Musketeer Immortal (closed)

Porthos reached for a roll and broke it in half, he eyed his brother-in-arms and took a bite, chewing it leisurely, "Expose him? You want to show the authorities his plans and hope they manage to do the right thing, hoping that Katherine will not receive any retribution?"

He took a swallow of his wine, "I say that once we have the proof we need, we remove him from the mortal coil and surrender his nefarious deeds to the investigators. Prove we acted in the goodwill of the country and the state. We are after all the last musketeers."
 
Athos calmly spoke again. You did not fully hear past her returning to his side if even briefly brother I said we expose and end him... We end him. Yes we are Musketeers not however murderers. His crimes the world will know at least the world we are all a part of. Those more than mortal will know.

Aramis looking to Celeste and Katerina with a chuckle.

Careful what you wish for of all three of us under the same roof. We are brothers in every sense of the word save for mortal birth... And...

And...

Celeste piped up.

Will eternally sqwabble like children over matters of great importance or who drank more than the others.

She laughed and patted the young woman on the shoulder as she stood by listening.
 
Porthos gave a small smirk, "At least we are on the same page. I just hope we manage to move against him fast enough."

Before he hurt Katherine. The words went unspoken, but everybody knew.

Porthos playfully banged a fist on the table, "Complaining about drinking and eating, all I have done so far is squabble and drink. I say we eat, then retire. It will be a long day in the morrow."
 
I am very used to his anger Porthos. It will be nothing new to endure it for a few more days.

Katerina spoke up as she smiled reassuring to him.

Celeste and Aramis we're already bringing the food to the table but even he hissed at her words.
 
Porthos nodded

"Exactly and that is the attitude she's been exuding all the time. Worry not about me, I have suffered him until now, I can suffer him some more."

He gave Katherine a grim smile

"But we do not like nor condone these actions of that cowardly man. Who wishes to kill without being involved, who wishes to rule through fear and always have his way."

Porthos settled back into his seat

"At least your suffering at the hands of his lap dog will not happen anymore."
 
Athos raised a brow at that.

Correct my memory but you spoke nothing of harm from the immortal? Just your fear of him for sending your magics forcing you to truly harm the enemies of the coward mortal.

She nodded.

He merely scared me but for not wishing to strike but he was never allowed.
 
"And what dear brother is the worst? To live in fear of punishment or pain? Or to actually receive punishment and pain?"

Porthos took a drink of his wine

"To never know if and when the blow will strike. That is the worst."
 
Enough.

Aramis spoke up.

Both of you forget one thing. It is her decision not ours how she aids us. Not your temper Athos nor your heart Porthos but her decision. And I suspect she can be far more stubborn than even Celeste. Let us plan but do not bring darkness over our reunion and our dear guests night of peace and calm.

He stood and unrolled a map.

I will watch over both properties from the rooftops tonight. The sisters hunt as we already know so she is safe here tonight. Athos I will awaken you just before Dawn.

Athos grumbled their brother was right none of them would sway her she knew what she had to do and like it or not so did they without causing far more trouble than was necessary.

Fine. Wine then and let us ajourn to the old den.
 
Porthos laughed

"I wouldn't dream of trying to change a woman's mind when it is made up."

He refilled his cup and snagged a slice of the duck and a piece of bread.

"Yes yes you stay awake, we sleep, you sleep we go about the business of saving the world. Enough talk. Celeste slaved over that hot fire for this tender..."

He took a bite, "Juicy...soft...what on Earth did you do to the duck Celeste? I haven't tasted food this good since the King's banquets."
 
Celeste just smiled as they mostly all began to eat. She leaned down to Porthos ear.

Personally I don't like our young guests decision either. Perhaps the arrogant Lord will be stupid and the sisters will end him this night. I doubt it but it would be nice.

Aramis raised a brow. He of course agreed with them and did not want to see his brother hurting with worry till they could end this human but what must be done was follow the rules of this modern time mot the ways of their day.
 
Porthos grunted non-commitically, he preferred to let the other two do the planning. He had said his piece and he found his gaze constantly wavering towards Katherine, which in turn caused him to indulge in more wine.

