Okay, so what's your worst work on lit?

First person is a love it or hate it point of view for many writers. Personally, I like first person, but for me, it's a "safe" way to tell a story. I feel no obligation to describe the story from anyone else's point of view other than that of the main character. I also feel it's very intimate. But it can get tedious to find ways of starting sentences without "I . . ."

Agreed. I generally take a pass with any story that starts out with "I."

I truly regret ever writing my story "Caught." I did it for a fan who requested it. I saw two other stories later that this fan had asked writers to write for her(him?). I will never write for a specific fan again.

Due to its grammar this is one of my worst. It also has a low rating.

http://www.literotica.com/s/vicinity

I gave it 5 stars. Work on the punctuation. But its better than plenty of high scorers I know of.

I gave 5 stars becuz: its easy to read, the prose flows (that means the grammar etc are prolly okay), and its interesting.

Polish it a little, and its a winner.

This one's easy. The five part story "Old Flame, New Game," was a mistake from start to finish. I originally wrote it at the request of a specific person. I made a few changes and posted it while I was in the middle of writing a longer piece for Lit. I should have kept in my e-drive. I couldn't even think of a decent title for it. The lame choice I made was the best of several bad ideas my editor supplied. As soon as I get a few more pieces up, this one is going down.

I gave it 5 stars. Work on the punctuation. But its better than plenty of high scorers I know of.

I gave 5 stars becuz: its easy to read, the prose flows (that means the grammar etc are prolly okay), and its interesting.

Polish it a little, and its a winner.

Thanks, I appreciated the vote and that comment. :rose:

I truly regret ever writing my story "Caught." I did it for a fan who requested it. I saw two other stories later that this fan had asked writers to write for her(him?). I will never write for a specific fan again.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What was the problem? That the fan asked others to write the same story?

My worst score is on House of Three. I violated the unwritten rule that no woman shall submit a story in Loving Wives that includes a wife having sex with anyone but her husband. Nuff said.

My worst story is actually Switch Play. It was written for a particular reader.
Ack! Hairball.

Reading some of the other comments, I am sensing a pattern. Writing for someone else does not produce the best work.

Let's see now:

Eugene

I wanted to see if i could write a murder/suicide. I think I succeeded if the score is any indication.

Football Season

My first try at LW's. A complete flop because it had already been done to death.

So Smart

I wanted to see if I could make people feel sorry for a computer. The score yo-yos up and down regularly. So I guess it was a love/hate relationship.

The Promiscuous Wife

A fun write that the LW crowd hated for obvious reasons.

The list could go on but why inflict more pain on people. :eek:

Reading some of the other comments, I am sensing a pattern. Writing for someone else does not produce the best work.

I don't know, I did okay with Anniversary to Remember which I plucked out of the story ideas section.

All the guy said was he wanted a story about twins and to m him for specifics.

I did and here were his specifics.

Twins named Paul and Dawn, I think maybe the brother saved the sisters life at some point.

So I came up with a story and it did fairly well, when the guy e-mail me however, I could not help but notice his name was Paul. I am fairly certain my boy has a sister named Dawn somewhere that may have a striking resemblance to him:D

Probably depends on a few factors. I thought my story written for someone else, Island Encounter, turned out pretty well. It's one of my lower-rated, but that always seems to happen when I write one that's just about the sex. :rolleyes:

Probably depends on a few factors. I thought my story written for someone else, Island Encounter, turned out pretty well. It's one of my lower-rated, but that always seems to happen when I write one that's just about the sex. :rolleyes:

Because you have set higher standards for your readers, the price of being a good writer here vs, just a good stroke writer.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What was the problem? That the fan asked others to write the same story?

No that wasn't the problem. I figured the fan didn't like what I wrote and asked others to write. It's just one of those stories I wasn't pleased with. I felt I forced the story and therefore ended up with a turd.

No that wasn't the problem. I figured the fan didn't like what I wrote and asked others to write. It's just one of those stories I wasn't pleased with. I felt I forced the story and therefore ended up with a turd.

Oh, I wouldn't take that personally. Sorry you didn't like the story, though.

I don't think I've ever really not liked one of my stories. There are some I think could be better, but if I really didn't like it, I don't think I'd post it.

Hm, most of my earlier stories look pretty crappy to me now. If I had to pick one, I guess I'd pick "Adam and Eve," though.

Back