GRe-editing a story

Panthers70

Virgin
Help please with re-editing a story

I'm trying to add a note to the start of one of my stories and also add an extra tag but the story seems to be stuck "pending". Another story I entered a few days later has already been published.

FROM THE FAQ
I've re-edited my story and want to replace the posted version with my new edited one. How do I do this?
No problem! Simply submit the new version as you submitted the old one, only adding the word "EDITED" to the title (ex. "My Sexy Firefighter Ch. 03 - EDITED") so that we know to replace the old text with the new text.

I've followed those instructions and written in the "Authors note" section what the changes are.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
I'm trying to add a note to the start of one of my stories and also add an extra tag but the story seems to be stuck "pending". Another story I entered a few days later has already been published.

FROM THE FAQ
I've re-edited my story and want to replace the posted version with my new edited one. How do I do this?
No problem! Simply submit the new version as you submitted the old one, only adding the word "EDITED" to the title (ex. "My Sexy Firefighter Ch. 03 - EDITED") so that we know to replace the old text with the new text.

I've followed those instructions and written in the "Authors note" section what the changes are.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I could be wrong, but I think edits take lower priority than new submissions, which means it could take longer to be approved.

As I understand it, edits usually have a lower priority than new stories. It may take a week for edits to be published. Sometimes longer, depending on a wide variety of things.

What they said. You sent yourself straight to the back of the queue.

Thanks all for your replies

Giving re-edited stories a lower priority makes sense and would explain the delay but if that is correct the FAQ needs to be re-edited as well as the next line after the ones I've already quoted is ......

"Edited stories take up to 48 hours to appear correctly on the site as the pages must be regenerated by the site scripts."

FWIW I submitted it on 04/13/2018.

Time to be patient

:)

Thanks all for your replies

Giving re-edited stories a lower priority makes sense and would explain the delay but if that is correct the FAQ needs to be re-edited as well as the next line after the ones I've already quoted is ......

"Edited stories take up to 48 hours to appear correctly on the site as the pages must be regenerated by the site scripts."

Time to be patient

That seems to refer to after it's been published and left your pending queue. So, it'll disappear, but the edits might not appear on your page for another 48 hours.

Time to be patient

A subtlety - 48 hours after the story has been looked at by the editor, which as the others point out, might take a week.

Patience, grasshopper. Also, get it right the first time :).

Edit: ffs, Clearwater! What's the chances of two geniuses saying exactly the same thing at the same time?

Last edited:
Story appeared today so for anyone else re-editing their work the process may take around 10 days.

Thanks all for your replies - advice was spot on.

Back