Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-10-2018, 05:23 AM   #26
lovecraft68
Literotica Guru
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 33,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Just when I need a real pilot!!!!! No consideration, I tell you. None! Cruises. Schmoozes. Doesn't he know I'm writing a story and there's a faint possibility I might need him for help. And he goes on holiday!!!!! Unforgivable! SR71. Apache. No diff. They fly, right? LOL.

And I miss Noir too. Sob!
I heard this guys available.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (20.7 KB, 0 views)
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 07:27 AM   #27
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru
 
ChloeTzang's Avatar
 
ChloeTzang is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nope, ain't telling..., USA
Posts: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonnights View Post
Chloe, You can fake it I'm sure...Probably just need to give the reader a hint to get the right feel and all. Here's something that I'm confident will work on any aviation story: As we rushed to get into the air and finish this once and for all, my faithful co-pilot pulled on his goggles, and wrapped his lucky scarf tight before giving the prop one good pull to get us started...the engine popped, sputtered and roared to life as I waited for him to hop on-board for this fateful mission...and, I waited...and, waited...and I...

Wait! Did you say Apache? Is this a western you're writing? No problem, I'm sure that can be faked too
Apache? Western? Nooooooooo altho I do like Louis L'Amour Novels.

This kind of Apache......

Sorry about the size, haven't done a thumb of it yet.

__________________
Chloe Tzang
And coming soon for the 2018 Literotica Halloween competition - "Daddy's Hands"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #28
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.
 
Zeb_Carter's Avatar
 
Zeb_Carter is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a state...
Posts: 16,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Apache? Western? Nooooooooo altho I do like Louis L'Amour Novels.

This kind of Apache......

Sorry about the size, haven't done a thumb of it yet.

Airplanes one stick two pedals. Helicopters two sticks two pedals. A lot of difference in flying them. If pilot was really an SR-71 pilot he wouldn't know how to fly a helicopter. He might pick it up quicker than someone who had never flown, but he would know nothing about them if he hasn't.

Fixed wing and rotatory wing flying craft are two completely different aircraft to fly.

So I've heard.

ETA: Oh, Nice cover.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #29
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru
 
ChloeTzang's Avatar
 
ChloeTzang is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nope, ain't telling..., USA
Posts: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
Airplanes one stick two pedals. Helicopters two sticks two pedals. A lot of difference in flying them. If pilot was really an SR-71 pilot he wouldn't know how to fly a helicopter. He might pick it up quicker than someone who had never flown, but he would know nothing about them if he hasn't.

Fixed wing and rotatory wing flying craft are two completely different aircraft to fly.

So I've heard.

ETA: Oh, Nice cover.
Thx Zeb, glad you like the cover. Never been in a helicopter, my knowledge is theoretical but I now have two books on AH64 Apaches and a third enroute. So I plan some real Apache stuff in this one. Love the research.

And yeah, that comment about Pilot was very tongue in cheek. One of my readers flies birds and he's going to review the bird bits whether he knows it or not. The price he pays for emailing me. Lol.
__________________
Chloe Tzang
And coming soon for the 2018 Literotica Halloween competition - "Daddy's Hands"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #30
oggbashan
Ancient writer
 
oggbashan's Avatar
 
oggbashan is offline
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Facing the sea.
Posts: 40,033
I've been in helicopters, fighter planes, bombers and unpressurised airliners that had to fly around mountains. I've been catapulted from an aircraft carrier. I've sat in the pilot's seat of Spitfires, Hurricanes and other 1940s and 50s fighting planes - on the ground.

Any kid who has played with flight simulators knows far more than I do about flying.

Back on thread topic. Someone has translated a couple of my stories into literate Czech. Why?
__________________


My Halloween Contest entries:

https://www.literotica.com/s/ghost-heels
https://www.literotica.com/s/laying-the-ghosts-of-war


Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few


electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #31
RejectReality
Literotica Guru
 
RejectReality's Avatar
 
RejectReality is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Alternate Reality
Posts: 2,266
A couple of things to dial up the readability of the text at a glance on the cover:

I would move your byline down and to the right, placing the whole of the text against the backdrop of the mountains. It fades into the background a little where the left side is over the sky. Keeping it above the field in the bottom corner should keep the contrast between those two terrains from messing with the viewer's eyes.

