Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so nice to see old friend. :)

Also I really love my SO. Kind of alot.

And with that all in mind, I'm going to try not to get really upset about a potential issue at work because I don't know even know yet if it's going to be a problem. So, really, I should save the worrying for later.

If I can.:eek:

silly girl....:kiss:

The weekend is here and may joy prevail for all!!

friday2133311.jpg

Thanks for the nice wishes! :rose:

I'm stuck trying to explain concepts of duty and military service to someone who has no concept of it. Really, very frustrating. I enjoy talking to her, but we keep going round and round in circles over the same issue. There's no resolution there. So, now to break off a conversation with her, but not make her think I am running.

meh.

i'll deal with it tomorrow. Maybe some fresh perspective will help.

I'm stuck trying to explain concepts of duty and military service to someone who has no concept of it. Really, very frustrating. I enjoy talking to her, but we keep going round and round in circles over the same issue. There's no resolution there. So, now to break off a conversation with her, but not make her think I am running.

meh.

i'll deal with it tomorrow. Maybe some fresh perspective will help.

Don't worry, Sergeant. I'm sure she'll not take it to heart. You seem like a nice man with a lot of insight. BTW, sorry about our little contratemps the other day. :rose:

Don't worry, Sergeant. I'm sure she'll not take it to heart. You seem like a nice man with a lot of insight. BTW, sorry about our little contratemps the other day. :rose:

You know, I am sorry as well. I felt like a heel later. It was just a bad day all around.

And, thank you. :D

You know, I am sorry as well. I felt like a heel later. It was just a bad day all around.

And, thank you. :D

Me too, Sergeant, me too. I'm glad we can move ahead and let that go. Some days emotions run higher than others for me, and I'm guessing for you too, so no worries.

Nice to meet a thinker and one with feeling! :rose::rose:

Me too, Sergeant, me too. I'm glad we can move ahead and let that go. Some days emotions run higher than others for me, and I'm guessing for you too, so no worries.

Nice to meet a thinker and one with feeling! :rose::rose:

Out of curiosity, what do you read?

Out of curiosity, what do you read?

I read all kinds of things. :) At the moment, I'm interested in existential philsophy, so I'm reading the writers of the 'theater of the absurd' movement (Pirandello and Ionesco). Before that, I was reading some of the fiction of the 19th century written by various British authors--Wilkie Collins, Mrs. Gaskell, and Thackeray. But, I usually return to old standards like Hemingway and/or Steinbeck. Sometimes I like to read about geometrical concepts of abstraction, but it's an odd taste not shared by many. LOL.

What about you?

Last edited:
Actually I am a popular fiction kinda guy with an interest in fantasy. when it comes to philosophy, I enjoy the writings of modern atheists and the occasional foray into religious books.

mostly, I enjoy Stephen Lawhead, Anne Rice, William Lashner (so far), and (believe it or not) Jacqueline Carey. Also, Stephen King, R.A. Salvatore and many others.

Play over - despite everything, all the headaches and drama - it actually went AMAZINGLY! So proud of everyone, particularly the younger members of the cast :)

Next stop: New Flat. Oh yeah...

Steak and mashed potatoes with a spinach salad for dinner tonight. I hope my dinner companion will enjoy it.

I just switched one of the old plates from my old car to my new one. I have to have a bracket installed to switch the other one. So I have two cars with the same license plate right now (luckily, one of them isn't being driven by anyone).

I have too much 'stuff' in my apartment. I hate clutter. I have clutter now. Something has to go.

I think I might have pushed myself a little too hard at the gum tonight. I'm going to feel that in the morning...

I think I am going to just go with and start taking what I need for a little while. Feeding the soul is a good thing whether I am chicken or not.

I dreamed last night that I had a serial killer in my basement. I rushed upstairs to my kitchen, grabbed the biggest knife we have, and waited for him to come upstairs. when he got up there he saw my knife and grabbed my broom. I wasn't afraid, I never will be against a staff weapon. I'm good against them :D . I woke up before it played out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back