbled to her feet falling into bed and no sooner had her body hit the mattress, she was fast asleep…

The morning came and went without as much as a stir from her. When noon finally started rearing it’s head she started to shift and groan. Lifting her face from the blanket she saw her clock’s large numbers blinking 11.45. She let out a loud yawn glad she was off the next few days. She needed some time away from work.

She got up slowly running her fingers through her hair getting up from her bed. Rubbing her eyes as she stretched she walked into the other room seeing Dom still on the couch blushing a little she’d nearly forgotten about the man she’d let stay on her couch. Walking into her kitchen she opened up her fridge grabbing her carton of sesame chicken, and a guava juice heating her food up she leaned against the counter sipping her drink as she waited for the beep.

Once it was done she took her food and sat out on the small balcony attached to her apartment sitting in a chair she felt the warm breeze as she ate her food.
 
As expected, Dom woke up the next day with a serious hangover. He groaned as he sat up on the couch, trying to untangle his feet from the blankets that were covering him. The light coming in through the windows seemed unnecessarily bright and harsh and every noise he made seemed magnified by his headache.

The only thing that felt worse than his head was his stomach as he stood up. He made his way toward Yuri's bedroom, pausing at the open door to make sure she wasn't still asleep. There was no sign of his hostess. One hand on his stomach, Dom proceeded through the empty bedroom, into the bathroom.

After his trip to the bathroom, and splashing some water on his face, Dom felt a little better. Unfortunately, the more awake and alert he became, the more he remembered about the previous day. The day my life went to shit, he thought to himself.

He ran his hands through his hair as he emerged from the bathroom and walked back into the living room. He noticed that the door to the balcony was open slightly, and he thought he detected the distinct aroma of sesame chicken wafting into the apartment.

Dom found Yuri sitting on the balcony, curled up in a chair.

"Good morning," he said, smiling somewhat sheepishly at her. "Did you sleep okay?"
 
Yuri looked to the bright blue sky which was a big difference from the dark stormy day yesterday ended up being. But she also felt a little relieved her and Rin were over and she felt like this time she could be done with her for good. She took another bite of her chicken her attention drawn to her apartment when she’d heard something freezing a moment she calmed down remembering she’d had a guest sleeping on the couch.

Settling back in her chair she took another bit of her chicken closing her eyes feeling the warmed breeze blowing through her hair. Turning her head when she’d heard his voice she gave him a small giggling when he’d asked how she slept.

“Good morning yourself. I slept olright, I only woke maybe 10 minutes ago.” She said with a nod looking back out to the sky. “But shouldn’t I be asking how you slept.” She said with small smile uncurling she stretched as she slowly got to her feet.

“Can I get you anything? I’m sure you feel like crap.” She said walking up to the door looking up at him a moment before walking past him into her home.

Setting her food down on the small kitchen table she walked to the counters thinking of what to make taking out a bottle popping out a pill she set it on the counter getting a glass of OJ.

“I found this helps hangovers not kill ya so much.” She said leaning against the counter.

"I’m not sure what you want if anything for breakfast.” She glanced to him as he stood in the kitchen doorway.

 
Just the mention of breakfast caused Dom's stomach to turn in protest, and brought a quick groan from his lips, "Oh no, I don't think food and I would get along right now. I will take the hangover cure though, thanks." Dom reached out and picked up the small pill, slipping to the back of his throat, then quickly chased it down with a big drink of the orange juice. Setting the glass back down he took a deep breath, hopinh the medicine kicked in soon.

"Listen, I know last night you said that I could stay here for a few days, you know, until I get back on my feet," Dom said, looking over at Yuri, as she leaned against the counter. She was even prettier than he remembered from his previous night's drunken haze. Her pink and blue hair, and her big eyes, made her look like a cute little doll. "Well, I just wanted to say, if you changed your mind, I'll understand. I mean you barely know me, and I don't want you to feel like you have to pay me back just because of last night."
 
Yuri watched him taking the pill turning she poured herself a glass of water taking her place against the counter once more sipping her drink. “I figured as much but I thought I’d ask just in case I’ve got plenty to eat.” She commented taking another sip. “make sure you drink lots of water, keep you hydrated.’ She said staring into her water before turning her attention to him once m ore.

She nodded when he’d mentioned her offer to stay with her for a few days. Feeling his eyes on her she blushed smiling shaking her head. “No it’s fine I do recall saying it.” She said tilting her head towards him letting herself smile a little more. “It’s partially paying you back for saving me, but also I’d like to help ya. If having a warm place to stay can help someone get back on their feet it’s no big deal. And to be honest I’d feel a little safer just for a few days having you stay here.” She sighed.

“Ya don’t have to be my bodyguard or anything. Just Rin doesn’t always stay gone for too long. But maybe ya scared him off.” She said with a small chuckle. “Actually as long as you can stand the couch you’re welcome here as long as you need.” She added pushing off the counter. “And I/’m off for a few days so if I can help.” She said grabbing a piece of chicken from her carton on the table.
 
Dom’s eyes folloed Yuri as she moved to the table to get some more chicken, smiling at how adorable she looked with her pink and blue hair falling down into her face. She seemed so fragile and vulnerable, but at the same time she was trusting and compassionate and most importantly, the only thing preventing him from sleeping on the streets the next few nights.

“You must be the nicest person in the world, seriously,” he said, shaking his head. “Well, I’m going to go by my apartment and start packing up my stuff.” He rubbed his chin as he considered what else he needed to do. “I’ll stop by work and pick up my last check too. At least I’ll have money for food so I won’t have to be a complete mooch.”

He started toward the door but paused, turning back toward Yuri, “Do you have to work tonight? I mean…do you think you’ll be here when I get back?”
 
Yuri sat at the table across form him looking up only now aware he was watching her. A hint of a blush painting her cheeks as she hid her face behind the chicken container. "I don't know about all that. But you helped me out. it's the least I could do." She said in a matter-of-fact tone.

She giggled when he'd said he wouldn't be a complete mooch. She shrugged. "I've got plenty of food and I don't eat a lot so whatever you want to do." She said with a friendly smile setting the container down. "Though I'm not a very good cook or so I've been told. So you're on your own. Less you want to suffer through my cooking she said sheepishly.

Listening as he'd said what he'd probably do today she nodded. "Ya need any help with your things? Not that you'd want a stranger in your home going though your things." She said with an absent nod looking out the small window.

She shook her head turning back to him after he'd spoken to her. Putting her finger to her chin, "Well I'm off for a few days. Till Monday." She said. "Long weekend for me." She said with something of a smile. "SO I'll be here." She said absently.
 
Back
Top