Military Men and The Women Who Love Them

EroticLiteracy

Literotica Guru
Navy Man Through and Through

“Got the news today didn’t you kid?”

He turned to Chief Bryant his intense blue eyes giving the military man in fatigue all the answer he needed. The young E1 was practically choking the bottle of the beer and even though the bar was packed with his fellow service men he was as alone as alone could be.

“I uh did sir” Eckard said running a hand through his freshly shaved brown hair as he leaned back and regarded the commander “I just didn’t think it would be so soon”

“No one ever does kid” Chief Bryant said his eyes soft and missing their usual hard edge. The senior military man slid into the booth gesturing at one of the pretty bartender manning the bar to bring him a beer. Eckard couldn’t help but stare at him his mouth slightly agape at the senior military man blasé attitude toward sitting with him.

“We are off the clock” Chief Bryant said snorting at his shocked face “Consider me a friend… well a friend of sorts. I’ll try my best not to remember anything you say tonight”

“If you say so” Eckard said snorting this time as the pretty blonde waitress came back with two beers “I suppose this is where you tell me it’s not that bad right? That it will be over before I know it?”

“Forget about that bullshit” Chief Bryant said reaching into his fatigues and pulling out a pack of cigarettes “It’s all a bunch of shit wrapped up in even worse shit. Sure they do everything to make us comfortable during our tour but it’s still all military all the time”

“So how do you do it?” Eckard asked his ice blue eyes studying the military chief as he leaned back in his chair “How do you get through it?”
Bryant gave a soft smile lighting his cigar and letting a line of smoke curl out of the cigarette.

“Honestly?” He asked taking a deep drag and letting the cigarette dangle between his fingers “I make sure my time between tours is as fulfilling and pleasurable as possible. I go on my boat, I go see my friends, I buy what shit I want, and I started a family. Kid we have a month before we leave use that time to do somethings you couldn’t do in that small town of yours”

The Chief rose nodding at Eckard one more time before turning on his heel. He walked away from the young sailor leaving him alone with his beer as he contemplated his words. The subdued flicking light of the bar left the young sailor half hidden in the shadows. His features were handsome and southern a sort of all American young adult that would have been fighting on a navy recruitment poster. His body was lean and lithe a tan panther of a man with a pointed nose.
He made a motion with one long finger letting he bartender know he wanted another one. He pulled his wallet out with his other hand throwing it onto the table as he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“What am I going to do” Eckard murmured softly to himself as he tipped his head back. His nostrils flared as he breathed in trying to ease his panicked mind.

Last edited:
Rebekah Foley scanned the bar as she walked back in from her break. Part of her regretted picking up this shift tonight. She didn't usually work Thursday nights but Sylvie had begged her to cover her shift so she could go on a date with a "super hot guy." It was always a "super hot guy" that eventually turned out to be not so hot. Still, Rebekah envied Sylvie's ability to score dates and move on to the next guy without looking back. Rebekah had much higher standards.

At least it wasn't very busy tonight. As always, the bar held many familiar faces and a few new ones. One of those new ones caught her eye. He appeared to be having an intense conversation with another man, a bit older. They both appeared to be military. He was attractive but looked more than a little stressed.

She smiled at a couple of regulars sitting at the bar as she joined Janie and Kiana behind it. Rebekah noticed the older gentleman getting up to leave and the younger man motioning for Janie.

"Hey, I got this one." She assured her. "You go take your break." Janie was grateful and thanked her before walking out. Rebekah glanced to see what the guy was drinking and pulled down a bottle.

Then she crossed the room to where the tired, forlorn looking man sat. "Hey there." She said, a bright smile on her face. "You look like you need this." She said, placing the beer in front of him. She brushed her hand at his wallet. "This one's on the house."

He turned his head when he looked at her running a hand through his shaved down brown hair as his blue eyes swept up and down her form. A small smile broke through his dour face lighting up his handsome rounded features and tan skin.

“You have no idea” He said the southern lit in his voice showing off as he wrapped his calloused hand around the beer. He blushed when she mentioned it was on the house and he opened his mouth to argue before deciding against it.

You didn’t say no to a pretty girl offering free beer.

“You’re a waitress, here right?” He asked zeroing in on her name tag “Rebekah, I don’t suppose you get off early and I can repay the favor and buy you a drink?”
He wasn’t planning on staying but would if she said yes. He’d choose spending the night chatting with a pretty girl anytime over going back to the barracks and all the male testosterone it held. Base housing was a premium saved for married men and senior staffing. For the young E1 the only option was to cram himself in with the other new recruits.

