The Past And Future Collide


Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander snorted softly, fighting back a laugh at Angelina's reaction to the rabbit. "Sweetheart, there are times when everyone is a fool. You aren't the first, nor will you be the last. As for that... demonic creature... I have no idea about its movements. And this... mark... I don't know what it means or what it's capable of, but rest assured that if I can, I'll put that thing down like the mad dog it is," he said quietly. He didn't know why it showed up at Angelina's home slaughtered her family, but he intended to make sure it didn't get the chance to harm anyone else.

He felt the marking warm up as if someone had brushed a lit match over it, his gaze dropping to it in time to see thin, barely visible threads gather and thicken into a small sphere that detonated with sharp pop like a log imploding in a fireplace.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
She glanced quickly at him. He called her sweetheart. She lightly touched his arm. "You called me sweetheart?"

She thought. She had not known him long but she did find him a handsome young man. And it did give her a thrill when he said it. She felt safe around him. And she realized that she enjoyed being in his arms.

Mama would be scandalized to known that she slept in his arms. She would accuse her of being a courtesan. But then, yesterday Mama was alive.

Suddenly the mark on his wrist changed and then made a loud snapping noise.

"Alexander, are you hurt?"
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander was a bit startled, staring at the sword that was a little longer than his own forearm. "Not really, more surprised. Felt like a rubber band popping against your skin, really. Though I did call you that, simply because you're be, thoughtful, and intelligent," he deadpanned. He exhaled softly as the glow faded away from the odd tattoo, noticing it was now a soft grayish black than pitch black.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
"I do not feel intelligent. I do not understand your words when you talk usually."

She looked at the sword. "That looks like a formidable weapon. For our protection?"

She walked over to the river and got down on the ground, drinking in the river. She then sat up and tore a bit off her petticoat before dipping it in the cool river. She wrung it out and scrubbed her face. Then she tore a piece off and dipped the new rag in the water before wringing it out and giving the wet rag to Alexander.

"I can look for some fruit. There may be some figs or nuts that we can eat."
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander shrugged. "I guess so. I'll see about getting the fire back up, and get some fish," he said wryly. He wiped the grime off of his own face before he stood, stretching, unaware the lower part of his shirt rode up, baring toned, muscular abs that were a deep bronze-tawny hue.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
She listened to Alexander as he talked. He stretched and she saw his tanned muscular stomach, and she felt her heart give a flutter. She had never really been one to have her head turned by handsome face or a muscular frame.

And she had slept in those arms. She had snuggled against that body. She knew that she should be missing Jon. But as she had never been in love with Jon...she shook her head and went in search of food.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander exhaled softly, gathering small sticks and twigs before he shifted his weight, spotting an old broken board, perhaps from an old cabin here in the woods. Fortunately, it was perfect for his needs. He unwound the cord from the hilt of the knife he'd purchased for personal defense, wrapping it around a thicker stick. He dug out a round area near one of the wider cracks before settling it atop a bed of pine straw and planted his feet on either side, spinning the stick rapidly, his makeshift hand drill working well as thin, barely visible tendrils of smoke began rising. He laid aside the shaft, tilting the board so the cinder that had formed slid out onto the small thatch of pine straw before he inhaled, blowing softly so more smoke formed, billowing up before he smirked slightly, sliding the now igniting sphere of straw into the heart of the sticks and twigs, making sure the fire was burning before he walked quickly towards the stream nearby, finding a lot of fish swimming up the stream as he walked very, very slowly into the water to not disturb the fish.

Within ten or fifteen minutes, he'd managed to get three good sized trout, smirking slightly as he quickly cleaned and deboned them, using a flat stone to carry them back towards the fire, which fortunately was burning quite merrily. He did, however, notice it was a bit chilly.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
[/QUOTE]
 
Always being aware of her way in the woods, and of how to get back to Alexander, Angelina began foraging for something to eat. Her eyes could find nothing at first, and she worried for she didn't wish to return empty handed.

Finally she stumbled upon a pear tree and carefully picked 4 that looked good. Not far away she found a fig tree and suddenly the memory of her favorite sweetbreads sprang from memory. Just yestermorn she had raved about Mary's sweet delicacy to Alexander while stuffing herself on them.

She brushed away the tears and picked some. She had made a basket with the skirt of her dress and carrying her find carefully, headed back to where Alexander was cooking fish. Had she been lost, she could have found her way back by smell alone and she headed to the river to wash the fruit, smiling at Alexander as he cooked the fish. Her stomach growled in hunger.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander exhaled softly as the fish sizzled softly on the flat rock, as he spoke softly. "Angelina, I have a surprise for you." He knew it would shock her in a good way, he hoped. He'd managed to save roughly a dozen of those sweetbreads from the chateau an hour or two before they'd fled.

He flipped the fish fillet, his gaze rising to Angelina.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
Angelina sat cleaning the fruit in the river. The fish smelled wonderful and her mouth was watering as its scent filled the air.

Angelina, I have a surprise for you

"A surprise? What is it?" She couldn't help it as a smile graced her lips. Whatever could it be?

She finished washing the fruit and brought it over to Alexander.

