Tattoo preparation

HeavyStick

Anti-M 0derator
I'm getting a chest piece across both pecs.

I've read pros and cons about getting my chest hair waxed the day of and the day before.

Some have also said to let the artist shave it the day of.

Who has has tat work on hairy parts of their body and what worked best?

Thanks

That is fucking terrifying. I've been blessed with nearly hairless genetics. I never thought about that for any of my tats. Good luck.

Waxing is not so good if you haven't already been waxing for a while. Ingrown hairs and tattoos are hell.

Allow the Tattooist to do it just before. I don't have hair on my chest being a girl but I love tattoos and do have one.
I wouldn't wax or shave the day before even if you do the tattooist will do it again. Also it doesn't hurt as much as people say just feels like wicked sunburn after. Hope all gos well! And post pics.

Don't wax the day before/day of, it irritates the skin too much. If you're going to try waxing, it needs to be done the week(ish) before.

Speak to your artist. You will find that most will take care of hair removal by shaving the areas they're working on that day. Find out what they'd prefer, though, and any guidance they have.

Have fun :)

They are all right, don't wax before. I get why someone would recommend that, the hair grows back slower than when you shave and it would itch less but you are irritating skin that shouldn't be irritated.

If you want to trim it down before they shave you, you can do that. Just stay above skin level.

I am sure your new Hello Kitty! tat on your ass is going to look just fine.

Just. Fine.

I'm getting a chest piece across both pecs.

I've read pros and cons about getting my chest hair waxed the day of and the day before.

Some have also said to let the artist shave it the day of.

Who has has tat work on hairy parts of their body and what worked best?

Thanks

The whole deal sounds kind of faggy to me.

just keep on being a silly douchebag and everything will work out great for you.

People still get tattoos? I'm glad my grandma didn't have tattoos, but then, she wasn't a sailor.

They are all right, don't wax before. I get why someone would recommend that, the hair grows back slower than when you shave and it would itch less but you are irritating skin that shouldn't be irritated.

If you want to trim it down before they shave you, you can do that. Just stay above skin level.

nailed-it_o_201328.jpg

Back