R.I.P. the Flat Sheet?

I worry for the future. The proper way to make a bed is mattress, mattress cover, fitted sheet (although I will concede to the use of a properly tucked in flat sheet), top sheet (flat for the purposes of this thread), warm cover - blanket, duvet, dogs, whatever floats your boat. Flat sheets are what separate us from the wolves. Not everyone can have an opposable thumb, but everyone can use the top sheet. Monsters.

I thought it went...

  1. Mattress
  2. Mattress cover
  3. Fitted Sheet
  4. Boyfriend's Hoodie
  5. Flat Sheet
  6. Blanket
  7. Pet
 
I thought it went...

  1. Mattress
  2. Mattress cover
  3. Fitted Sheet
  4. Boyfriend's Hoodie
  5. Flat Sheet
  6. Blanket
  7. Pet

I see that like me you prefer to keep the thermostat at just above frozen pipes.

I stand corrected, ... fitted sheet, boyfriend's hoodie/toque/slippers/sweater/extra pjs, flat sheet...
 
The toque has to have those tassels on the bottom as well.
 
I sleep on a flat sheet. Really not sure what happened to the fitted sheet that matches it. Yah, it's a pain and bunches up at times. :rolleyes:
 
Is the flat sheet becoming extinct?

Are people still using it?


I actually hope they don’t go extinct because I use them for couch covers 🤷*♀️

Definitely not into using them for their intended purpose. Strikes me as pointless.
 
I love the flat sheet on top. Sometimes I get hot at night and I will push the comforter back and use the sheet. Plus, the real purpose of the sheet is to keep your comforter/blanket clean longer. Its easy to just throw a sheet in the washing machine. I agree with Generic chick, this what separates us from animals!!
 
Anybody else have a large fluffy pillow they keep under the top sheet to hug at night when alone, or am I just weird?
 
Happy to report since I posted last I have new sheets and once again have a fitted and flat sheet on the bed. :rose:
 
About an hour ago my wife came running in excitedly telling me she had found a shop selling flat sheets.
 
I worry for the future. The proper way to make a bed is mattress, mattress cover, fitted sheet (although I will concede to the use of a properly tucked in flat sheet), top sheet (flat for the purposes of this thread), warm cover - blanket, duvet, dogs, whatever floats your boat. Flat sheets are what separate us from the wolves. Not everyone can have an opposable thumb, but everyone can use the top sheet. Monsters.

I think I've found my soul mate.

Also, if you don't have a top sheet, you have to wash the duvet cover every week (or two), which means putting a whole new cover on it. It's much easier to wash the sheets. And washing your duvet cover lots wears it out - I search high and low for the duvet covers I like. They need to last.
 
daily_picdump-36-13.jpg
 
Back
Top