Software and PF&D

Senna Jawa

Literotica Guru
In the early days of this board, our first software guru at PF&D was JUDO. Then for a long time it was Lauren Hynde. Right now I am not sure. I hope that bronzeage is one for the task, especially on the (hi)story project end--the other end is the Literotica's software.

The team can use one of the wiki engines. Wiki engines are free. Some of the contents of wiki would be for the team only. And there would be the public face of the wiki, available to the public. The team would have higher level passwords, while the wiki would be read only. Only the team would have an access to the working part of wiki, including the work in progress. (A public part of wiki can be open just for comments--knowing how hostile is a part of Literotica and Internet public, it would be only a small portion of wiki, strictly separated from the main bulk of it).

Here let me mention that wikipedia (as well as poewiki.org) has tables for which you--the user (the reader) may select the primary and secondary field, and to sort the table according to these fields. Very nice! This is the step toward the future. Every user can change the sorting of a table any number of times, independently from the other users.

Anyway, the wiki engine allows a smooth team cooperation. It also has the wiki-history feature. (The team's internal material should be separated from the output for the public, and should have their separate wiki-histories, it goes without saying)

Last edited:
In the early days of this board, our first software guru at PF&D was JUDO. Then for a long time it was Lauren Hynde. Right now I am not sure. I hope that bronzeage is one for the task, especially on the (hi)story project end--the other end is the Literotica's software.

The team can use one of the wiki engines. Wiki engines are free. Some of the contents of wiki would be for the team only. And there would be the public face of the wiki, available to the public. The team would have higher level passwords, while the wiki would be read only. Only the team would have an access to the working part of wiki, including the work in progress. (A public part of wiki can be open just for comments--knowing how hostile is a part of Literotica and Internet public, it would be only a small portion of wiki, strictly separated from the main bulk of it).

Here let me mention that wikipedia (as well as poewiki.org) has tables for which you--the user (the reader) may select the primary and secondary field, and to sort the table according to these fields. Very nice! This is the step toward the future. Every user can change the sorting of a table any number of times, independently from the other users.

Anyway, the wiki engine allows a smooth team cooperation. It also has the wiki-history feature. (The team's internal material should be separated from the output for the public, and should have their separate wiki-histories, it goes without saying)

That defies the whole philosophy of a wiki. Higher level passwords and "read only" wikies, my arse.
That is to suit the purposes of an elit only.
A wiki should contain only 2ndary research material and should be renewable by any user who cares to participate by changing any opinion on any of its articles.
Sounds increasingly like a coup d' eta by you, Seena, and whoever else cares to joint you, and I don't mean any offense, but that is how it looks to me at present.
I mean, it stinks, man, what is behind all this? Come out with it or else write a book on literotica's history based on your primary research, submit it to an audience's criticism and have done.
Either this is a democratic forum for peers or it is your forum. Which is it?

Last edited:
That defies the whole philosophy of a wiki. Higher level passwords and "read only" wikies, my arse.
That is to suit the purposes of an elit only.
A wiki should contain only 2ndary research material and should be renewable by any user who cares to participate by changing any opinion on any of its articles.

ok. That was sexy.

That defies the whole philosophy of a wiki.
Let me make two simple, BASIC points:

-- 1 --​

The goal of the PF&D (hi)story project is just this. And the project should use the best possible software tools. Perhaps today the best software helpful tool is a wiki engine. (The goal of PF&D (hi)story project is not to promote the wiki idea. I would even prefer daba to wiki engine but daba doesn't exist except as my idea.)

-- 2 --​

This is a free world, and especially Internet is so. Anybody can create a related, even competing project. If you like then go ahead, start your wiki project along the wiki philosophy.

Higher <...>, my arse. <...>
Sounds increasingly like a coup d' eta by you, Seena, <...> Either this is a democratic forum for peers or it is your forum. Which is it?

Two more basic points:

-- A --​

Pelegrino, you may use rude language like "my arse" in conversations with some other rude participants, or who agree to rude treatment. You will not do it in our conversations, or I will simply ignore you for good.

