Danger and Diplomacy (closed)

They did small talk as they walked, but for the most part they walked in silence. Ark finally stopped and held a hand up to Morwena. He looked around, obviously thinking something was wrong. "It's too quiet." He says thoughtfully.

It is then they hear it, a strange roaring sound. Before they can react, the creature comes into view. From the right angle it might have been described as a bear, but looking at its owl shaped head, they both new this was no creature of natural occurrence. "I've heard of such creatures," replies Ark. "Created by wizards who think they know best, and sometimes they escape. An owlbear is this one."

The creature looked towards the two travellers and slowly made its way towards the, its intent quite clear, lunch.
 
A rather unimaginative name, Morwena thought. She had time to wonder, in the way that one does when danger threatens and time seems to slow, why someone would combine an owl and a bear. Wouldn't the owl's eyesight be worse during the day? And why would it be so vicious? Bears only attacked when threatened. She also wondered why she hadn't take her bow out of her bag. Fool, this isn't a walk through the Cynadel gardens. Too late for that now.

She stood her ground and splayed her outstretched fingers casting a burning hands spell. Flames shot out of her fingertips directly at the owlbear. She hoped it would decide they were too much work and run away. It was the first spell to pop into her mind to use against this abomination of a beast. Actually, it was the second spell. The first was a fireball, but she had no wish to set the forest ablaze. Nor could she be sure she could get the necessary items out of her bag in time to cast it.
 
Ark did manage to quickly draw his bow. But he didn't point it at the monster approaching, instead he looked around as he knew such creatures traveled in pairs.

The creatures eyes were red, which only became redder from the glow of te flame as it launched towards the creature. The fire struck the fur burning it, but not stopping the creature as it charged forward. Its large claws ready to tear Morwena completely.
 
Morwena ducked and rolled taking cover behind a tree. She still had a clear line of sight with nothing flammable in the way. She cast another burning hands at the owlbear aiming for its face.

She was afraid to try a more powerful spell and fail. How much did it take to kill this beast?
 
Ark never saw another creature, so he fired an arrow straight at the owl bear attacking Morwena. The arrow struck the creature in its side and obviously it didn't like that one bit as it turned its head towards ark. But before it could do anything, another sting of fire burned into its side from Morwena.

The owlbear roared again, but this time decided discretion might be better and ran back into the forest.
 
Morwena came out from behind the tree. "I hope we do not meet any more of those. I think we should put more distance between us and the beast before we stop to rest and eat."

Had a seer told her her journey to the trade meeting would include traipsing through the woods with a human and being attacked by strange creatures, she would have laughed. This is not how her orderly life was supposed to have progressed.
 
Ark nodded in agreement. "Yes, we were lucky, if a mate had been around we might've had issues."

But Ark takes her advice and they seem to be moving a bit faster as she finally finds a decent deer path they an follow. Finally Ark stops as he looks ahead, "There is the road." He whispers. "I know we discussed summoning horses, but do you think perhaps we should see if any merchants come down this path and get a ride from them? We could pretend to be newlyweds and going to the city for our honeymoon. Anyone looking for us might not think to look there."
 
anyone looking for us would not think we were traveling openly with others. besides, no one would mistake this, "she indicated her now grubby-looking attire with something a pri-- an ambassador would wear."

She sat on a fallen tree trunk and pulled out the cut-off fabric from her dress. She deftly wrapped it around her head in a sort of turban covering her ears. It resembled the style of headwraps that human women wore closer to the borders.

She stood and turned slowly. "How do I look? Can I pass for human?"

"And what is our story? That we were set upon by bandits and lost our wagon? But decided to go to the city anyway? Or would humans such as ourselves truly walk all the way to the city for a honeymoon?"
 
Ark nodded at Morwena, "Yes you look perfectly human." He answered, "I am lucky to have you as a wife. You are truly captivating."

He thought about it, "Actually I think we should go with a simpler story that our horse died, a couple like us might be riding one horse together, so we decided to continue our journey on foot."
 
"Good." She patted her head. She did not like the feeling of having her ears restricted. She cocked her head and quirked a smile. "I hope for both our sakes that our acting improves should we meet anyone on the road. My husband." She added.

"Our horse died. We decided to walk." she nodded. "And where are we from?" She touched her turban again then stood and settled her bag on her hip. "May the gods bless us and grant us swift passage to the city."
 
"Very true, we may need to act a bit more convincing that we are married." He offers his hand to Morwena. "Probably holding hands would be a good start." He thinks about it, "We may need to kiss too."

The two begin their journey down the path. "I would say we should be from Southdale, large enough community, but we would still easily be going on a honeymoon someplace."

Soon enough they could hear down the road a merchant singing a happy song as he approached them.
 
"We do not need to begin so soon. Only when someone can see. I believe I know how to act like a proper wife--speak when spoken to and defer to my husband." She dipped her head but she smirked a little. She did have a sense of humor after all.

As they walked along, she continued to ask questions to create a story for the two of them in their false roles of husband and wife.

She slipped her slim hand in his when they heard the merchant. "Well, husband, It looks like we may not have to walk any farther today." She gave him a warm smile.
 
"Actually we do." Responded Ark. "You see one never knows who might be looking and what they might see. We will always need to be acting married even if we think no one is watching." Ark had a few lessons in disguise while he was training with the elves. Being and staying in character were very important, because who knew who might be watching.

Ark tried to look tired, which was actually pretty easy since he was. He waved the merchant down and saw the man sold rugs.

"Hoy there." The man shouted. His accent was quite thick, but they could understand him.

"We wondered if we could get a ride into town? We are on our honeymoon and our horse died a few miles back, it has been a most tiring walk."