“Or is that to forward?” He asked raising an eyebrow at her as he took a sip of his beer.

Rebekah smiled softly at the slight southern drawl and smirked when he addressed her by name. She hadn't expected the invitation, especially not so quickly, but what the hell?

"Well, I don't think I can knock off early, unfortunately." She said, leaning against the booth. "These ladies need me. But tell you what. Why don't you hang around until my shift is over in a couple hours? I'll drop you a few more drinks and you can buy me a burger and a beer to make up for it. I'm always starving after work anyway. What do you think about that?"

She peered at him with a playful smile. "What's your name, anyway?"

“My name?” He said answering her playful smile with one of his own “My name is Eckard, Eckard Smith and I think that sounds mighty fine”

There was a shout at the bar, her name was called as well as a pointed glare from the lead bartender that quite clearly said “get your ass back over here. Eckard let her go chuckling to himself as he watched her leave. His eyes lingered on her ass as she disappeared biting his bottom lip as he contemplated her and took a long pull from the beer she brought.

Now that there was a girl involved Eckard did his best to keep himself moderately sober. He nursed the beer as he waited people watching for the most part. After a while he pulled out a small pocket notebook and placed it on the table. He removed the jacket of his fatigues revealing a simple blue undershirt that stretched out against his pecs and his chest. He began to write as he waited nursing his fresh beer as the hours ticked by and the night grew deeper.

"Bekah!" Kiana yelled out and Rebekah sighed, lifting an arm to signal she was coming. She rolled her eyes a bit and smirked at Eckard.

"Guess I'd better get back. It's a pleasure to meet you Eckard. Enjoy your beer." She gave him another little smile before turning to walk back to the bar.

The rest of her night was filled with an energy she didn't expect to have. She served other customers, playfully but insincerely flirted back with some of the men. In her line of work, she often had men flirt and even ask her out, but of course she'd turn them down. So why had she said yes so quickly to Eckard?

She glanced over at him throughout the night, trying to get a better read on him. She felt drawn, intrigued. Occasionally when she caught his eye, she'd give him a little wave and a smile. When he removed his jacket, she couldn't help but ogle his broad chest and strong arms.

"Girl, who is that?" Kiana asked, coming up behind her when she caught her staring.

"His name is Eckard and I'm gonna find out tonight." She declared with a little laugh.

"Well damn!" Kiana grinned. "Girl, get you some!"

Rebekah blushed and playfully swatted her with the towel she was using to wipe down the bar.

As the end of her shift neared, Rebekah grabbed another beer and brought it over to Eckard.

"Last one." She said, pushing it in front of him. "I'll be off in about 15 minutes. I'll meet you here and we can head out."

Occasionally she would catch his eye and his eyes would track her and watch her. For the first time since back home Eckard felt drawn to a woman and actively interested in her. Boot camp and then his training hadn’t left him much time to think about the opposite sex. The women he met in the military were all business so far and even though they were friendly they were all too busy getting yelled at or studying.

The bar slowly began to empty the people dwindling as they went home. His eyes continued to track her occasionally turning back to his note book and contemplating it. When she came over he tucked it away rising up and grabbing her jacket as she gave him an ETA on when she would be available.

“Sounds good to me” Eckard said sliding his jacket back on but leaving it opened.

He grabbed his camouflage hat and tucked it into his arms moving over to the main bar and leaning on it as he watched her finish up.

Once she came back he stood nodding good night to the other ladies and trying to ignore the looks they gave her. He put his cap back on his head and turned leading her over to the exit and stepping out into the cold night air.

“Where to?” He asked her turning and raising an eyebrow “I’ve only been on base for a week so I don’t know all the good eats yet”

Once her shift was over, Rebekah tossed her apron in her locker in the back. She straightened up her clothing, a pair of snug jeans and a fitted top that showed off her curves, and made sure her hair was neat. She pulled on her jacket, then headed out to meet Eckard.

She told the girls bye, laughing at their teasing, before walking up to the young man. "Ready to go?" She asked with a smile.

"Where to?" He asked, letting her know he hadn't been in the area long enough to know the good places yet.

"Oh, well I have lived here all my life. I can show you around sometime if you'd like." She told him as they walked out the door. "There is an awesome all night burger joint down the road from here. I go there after my late shifts a lot. Do you want to take my car?"

“All your life huh?” He said filing the information for later as he gestured for her to lead the way.