-- B --​

Pelegrino, it's the second time that you are making baseless allegations. The other time you accused me of being prejudiced against Greeks. This time about some Lit-political nonsense. That's ugly. I already said that I am not going to be on Angeline's team. Consequently, I don't want any formal credit, I don't want to be listed as having any position... just nothing, period. I may be a 100% discreet consultant, and anybody can. But I don't want any acknowledgement of my possible cooperation. Shame on you for saying what you did.

Pelegrino, don't apologize (if at all). Just make sure that you will not rub it in, that you will not add insult to injury like a representative and one of those low class hypocritical and rude, lying their head off characters who together with all of their siblings combine for an impressive IQ of a total of 150 points.

Last edited:
Nice boundary setting.

Senna said:
Pelegrino, you may use rude language like "my arse" in conversations with some other rude participants, or who agree to rude treatment. You will not do it in our conversations, or I will simply ignore you for good.

Popcorn for sale in the lobby.

Ok, Seena, have it your way, go ahead, I will not bother you, and if I like the first results that I see and it is in my hand, I will support this project.
You can have your ideas about wiki etc. Mine are different. Since you say that this project's goal is different than a wiki's that is fine, at least the definition is clear as to the difference, but still confusing to me as to what it actually is.
As for baseless allegations, they were not allegations, only a statement of opinion. I said "looks increasingly", I didn't say it's definitely so. I said "that's how it looks to me at present".
However, if you took it as such, I take it back, I'm not here to make accusations against anybody, but can you not accept that a person like me can be suspicious of this project's, established by now, non-wiki exclusive nature?
You may call it "political nonsense" but I don't see how you can avoid it. (not from me necessarily but from others whom you have already painted nicely in your last paragraph).
Sorry, if I sounded rude, (I think you are more touchy than I expected been an old timer in this site),I did not mean to be rude. I used a colloquialism, that's all, if it's such a big deal to you, I will not use that language in your threads. (but only in them).
I respect you too much as a poet, but I don’t know what else to make of you.

Playcatch, if you think this is a public show you are right. It is a public forum, but the matter at hand and any controversy arising from it to me is very natural, as I took it seriously from the beginning.
If you wish to be the pop corn seller in it you are welcome.

I am not a software person. I am more of a hardware person, in the sense of hinges, latches, nails, screws and other various fasteners.

[...] if I like the first results that I see and it is in my hand, I will support this project.
Sounds great!

You can have your ideas about wiki etc. Mine are different.
I don't think that we have any essential differences about our understanding of wiki. There is a notion of a wiki project, and there is also wiki engine. Wiki engine happens to have a number of nice features which can be very helpful also for non-wiki projects.

(Here I would compare the situation with the BMW car + its engine, which can be used separately in a shop, but... but bronzeage knows too much about cars so I better refrain from such analogies).

[...] still confusing to me as to what it actually is.
(Hi)story should have encyclopedic facts (including several lists, e.g. of long threads) and trivia, but not junk. However the main thing would be to emphasize poetry. Percentage wise there will be not too much of it, but in the absolute numbers quite a bit. Once I get the first lists going I will zero on poems (I already looked into RisiaSky, I'll go back to Svenskaflicka, etc.).

[...] can you not accept that a person like me can be suspicious [...]
One may talk about suspicions privately, while to stick to facts in public, I'd think.
You may call it "political nonsense" but I don't see how you can avoid it. (not from me necessarily but from others whom you have already painted nicely in your last paragraph).
Too much philosophy for me. I cannot sustain consistently the effort of being on the PF&D (hi)story team. I welcome other good-natured and capable people to meet the challenge. And I don't even want to be credited or mentioned in any official way, period, I mean it. And about the small stinky cockroach dogs? I am sorry to step on them, it just happens.
I respect you too much as a poet, but I don’t know what else to make of you.
You'll have to decide by yourself, if it is important at all.( It'd be nice if people who know so little would talk no more than they do).

Best regards,

Last edited:
Back