A case of Bad look or the norm?

Hang in there and try not to take it to heart. I find about forty percent of my threads die an untimely death, and while most have the courtesy to let me know they're dropping it, many don't. What I do now is drop the thread from my subscriptions if the coauthor hasn't posted in three weeks. If they post after that, and let me know, in most instances I'm happy to continue.

When you're taking on new stuff, if you want say six threads, take on about ten and you can be assured that at least four will die. Look at your perspective co authors posts to date. Some people are serial thread droppers!

Certainly, in my experience, I would say that friendship develops following writing a thread together, rather than the other way round. Frequently, where a thread concludes successfully, you might decide to do another.

That said, while I'm good friends with some of my co authors, friendly with others, there are more with whom I have no contact other than the thread posts. It doesn't necessarily lessen the thread any.

Hang in there and work on developing a thick skin!! (you'll definitely need it at times if you hang out in the lounge!!)

Sally

Back