Federal Homecoming (closed)

I admit the chief and I have had our differences of opinion but I assure you that I am just as shocked as everyone else at such a cowardly attack on such a kind couple.

His words would sound sincere enough as he did not know. The out of towner they were supposed to be hiding swears he had nothing to do with the explosion not that they would tell the cops about the man they are hiding.
 
Last edited:
"well, you need to get on the phone and get the "out-of-towner" here and get him here fast. I will determine whether or not he had anything to do with it."

Jaxon continued to stare at him as he moved even closer to him. "Don't fuck with me. Do yourself a favor and get him here, and anyone else that might be involved, because I will eventually go back to the station and beat the info out of Delbert."
 
Now we do have someone looking to move here from the big coty. New York I think he said. He is out looking at properties in the county said he might just build his own house. I can leave him a message. Hard as the Dickens to get a hold of those city folks always on their phones.

He smiled revealing as little as possible till someone else walked in. Rosen stood there watching them with no federal badge in sight.

I would love to speak to some one about a property. The lady at the bank said tell you it's the old Colton factory?

His tone spoke a command to it as he studied Lane and the man he was talking to.

Also I was told I might be able to find the son of an old family friend living in this town a Jaxon Lane?
_______
She was at her third location before she located anyone she didn't know. Smiling to the stranger she winked and sat drinking her beer or at least appearing to in a place that would make the Mason Dixie line look like a 5 star place.
 
Jaxon turned and saw Rosen walk into the office. he listened to the story he told the office manager and remained quiet until Rosen mentioned him by name.

"An old family friend of Jaxon Lane? I am Lane, and I don't know you. Who are you friends with?"

Jaxon kept up with Rosen's game, knowing that Rosen was there because of him.
 
Your family... Chief McColm is friendsnof mine told me to look you up if I ever headed to town. He said you were good level headed contact to know.

He didn't even smirk when the weasely little office manager ttok a step back.
 
Jaxon knew what Rosen was trying to do, but he wanted to find out who had tried to kill the Chief. His patience was long gone.

"Well, I may have been the level headed one, but that went away with people trying to kill the Chief. This scumbag here knows who did it, and I am not leaving until I find out who did it."

Jaxon turned back to the office manager. "Now, easy way or hard way?"
 
Rosen shook his head watching him.

I think it would be better if you and I spoke for a little bit Jaxon I have some information I need to discuss with you.

__________

Loren had been mistaken that their target didn't know who they were. A former suspect and target had apparently known the killer as now Loren was out cold in the back of a stolen van.

Over the headset the team wore the computer techs voice spoke tentatively.

Um guys... It might be nothing... But... Loren's comm signal gone... I know sometimes she goes solo and shuts it off but... She was at a really bad ... Like sleazy bad location in the county near you when it last had a signal.

The fear to n her to be was palpable as Rosen sighed rubbing his temples for a moment.

You know what I don't have time for this. Jaxon I think it would really be good if we go talk now.
 
He could tell by the look on Rosen's face that there was an issue. Jaxon turned to the office manager. "Get him here."

Following Rosen out side, Jaxon started to worry a little. "Okay. What is the matter? I can tell by your face that something is wrong. IS it Loren? Is she okay? What did she do?"

He rattled the questions off at rapid fire pace; quicker than anyone could think of a response let alone answer the questions.

Jaxon looked anxiously at Rosen. He wanted answers and he wasn't getting them quickly enough. "What is going on?"
 
When on an assignment we all wear these ear piece communications. Loren's went dead. It's not unheard of for her to turn it off if she is hyper focused and doesn't want the distraction of our voices breaking that focus but it apparently happened happened after it listed her at a place called "The Pit"?
Out computer tech says it's a pretty bad place from what she found on it.

Rosen shrugged.

Stuff like this is why Billy said you would be an asset to to our team... To Loren.
 
"The Pit is the perfect name for it. It is where all of the scum-of-the-earth hang out. Loren should know better than go in there. They would recognize her as a cop... or a fed.... right away."

Jaxon directed Rosen into his patrol car. On the radio, Jaxon told dispatch to send any available cars to The Pit. "I see you haven't been able to make any in roads with Loren to get her to stop being a cowboy and doing her own thing."

Pulling up outside the Pit, Jaxon paused. He was not going to do anything that might cause Loren to be harmed. He waited for the other patrol cars to arrive and sent a couple of the officers to the back of the building.

Turning to Rosen, "She is your agent. How do you want to handle this?"
 
Lonnie arrived as well with a couple of agents in town.

Damn Jaxon that woman is as bullheaded as you.

Rosen stood sizing up the place for a moment before one of the other agents picked up a clearly intentionally stomped earpiece.

Rosen... I got a bad feeling about this man.

Dr Grey seemed focused as well for a moment.

Undercover operative mode... Interesting... She is taking the profiling to the source. With less than 24 hours left on his killing cycle.
 
Jaxon listened and took it all in. He was pissed at himself for not keeping a closer eye on Loren. If he hadn't gone off to the real estate office, and instead had stayed with Loren, things would be different.

"Ok Rosen. How are we going to handle this? Time is wasting, and she could be anywhere."

He tried to remain calm. He had to.
 
We... Continue to try to track this guy. Seems best place to start is here. While we...

Rosen was interrupted by a very sweet yet angry voice.

While we wait for her and.... And... I...

The young woman walked over almost shaking and slammed a file into Jaxon's chest.

Learn about my.. our agent who you have made feel less than welcome in her own home town Mr... Mr... Know it all cop ex boyfriend of our Loren!