When the meal finished, Porthos helped Celeste with the dishes as she showed Katherine to a room. Porthos had a last drink, returning the special brandy to his room and drop onto his bed after stripping off his weapons.

"You can be a stupid ass when you want to be."

He smiled to himself, but she was so beautiful.
 
Athos read for a time still mulling over the targets of this mortal madman. Celeste retired to her room as well slowly letting sleep take over her mind. Katerina slept deep knowing she was safe for a night.

Aramis took to the rooftops guarding and hunting. He watched the house the mortal had bought. The air flooded with rage and... Fear. He smirked at that.
 
"Are you awake Porthos?"

He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at Katherine as she stood in the doorway. His chest felt constricted as she walked towards his bed. She wore a short night gown, he didn't know where Celeste had gotten something this short and revealing.

He sat up and swung his legs from the bed, "I am awake."

"Good."

She straddled his lap and her lips locked with his own, he encircled her with his arms and drew her close, enjoying the sweet taste of her mouth as they kissed hungrily.

Her nails dug into his shoulders as she ground into his lap, he could feel his excitement growing from her body against his, her taste and smell.

Porthos came awake with a start, sitting upright in his bed. He breathed a sigh and fell back against the cushions.

"I need a drink."
 
She didn't sleep long or at least it didn't seem to be long story all before before a nightmare graced her mind. At first her struggling was deep within her sleep clawing and struggling for air and freedom against the almost crushing strength of Lord Damon's hand at her throat. Then the nightmare shifting and her trapped in his grip her back to his chest as she was forced to watch the immortal Vanden kill each of them ending with Porthos. She awoke screaming for him.

PORTHOS!!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Porthos was in the kitchen, drinking a cup of water. He knew that wine would have been better, something stronger the best. But the water was there, it was wet and cold and . . .

"PORTHOS!!!!!!!"

He dropped the cup and ran as fast as he could for the room from where his name had been called out. He had grabbed up the nearest weapon, which was a knife. He burst into Katerine's room, ready to attack any stranger, his teeth bared in a silent snarl of anger.
 
Athos was also in step behind his brother hearing her screaming. She sat there shaking balled up on the bed her eyes staring miles past nothing whimpering no over and over again.
 
Porthos paused and looked around, relaxing as he saw there was no direct danger to Katherine. He slowly approached the bed, waving Athos away. He carefully sat down close to Katherine and took her hand in his. "It was only a bad dream, I am here."
 
She recoiled at first till his voice sank into her mind. Lashing out quickly to hug him her eyes opening to stare into his.

They had killed all of you...

She hugged him tight.

Even though he is dead they both killed all of you... because of me
 
He held her close to him, feeling her body tremble. He ran his hand over her hair, looking into her eyes.

"It was just a dream, he can not come back, it is just impossible for him to do that."

He drew her close to him, smelling the scent of her hair in his nostrils, "It is alright now, I am here."
 
She curled close feeling safe in his embrace. Slowly the calm and peace easing her back to that sleepy state her body shifting a little more to snuggle there with him.

Just a dream

She mumbled smiling

Safe... with Porthos
 
He kept stroking her hair, "Yes you are safe here with me."

He also could not deny that her bare skin against his was doing much more to him than making him want to calm her.
 
She snuggled close her eyes half lidded with feelings of safety and comfort.

Stay here... please...

She had to make sure he would be alright
 
"Yes . . . yes I will stay with you. Keep you safe."

The silk of her hair under his hand, the velvet feel as the strands slid through his fingers, the touch of her skin against his own. He would be hard pressed right then to be convinced to leave her side or even to allow her to slip from his grasp.
 
She curled up with him feeling safe and glad to know he was safe and alive as well her dream having felt so real.

She without thought kissed his cheek as she slowly tried to fall back to sleep
 
Her warm breath upon his skin and her soft lips against his cheek were what one could describe as perfection. He ran his fingers softly over her hair, listening to her as she started to fall asleep again, wondering if her dreams would allow her sleep
 
Back
Top