The man chuckled at their distress, but jumped off his wagon, and opened the door to the back of his wagon. "Hop in. Perhaps you can find some honeymoon time while we travel." The merchant laughs at his own joke, before climbing back up to take the reins again.

Ark helps Mowena into the wagon before closing the door as he joins her.
 
Morwena smiled at the man and nodded her thanks acting shy. She climbed into the wagon and scooted farther inside to make room for Ark.

"The gods smile on us. I am relieved this isn't a dung cart." She tugged off her boots and massaged one foot and then the other. "The rugs are comfortable. But I do not think I want any 'honeymoon time' here, with our benefactor so close by. You know how shy I am. Husband." What were the words of affection humans used with each other? She had not thought to ask that while they were walking.


((Sorry for the delay, life got busy))
 
Ark removed his own boots, letting them thump onto the floor of the wagon as it begins to pull away. Taking a seat on the rugs, he spies Morwena massaging her foot, he offers his own hand, "Here let me help you there."

He was quite skilled with doing a foot massage and waited to see if Morwena would accept.

OOC No problem
 
Morwena nestled back against the rugs and put her well-formed foot in Ark's lap. "That would be lovely." She paused. "Husband." Her eyes twinkled a bit at their playacting. Now that she felt safe and comfortable she felt she could relax a bit.

She moaned in surprise at his skilled touch. "Oh, that is ... just ... Oh." she closed her eyes and enjoyed the foot massage for a few minutes. "I suppose I should return the favor." But she didn't move except to wiggle her toes.



((Sorry for the long delay. My internet has been down more than it's been up this past month. Seems to finally be working properly.))
 
"Foot massage." Responds Ark, "There is actually a class on it. Rangers are used to walking and used to walking with others, being able to do a good foot massage at the end of a long hike is considered a plus."

He continued working on her feet, but since she left her feet in his lap at the moment, he moved a bi higher, letting his fingers spread along her calves, slowly massaging them as well.
 
Morwena scratched her ear through her turban then stretched her arms above her head sighing deeply. "Mm, a very big plus." Ark's touch was firm and sure. She felt the tension of the last two days melt away. She couldn't tell if she was feeling mildly aroused from his touch or simply because she finally allowed herself to relax.

"Give your foot here, let me see if I have any skill at this."
 
Ark removed his own boots, letting them thump on the wagon floor. His own boots were softer and he was used to walking, but he wasn't going to pass up this opportunity. He put both of his feet into Morwena's lap. "It really is easier than you think it is. Just requires more pushing than anything.
 
Morwena knew basic first aid and knew that some used their hands for healing. Massaging a foot could not be that difficult. She maneuvered herself so that they could reach each other's feet and still be comfortable.

She picked up one foot and pushed her thumbs into his instep. Firm and sure as he had done and was doing to her foot. "How is that? I think if I mirror what you are doing, I will learn easily."

It was surprising to her how--intimate this felt. This was not sexual, but it was very sensual. They had been through a lot. She didn't know how she would have survived without Ark. Surely, she would be dead, or captured.
 
Ark felt Morwena's fingers along his feet. She did have some technique. He let out a low groan as her fingers rubbed his feet. It certainly felt good on his feet. He leaned back, making himself comfortable. Enjoying the feel of her hands.

"Yes, you do have some talent," he whispered to her. Ark made himself comfortable leaning back on the rugs, his feet in Morwena's lap. He did have to admit this was the life. Although a nicer room might be better than there current accommodations.

Suddenly the cart came to a halt as they heard riders approach. "Ho Merchant, we are wondering if you have seen any travelers around?"
 
Morwena smiled at Ark's blissful groan. She was a bit surprised but she found it made her happy knowing she could please him like this. She felt very much out of her depth on the run. Finding joy in simple pleasure helped her to relax.

Morwena's eyes went wide. She sat up. Her heart pounded in panic at the sound of a gruff male voice asking the merchant about travelers. Her thoughts darted like frightened birds as she tried to think of a spell she could prepare. She grabbed her boot and tugged it on. She didn't want to be barefoot if they had to run.
 
Ark remained quiet as he heard the men outside speaking with the merchant. Most of the words were simply but a mumble. Ark stopped Morwena from putting on her boot. If they were going to be caught, running would not be an option. Instead he took her hand and pulled her onto his lap. He looked into her eyes and whispered, "If they open the door, they simply need to see two newlyweds happy to be alone and sitting. Not two people ready to flee."

He then leans in and gently kisses Morwena on her neck.
 
((So sorry to take so long to reply. Had more problems with my internet and then I didn't see that you had posted :( Bad writer--no biscuit. Or maybe I need a spanking.))



"I hope your plan works." She breathed as he nuzzled her neck. She felt gooseflesh raise on one side of her body. She placed her arms around him in a way she hoped would show any looking in on them a young couple in love.

The door to the wagon did bang open. A burly man peered in. Morwena made a startled squeak. She clutched at Ark and found she didn't need to act frightened, because she was. If this masquerade failed, they would surely die at the hands of these ruffians who wanted no treaty between elves and men.

"What's this then?" The man eyed them both spending more time looking over Morwena.
 
((I'm more than happy to give you a spanking)

Ark was certainly quite aroused from having Morwena on his lap. His cock had grown from her being on his lap as he nuzzled her neck. His hand had moved beneath her shirt to touch her cool skin. His lips had continued to caress her neck. It was too bad it was only an act, cause he did find this all very stimulating.

As the door burst open, he looked up coolly, "what's this then?"

One of the ruffians answered, "We be looking for some escaped prisoners."

Ark had to reposition Morwena just a bit, "Well you won't find any in here, my wife and I are simply enjoying some alone time."

The ruffian continued to stare at the two people, thinking about something.
 
Back
Top