When they reached her car he got the door for her popping it open before coming around and sliding into the passenger side. He rolled down the window as she started the car letting the cool night air hit his face and further chase the lingering buzz out of his system. Once he had his fill he rolled the window back up settling against the seat as she pulled out.

“I don’t know about you but I could kill for a greasy burger” He remarked watching her as she drove.

“So what made me so special?” He asked her leaning in letting his cologne and its spicy scent wash over her “I mean pretty girls don’t often give me a beer on the house. Or spend the end of their shift with me. Did I look that sad over there? Or was there something else?”

"Yup. All of it. Sometimes I think I should get out of this town, but something about it always calls me back." She told him as she pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road.

She glanced over at him. "Hmm..." She replied to his question, as if thinking about it. "Well...you seemed a little stressed, like you might have gotten some hard news, so I figured you could use a freebie or two. And maybe I thought you were cute." She laughed lightly. "But mostly, I know a guy who needs a drink when I see one."

They drove for a little longer before she flipped her blinker, slowing down to turn into the parking lot of the burger joint.

Once they'd been seated, she shrugged out of her jacket, laying it on the seat next to her. "So, Eckard, tell me about yourself and what brought you into my bar tonight." She turned her full attention to the man across the table.

“Was I that obvious?” He asked laughing softly as she sat down. Before he could answer her the waitress came a slightly dour older looking woman with the name Norma on her nametag.

“I’ll have a soda” Eckard said waiting until after his date ordered to order himself “And what she is having”

The waitress nodded and turned moving to handle a few other patrons before taking their order back to the cook. Once they were alone he moved in clearing some of the space of the table.

“I’m just new to all of this” He explained tapping his uniform “I know it probably sounds dumb. I guess I wasn’t expecting to be leaving so soon. I was hoping for some time to prepare is all, or at least enjoy some of the perks of being in the military instead I find out I have a month before I do my first tour six months until I am back”

He frowned at that and sighed leaning back. The waitress came with their drinks and he murmured a quick thank you before taking a sip. The caffeine of the soda helped clear his head rushing away the lingering effects of the alcohol.

Rebekah ordered her usual, a cheddar steak burger with fries, and sat back to listen to Eckard's story. Poor guy sounded like he was getting thrown in with the wolves.

"Oh damn. A month?" She shook her head sympathetically. "I know that's gotta be rough, and scary. Guess you better make the most of it here until you ship out. Do you know where you'll be going?"

She glanced up when the waiter brought their drinks, thanking her quickly to shoo her away.

“Where everyone goes” Eckard said his tone dour and sad “Afghanistan”

“It’s not that I didn’t know what I signed up for” He said quickly as if he felt the need to defend himself “I did and I am proud to serve. I just wasn’t expecting to be so short on time. Between schooling and Boot Camp I feel I haven’t even had the proper time to enjoy being in the military or what it has to offer me.”

The food came causing another long pause as Eckard waited for the waitress to leave. Once she was assured that every one of their needs was taken care of did he speak again this time in between bites of his food. He ate his food slowly almost methodical as he articulated his feelings.

“I guess you could say I am feeling a bit jilted” Eckard said laughing.

"Afghanistan." She repeated. "Woo...they don't start you off easy do they?" She felt for the guy. First time in the military and didn't even get a chance to get his feet wet before they were shipping him off to a seemingly endless war zone.

"I get it." She said, after the waitress had left. "My older brother joined the military in June 2001. Finished bootcamp. Less than a month after that, boom, 9/11 happens. So much for the easy ride, huh?" She took a sip of her drink. "Served 3 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Damn near got his leg blown off by an IED." She sat her drink down. "Shit, I'm sorry. I am not helping am I?" She shook her head. "He's doing great though. Eventually gave up the military life to settle with his wife and 3 kids."

She decided to shut up for a while and eat her food. She wasn't trying to scare the guy any more than he already was.

“It’s okay” Eckard said giving her a small smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes “It’s not the worst story I have heard”

He finished his food and pushed his plate away. His eyes watched her as she ate taking her in as he tried to focus on the here and know and not the future. He made the decision to ignore the future for now to focus on pretty girls and American diners.

“So tell me about yourself” Eckard said sipping his soda “What are you into? What do you like to do when you’re not being the hot bartender?”

Rebekah laughed, blushing lightly at his compliment. "Well, being a hot bartender is basically my life." She told him then shook her head. "Just kidding. I'm just doing that while I'm in school. I am in my senior year at the university in the next town over. I'm studying biology and plan on maybe going to med school soon." She shrugged. "But I'm open to going where life takes me."