Either that, or just give the whole byline a black outline a pixel or two wide. That will eliminate the fading problem over the sky.

The title gets a little lost in the detail of the chopper. It's almost big and bright enough to compete with the image, but not quite.

I would probably add a semi-transparent outer glow to the title. That would provide enough blurring of the image immediately surrounding the words to dial up the contrast to where you need it.

"Gold" actually stands out just fine, due to the fairly uniform shadows underneath the chopper. It's "Fields of" that gets lost due to touching the sky in the upper left of the F, and the detail + light and shadow graduations of the image behind that part of the title.

May have to add a black outline to the title to keep it from fading into the glow, though.

Cranking up that contrast will also make the title and byline more visible when you shrink it down for a thumbnail.
__________________




Alt for Darkniciad ^--Website

Coming In Third

05/15/18
*
Smooth Operator

05/21/18
*
Her Own Skin

07/05/18
*
Fill 'Er Up

07/06/18
*
Hooters

07/18/18
*
Her Flock Trilogy

08/21/18


Last edited by RejectReality : 01-10-2018 at 03:52 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #32
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru
 
ChloeTzang's Avatar
 
ChloeTzang is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nope, ain't telling..., USA
Posts: 4,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by RejectReality View Post
A couple of things to dial up the readability of the text at a glance on the cover:

I would move your byline down and to the right, placing the whole of the text against the backdrop of the mountains. It fades into the background a little where the left side is over the sky. Keeping it above the field in the bottom corner should keep the contrast between those two terrains from messing with the viewer's eyes.

Either that, or just give the whole byline a black outline a pixel or two wide. That will eliminate the fading problem over the sky.

The title gets a little lost in the detail of the chopper. It's almost big and bright enough to compete with the image, but not quite.

I would probably add a semi-transparent outer glow to the title. That would provide enough blurring of the image immediately surrounding the words to dial up the contrast to where you need it.

"Gold" actually stands out just fine, due to the fairly uniform shadows underneath the chopper. It's "Fields of" that gets lost due to touching the sky in the upper left of the F, and the detail + light and shadow graduations of the image behind that part of the title.
Ohhh wow, thanks. I'll try all of that. I'm playing around on Canva right now seeing what I can do. This is for LIT so I'm not publishing it but I did the cover for a Facebook post. Totally a novice at this so thx a gazillion.
__________________
Chloe Tzang
And coming soon for the 2018 Literotica Halloween competition - "Daddy's Hands"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #33
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
Back on thread topic. Someone has translated a couple of my stories into literate Czech. Why?
Czech puffins, mate. Second cliff over, seventh rock back, must be a small colony .
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #34
oggbashan
Ancient writer
 
oggbashan's Avatar
 
oggbashan is offline
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Facing the sea.
Posts: 40,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Czech puffins, mate. Second cliff over, seventh rock back, must be a small colony .
They've even done a couple of my fifty-word sets into fifty words in Czech.
__________________


My Halloween Contest entries:

https://www.literotica.com/s/ghost-heels
https://www.literotica.com/s/laying-the-ghosts-of-war


Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few


electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #35
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
They've even done a couple of my fifty-word sets into fifty words in Czech.
Puffins have small children learning to read, too.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #36
oggbashan
Ancient writer
 
oggbashan's Avatar
 
oggbashan is offline
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Facing the sea.
Posts: 40,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Puffins have small children learning to read, too.
My fifty-word stories are meant for ADULT puffins!
__________________


My Halloween Contest entries:

https://www.literotica.com/s/ghost-heels
https://www.literotica.com/s/laying-the-ghosts-of-war


Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few


electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.