She turned to Rosen and took a deep breath.

Sorry sir but her voice has sounded so sad and lost on the phone I... I had to do something and then when her mom went dead.

Rosen nodded.

It's okay but yes he should read her file. Well anything not blacked out.
 
Jaxon watched as the woman walked over to him. He didn't react when she punched him in the chest.

Looking over at Rosen, he listened ad took it all in. He wasn't clear on what was going on, but he was going to try to figure it all out. He had to... for Loren.

"I am giving you control here Rosen. Tell me what you want to do. I don't want them to get too far away with her."
 
Read the file. See what her time here helped her do out there Jaxon. Take some time to get caught up on paper with Loren. I need to think profiling a profiler isn't easy.
 
"Is that going to ...." He stopped. Maybe it was time to do it someone else's way. He had been pushing to do it his way, but now Loren was in grave danger.

He took the file and opened it on the hood of his patrol car. He needed to figure out what Loren was after. What brought her here? Who had her?
 
Every case she had ever worked that was available for him to read. Some sections and some whole cases blacked out but clearly every trick she ever learned here she used out there. She clearly had an outstanding record in undercover with a couple of comments from the deputy director of "occasionally single minded to the point of surprisingly effective recklessness"

Then it got to the most recent cases that seemed linked. Human trafficking and this killer we're connected. A little hidden message in the latest file in her own handwriting . She knew there was a connection to this killer and things that had happened to her team and or their families over the years and she was going to find it. Grey had also weighed in on the possibility as well but data to him was still inconclusive but her instincts seemed to almost beat data to the answer almost every time.
 
Jaxon poured over the files. "What did she see? It has to be here? She came here for a reason."

She had a way about her. She saw things that nobody else saw. She was ALMOST always right. Jaxon remembered that from her time in town.

There are a lot of connections she is making here. Human trafficking and this killer.... there has to be something there. Could they have Loren and there plans were to sell her?

"Rosen...."
 
Rosen walked over along with Grey.
What is it Jaxon?

Grey moved to pick up one of the files on the killer before looking to their computer tech.

Cross reference our killers timeline with what happened to Holt's brother please.

Fingers flying over the keyboard of her laptop like lightning before she paused looking spooked.

Tomorrow will be the two yr anniversary of that and one yr ago tomorrow when we lost Grant. Oh no no no she was right... We busted them now he is going after us but why? That's why she told me to look out for everyone. No no no.

Grey looked to Jaxon and Rosen his mind racing over every possiblity.

I understand what she said now when she mumbled storming out of the station. This stops here. The attack on the chief and his wife sealed it in her mind that he was going after us or those we love. The last piece of paper work for that case was filed when in comparison?

Rosen let them think on that and talked with Jaxon.
 
"If he is truly out to get your team, and those close to your team, and if he is also involved in human trafficking, what better way to get to Loren than to sell her once he has her? That would be the ultimate insult and payback for being on his tail."

Jaxon's mind raced. They were in the middle of nowhere. How would he be able to identify who took her.

"Rosen, do we need to bust some heads in there to get information. He has Loren, and no matter what his plans for her, we don't have much time."
 
He isn't a human trafficker just a killer. He keeps his victims at least 48 hours but yes who can you think of that would go in there who might know her or would be more observant of their surroundings.

Rosen listened to Jaxon.

This is the anniversary also for the execution of the head of that group we took down guys. He was killing them and we took the ultimate target from him when we brought them down... Grey and Holt were rereading some files.

So he simply transferred his anger and target to us...

Rosen and Holt at the same time

And it was her final statement that sealed his execution... He has his truest target.

With that Rosen was diving towards the door of the bar.
 
Jaxon followed Rosen into the bar. Knowing that they were running out of time, Jaxon had a feeling of desperation. He would do anything to find Loren, ANYTHING.

When Rosen stopped just inside the door, Jaxon continued to the bar. He reached across the bar and grabbed the bartender by the shirt collar and pulled him over the bar and dropped him to the floor on his back.

He looked at Rosen. "Do you want to get information from him, or should I do it?"
 
Rosen leaned down holding up a photo.

Have you seen this woman? She may have changed her hair color recently?

The question followed by just jacket falling open to reveal the federal badge on his shirt.


She... She looks like a blonde that was here... Left a few hours ago with some dark headed guy with an accent... They were talking about how some crimes get justice too nicely by law enforcement then something about music and not liking having to tell over the jukebox. So they left.

Rosen maintained his calm

How many is a few to you?

Bout four or five hours I think. Jimmy over there was a little pissed he kinda thought she was cute and all but never could get over to her to talk to her
 
Jaxon walked over to the guy Jimmy that the bartender had pointed out. he didn't wait for Rosen

He didn't care that Jimmy may not be involved, he just wanted information. "Tell me about the guy the woman you were trying to hit on left with. Don't leave anything out. I want to know everything."

Jaxon had Jimmy pinned to the wall. Jimmy was scared and begged Rosen to pull Jaxon off him.
 
Jaxon... Control...

Was all Rosen said before turning to Jimmy.

I have the same question he does only my federal badge will calm this situation down for the sake of the young woman you couldn't bring yourself to approach and who now may be in serious trouble. Anger is going to serve no one especially her in this moment. Now tell me about her and the guy she left with.

Jimmy nodded.

She... She seemed almost like she knew exactly what she was doing... You know a real calm almost calculating but nice and sweet. That guy on the other hand kept looking around... Almost nervous till they really started talking. Then they left.
 
Back
Top