She sipped her drink, picking at her food a bit. "Other than that, I love spending time outdoors, connecting with nature, playing games with my friends, traveling and when I get the chance, going caving. Have you ever been caving? It's amazing. What about you? What do you like to do?"

As the evening progressed, the two shared more stories and details about themselves. Where Eckard had seemed down earlier, he seemed to have picked up quite a bit. They talked and laughed for hours, finishing their food and sipping on milkshakes.

Rebekah really enjoyed her time with Eckard. She knew she couldn't get too close to him, considering he would be shipping out soon, but they could have fun, right? What was wrong with showing the guy a good time before he had to leave?

She glanced up at the clock on the wall and was surprised to see how fast time had flown by. It was nearly 3am. "Oh wow." She said, leaning forward. "It's getting late. You are welcome to come back to my place, and watch a movie or something if you aren't tired. But if you need to get back to base, I understand."

Last edited:
His eyes practically jumped out of his head as she told him of her future plans. Med school?! For the small-town kid from South Dakota she might as well have said she was going to be an astronaut. It didn’t seem possible but he was suddenly all the more infatuated with the girl he met in the bar. The spark was still there but now it was tinged with respect and a deep-seated desire to know more about her.

Learn more he did. They talked late into the night swapping stories and history. He lost all track of time and his surroundings as she took up more and more of his interest.

When she mentioned it was Three A.M he blinked. He glanced up his eyes taking in the time as disappointment crossed his face. The disappointment was fleeting turning quickly into happiness and interest as she mentioned coming back.

“I would love that” He said reaching into his fatigues and pulling out a few crumpled bills. He placed them down and rose helping her out before waving good bye to the waitress.

“Shall we?” He asked opening the door for her and walking out with her. He moved to her car opening the door for her and closing it once she was in. He moved to the passenger side sliding in and buckling up.

Rebekah couldn't hide her grin when Eckard agreed to go back to her place. She wasn't ready to end her time with him yet! She thanked him for covering the meal as she pulled on her jacket and led him to her car.

He was quite a gentleman too, opening doors for her. She was fiercely independent and wasn't used to such things, but she let it slide with a simple thank you.

She pulled out from the restaurant and into the night. Normally she'd be in bed by now, but she wasn't anywhere near tired. They chatted a bit more on the drive to her place and it wasn't long before they pulled into the lot of her apt complex.

Rebekah lived in a one bedroom apartment with her dog, a fluffy pomeranian named Edgar. The dog greeted her as soon as the door opened. The dog accepted her brief ruffling of his fur, but eyed Eckard suspiciously. She laughed. "It's ok, Eddie. He's a friend." She said, turning to Eckard. "This is Edgar. He can be a bit wary of strangers til he gets to know you."

She tossed her jacket on the couch, indicating Eckard could do the same. Then she gave him a brief tour of the small apt. It was well furnished and decorated, despite its size. Artwork and photos dotted the walls. She'd made the place a reflection of her personality. They ended the tour back in the kitchen. "Can I get you a drink?" She asked, leaning over the bar toward him. "I've got soda and a bit of whiskey. You up for a Jack and Coke?"

They continued to talk on the ride over about anything and everything that seemed to pop into his or her mind. Again Eckard marveled at the girl unable to stop himself from becoming enamored with her wit and interest in all subjects. By the time they reached her place Eckard followed her like a love-sick puppy and his mind raced with the idea of what would happen when they were alone.
The tour of the apartment was spent with him eyeing her back side in between trying to get the dog to relax. Luckily he was a dog person and within a matter of minutes he had established himself as a friend and a giver of loving pets. When she went to the bar he moved to join her shrugging off his fatigue and tossing it aside. He slid into the bar stool as she worked and nodded his head when she offered to make him a jack and coke.

“After that I’m tapped out though” He told her the effects of the lingering alcohol from the bar still in his system “I would hate to pass out on you. Uh while the movie plays that is”

He blushed and looked down trying to let his embarrassment die down. There seemed to be a certain implication in the air that they would be hooking up tonight. The thought both excited him and made him more than a little nervous. The idea of this being JUST a hook up wasn’t ideal to him. He was hoping for something more and didn’t mind telling her that if and when it became warranted.

“Thank you” He said taking the drink from her and taking a slow sip. His eyes watched her move his tongue flicking out over his bottom lip. He cleared his throat and stood gesturing at the couch.