"Look what I found. Pears and figs. There are enough that we can carry the fruit with us as we travel." She showed him her find. "Oh, that fish smells heavenly! Is it almost ready? I am famished."
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander smiled slightly. "I love pears, personally, although the surprise is a little more simple," he said wryly as he revealed a couple of the sweetbread cakes. "Remember, even though we've both lost those we hold dear, they live on within us," he said quietly.

His gaze drifted to the fire as he spoke softly, thinking of his parents.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
He showed her the sweetbreads and she was touched at his sweetness. She cried out and she flung her arms around his neck. That little touch of home. Of what used to be. She pulled back and kissed his cheek before hugging him again, whispering in his ear, "Merci beaucoup!"
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander exhaled softly as he liked seeing Angelina happy. "I don't know if the recipe was ever written down. The good thing is that you have a tangible memory of them... I wasn't so fortunate," he said wryly as he carefully slid the fish onto cooled flat stones. He quickly flicked the heated 'cooking stone over onto a cleared patch of sandy soil, preventing the possibility of a forest fire.

His gaze scanned the trees before he blinked at the distant thin trails of smoke. "Somehow, i hope nobody is foolish enough to try attacking that thing. I'm sure it's going to happen, though I don't think... that conventional weapons are going to do much against it. I don't know much about religion here, if deities are different from what I know of," he said quietly.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
She looked where Alexander was looking and noticed the smoke way in the distance.

"I believe hell is hell, for that thing could not have come from anywhere else." She worried a minute before saying, " we should probably eat and start on towards Bourges."

They quickly ate the fish, and finished with the sweetbreads. They were cold but she still loved them and smiled at Alexander while they ate.

Soon the fire was extinguished. She gave the fruit to him to replace the space left by the sweetbreads. With full stomachs and renewed strength they headed back out towards their destination, the thought that they may be followed by that demonic creature. She held his hand tightly as they walked.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander took a soft breath as he glanced at Angelina. He spoke softly. "Before... I met you, I was working on something, but I don't have that much... it feels... unfinished, at least for now," he said shyly. He wasn't sure how she'd react to the lyrics.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
"I think that a lot of things are unfinished." She talked as they walked.

"How are those 'shoes' working? Maybe when we come to a small village we can trade something for some shoes for you. You cannot walk all the way to Bourges in bare feet."
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander blinked before blushing deeply. "They're working well enough. I will say that there are some 'survivalists' that actually get paid for going around barefoot. I don't mind it, myself, but I do prefer a little something between the soles of my feet and anything sharp," he said shyly.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
Last edited:
They walked on for a while. Not much was said as they concentrated on just putting space between them and Orléans and that creature. Periodically they would rest, and in mid afternoon they each ate a pear, which tasted so good.

Once again they walked. At least the weather was good but they were sure to get bad weather. Heaven help them when that happened.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander exhaled softly as they came out of the trees into rolling hills and fields. He shrugged slightly as they grimaced
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
"Where do you think we can stop for the night?" She knew that his feet had to hurt. The material that she had wrapped around his feet would not last forever. And she had only so much clothes that she could tear up before she would not be wearing anything.

She figured that they would look for another stream so that water would be available. The sun was steadily heading for the horizon and she knew that it was best to find someplace safe for the night.

She had come to enjoy holding Alexander's hand as the walked. His hand was strong and sure. And she was starting to realize that she found Alexander attractive.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander tilted his head, his gaze scanning around before his ears twitched. "You hear that? Sounds like a waterfall," he said softly and shyly. He half turned towards the south taking a few long strides down the slope before opening them, seeing a cascading waterfall draining into a broad, deep pool. He wasn't sure how she'd react to knowing he had close to a half dozen bottles of something he was certain would very much interest Angelina. "We could use the waterfall to.... bathe," he said shyly with a blush, not meeting Angelina's gaze.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
Angelina was shocked. She did not know that this play of water was here. But then, she had never really been that far from home. It was not very large but nonetheless, a welcome site. She could bathe and wash her clothes and...Mon Dieu! She could not do these things. Alexander!

She blushed at the thought of it and said, "Well, we have found a place to spend the night."
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander tilted his head, seeing her blushing from the corner of his eye. "What kind of soap do you have here? I'm just curious," he said shyly. He slid the dirty makeshift shoes off his feet before he had an idea he was sure that would amuse Angelina... or terrify her. He loped back up the hill, finding a hollowed out log that had split in half. "Perfect," he mused as he pulled the just over four foot long, foot and a half wide chunk of wood out, noticing it was fairly light. He paused near the top of the hill, smirking.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
"Soap?" What a strange question. "Lye, I believe. Mary took care of such things."

She then watched him head up the little hill and hunt around before pulling out a bit of log. She had no idea what he wanted it for unless he wanted to sleep against it like last night.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander smirked slightly, his cheeks darkening in a slight blush. "I have something you're going to be very intrigued by... not to mention it's a bit fun. Get in the log... like me," he said wryly as he hopped into the log, crouching on one knee.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone
Sealed Blade
Self Defense
 
Back
Top