Small town escort

S

Strangebuddy

Guest
With greater means of communication and transportation, someone can get anywhere they need to go, which is especially important when you have a freelancing job...or when you're this story's protagonist, an escort who makes her home in a small town that isn't far from an airport and train station. That way she can live and settle down in a quiet, cheap place while living her high paid lifestyle.

But how long can she keep her little secret a secret?

1. Post office gets suspicious when her PO box gets filled with gifts every day and someone tries to deliver a new car. Escort tries to play things off as gifts from clients from her job...doing, uh, consulting. Her accountant gets more suspicious when she's just claiming that all of her income is "gifts" . Can she fool them or does she need to work a few favors to keep things under wrap.

2. Pastor or pastor's wife becomes a fast friend and they talk about everything, with escort even asking her to help housesit while she's gone and deliver mail. Unfortunately, when pastor finds out she's mailing used panties, she freaks out...and thinks the escort is being blackmailed.

3. Escort's friend needs to escape a pimp so escort brings her back. Friend doesn't have the best adlibbing skills so when she's out buying groceries, she says she's escort's sister/half sister/cousin/older niece etc. this makes things really awkward when escort, who is in love with her, gets caught having sex with her...of course the town then might breath a sigh of relief. They had been trying to keep it a secret that incest was pretty common in town but now the time feel they can let their hair down.
 
Combine 2 and 3 and end it with pastor's young wife taking on escort jobs on the side. With his full support, but initially hiding that from protagonist (and reader), thought to be too weird.

As for 1 she definitely needs some front, would be strange if she hadn't, but faking some artisan or consulting self employment may not be too hard at least as far suspension of disbelief is concerned. I would even say that it needs well researched case how it goes to fail and raise suspicion, not just simply that same checks seemed weird.
(Then, I live in country where no less than 30% of economy is unaccounted cash deals and tax scam of all sorts is common thing, so my perception may be skewed.)
 
good points.

That might be a fun idea too, with the accountant or the townsfolk wondering why she's trying to pay her taxes like she should and maybe get suspicious of her for that.
 
good points.

That might be a fun idea too, with the accountant or the townsfolk wondering why she's trying to pay her taxes like she should and maybe get suspicious of her for that.

Yeh the old "she's so impeccable and upright she should have something to hide" argument.

And, for traditional small town society, an independent woman who seems not even interested in local studs is a red herring as well.
 
That's another good point and I could see it spinning off into a plot where she has to toss dating onto her growing to-do list so she can avoid suspicion. Maybe she finds one guy who she suspects might be gay and tries to offer being his beard so they can both avoid suspicion...only for him to reveal (after she's revealed her secret or that she has one) that he does like guys but he's bi. The women of the town don't interest him but he is interested in her. He promises not to share her secret but also makes it clear he'd be fineness with the arrangement as an actual relationship.

As for fronts, massage therapist could be one option. She could get certified in her spare time and then claim she has clients who specifically want her (it also works if she thinks there will be a sting since she can quickly have a client get on the table and pretend nothing aside from a massage was happening). This causes problems though when the townsfolk start wanting her services and she has to hide her other profession's items. Made worse when the town fundraiser decides to produce free massage coupons as raffle prizes without her permission. If she wants to fit in, she'll need to do it.

Another could be new age medicine shop. All the candles, ginger, and sex toys are hidden amongst the inventory. Clients have an interest in using it for sessions and there's such little interest in the town that only the occasional customer bugs her...of course, then someone in town who is on a new age kick comes to get supplies and she has to improvise.
 
Massage salon is pretty much euphemism for a brothel so much too obvious in my opinion. And I was under impression that she keeps as much of her work off-site as possible.

Client-less New Age shop is a front that will look weird in accounting in long run, but she might have that as front of her website already and argue that she does most of her business on the net. What she kind of does mailing panties and what not, maybe even working on cam sometimes.

The local New Age enthusiast may catch her in the middle of a cam session, and she claim doing nude yoga. What results in setting up nude yoga group that quickly grow popular involving pastor's wife and few other supposedly fair maidens doing very 'tantric yoga' exercises under her supervision. (Probably even filming all or some of it for sale.)

If you want massage, that is completely plausible in here as well.

Her 'niece' can blend in here nicely too, and that's also plausible avenue how we might find there several incestuous relationships around the town.

Just for lols, the bi boyfriend could do the pastor at some point.

Actually, a shop could allow her to launder deals booking sales of non-existing products, probably all her services may have codewords in shop's merchandise.

That could even create another path for fun misunderstandings, someone accidentally booking her services, going through the additional hoops by error, wanting the actual thing they disguised under.
 
Last edited:
Better Start Writing!

With all the places this could go you may have a trilogy on your hands!
 
Back
Top