“I believe you said something about a movie?”

Rebekah chatted with the man across the counter as she prepared their drinks. She thought she caught him checking her out a few times and smiled to herself. There were definite flirtatious vibes in the air. She pushed his drink across the counter to him, their fingers brushing lightly as he took the drink. "How does it feel having you're own personal bartender?" She asked with a small wink.

"Sure thing." She nodded, when he mentioned the movie. She took her glass, walking around the bar, and led the way to the couch. She sat on the left most spot and patted the center cushion next to her. "Have a seat."

When he sat, she adjusted in her own seat, so that their thighs touched and she leaned against him slightly. She flicked on the tv, pulling up Netflix on her console. "Your choice. What kind of movies are you into?"

“Well as a first time thing I can’t complain” He said sipping his drink and responding to her comment. He took his drink and walked with her to the couch his eyes ranking her in with pleasure. He still wasn’t sure how they got here, how moping in a bar managed to land him such a sweet attractive girl. Everything about her was just so open and warm drawing him in like never before.

They moved to the couch and he sat down. She adjusted for him and within seconds their thighs were lightly touching and she was leaning into him. He wrapped his arm around her taking the remote and struggling to find something if anything to watch.

“Im crap at picking” He said laughing “Especially when I am this distracted… how about you pick and we go from there?”

He handed the remote back to her and settled in watching the tv. Well he half watched it and actually spent most of his time sneaking peeks at her and wondering when it was acceptable to move in and kiss her. He was still new to this dating thing and since this wasn’t TECHNICALY a date he was unsure of how to proceed. Eventually he settled for placing his hand on her thigh rubbing the skin and slowly kneading it as the movie played.

She settled into him as his arm moved around her shoulders. This felt...right. She seemed to fit so perfectly in his arms, warm and comfortable. She giggled when he mentioned he was too distracted to pick something to watch.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was so distracting." She teased, leaning into him a bit more, so that their thighs pressed more closely together.

She clicked through and found a light hearted movie to watch. Her mind wasn't on the movie either though. And when his hand found her thigh, she felt her skin tingle. Why did such a little touch send such a thrill through her body.

She placed her hand over his, encouraging the touch. After a minute, she shifted, leaning toward him. "You know..." She said softly, her breath warm against his neck. "I don't think I am really into this movie." Her eyes lifted to his. "Are you?"

He groaned when he felt her breath biting his lip as a shiver ran down his spine. He arched into her mouth when she spoke and with a turn of his head gave her the burning smoldering look of his desire.

“No Ma’am” He said softly leaning in and pulling her closer “Not even remotely”

He couldn’t wait anymore! Without a moment’s hesitation, his lips went on hers. He kissed her passionately his tongue flicking into her mouth as his hand gripped the small of her back. He made out with her heavily their bodies pressing closer and closer together as his hand found its way down to her ass.

Rebekah shuddered when he answered, "No ma'am." Why was that so sexy? She leaned into him, and then his lips were on hers. Not a soft, sweet tentative first kiss, but a deep, hot, hungry one. And damn if he wasn't an excellent kisser. Their lips molded together, and soon their tongues met as the kiss deepened.

She pressed closer to him and when his hands moved to her hips, down over her ass, she shifted until she was straddling his lap, facing him. Her hair, dark and wavy, fell down around both their faces as they kissed. Her arms wrapped around his neck, her knees on either side of his hips.

She broke the kiss, breathing heavily. She watched him for a moment, eyes burning with desire, neither of them speaking. Then, in one swift move, she pulled her shirt over her head, revealing ample, rounded breasts covered in a simple black bra. Then she leaned her head in for another hot kiss.

When she lifted her shirt up and exposed her chest he moaned. His eyes raked in her body delighting in the way her body curved and was shown off. His tongue flicked out against his bottom lip wetting them as he moved in for another deep searing kiss. His hands slid down the curves of her side before firmly grabbing her hips and pulling on her until she was half straddling him. He continued to kiss and touch her body feeling her breast through her bra before finally reaching behind and unclasping them.

By then he was ready for more. His cock was straining through his fatigues trying in vein to get out. He pulled away from her grabbing his belt and undoing it as he looked at her with pleading eyes.

“Bed now” He said panting pushing his pants down his form. They dropped revealing a part of tight navy-blue boxers with a hard sizable bulge tenting through. He followed her to the bed nipping and kissing her back as they moved down the hallway.

Back