Her Guardian angel of death (closed)

Salvator:

He went to open the door talking to me about besting him to his prey and I tensed... fired and at near point blank range he flew back you have seen the impact of the 40cal He listened, his lip twitching, was it really that simple? Just get him at point blank? Salvatore’s mind began to whirl, everyone in town was scared of this prick, but if she shot him that meant he could be killed, and he quickly began to wonder what it would take to get him out into the open, maybe ambush him, he was tired of living in fear of pissing this guy off. His features softened slightly and he was about to kiss her stupid for making him this happy, but he froze again at her next words He said I owed him for the bullet but I should get back home to you before anyone showed up. Son….of…a……bitch……

“Ummm, he actually said to come home to me? ME? He knows your mine? And that you …..owed………..” Salvatore trailed off, a very hard tremble raced down his spine, he knew? He KNEW? “That night at the club” he whispered, then shook his head “No matter, alright, I will fix this…..you did great baby, finish your bath and come to bed, I will give you a massage, I will take care of this” he smiled again, kissing her, Turning he made his way from the bathroom and back to his office, turning his computer back on he fired off a quick email to the heads of the families in town, If Val said she owed him, he’d collect, one way or another, maybe he could use that to his advantage? Smiling to himself still he crawled into bed, only his night shorts on and turned the TV on low, He’d need to find something appropriate to reward her with, she may have just given him the answer he needed.

The next morning Salvatore woke, letting his women sleep as he slipped from bed and dressed, he had meetings and he had to deal with a supplier issue. Fucking Mexican cartel wanted a higher cut of the profits, having learned what he was actually getting on street value vs what he was paying them, fucking snitchs everywhere he swore.

Valarious:

He sunk into the hot tub and sighed, absently rubbing the wound in his chest, a soft knock at the door before it opened Taryn stepping in with a small tray in her hands, smiling at him she shook her head “Got shot again huh? Do bullets ever miss you?” and Val growled at her, slapping her ass as she set the tray down and picked up the needle and thread, and val took the Brandy glass off the tray as well and took a drink, sitting back as Taryn stitched him up. While it would heal on its own by tomorrow night this way kept it from scaring, letting himself fall into thought again about that damned female. Her cold hard eyes, those stunning curves that seemed so familiar to him, that hard demanding voice that made him hard as a rock. Absently he wondered what her blood would taste like, and absently licked his tingling gums Hey, Dumbass, you need to feed or you good till tonight? Taryn muttered as Val just peaked a brow at her, but he nodded to her “sure” she offered him her wrist and he opened his mouth, his fangs elongating he bit into her wrist. Closing his eyes, his thoughts again drifting to that annoying female.

Pulling her wrist back Taryn finished sowing up the gunshot wound and left for the day. Val crawling into bed as the metal shutters closed for the day. Letting undeath take him into unconsciousness
 
Slipping into bed next to him she smiled drifting quickly off to sleep. Her mind briefly returned to how her mind was at war around the strange man. Salvatore's words and actions didn't add any ease to her about the situation either. The next day she went shopping and enjoyed some time out with an old friend from school and her "sister" doing all she could to not worry about it. Salvatore had always taken good care of her and she saw a side of him you don't really get told about in briefings or police reports. Be could be kind gentle and loving. Be could be protective and gentle and caring.
 
Salvatore:

He midway through the day he’d started to feel like he was being watched, an itching feeling in the back of his neck, as he drove through downtown he called Zia and picked her up, taking her out to lunch, they chatted and laughed, one of the new upscale restaurants that just opened, as the waiter left he looked to her “I need you to be careful sweetness, I think I’m being followed, I haven’t seen anything, but ive just had that….feeling…..Could be cops being nosey again, or could be………him….” He trailed off leaving the name unsaid. They ate in relative quiet and comfort and Salvatore paid the check. Smiling he kissed her and cupped her ass “I have a few meetings still this afternoon, supply issues and customs is harassing one of my cargo jets, you wouldn’t think Art would that this big of deal…” Kissing her again he left. Heading to the airport. A Crow caw and a soft “tock tock” sound a raven landed on a light post, looking down at Zia, head canting to one side, hopping along the light post. Clacking its beak together, turning it looked away, in the direction of the limo, then back to her, after a few minutes it spread its wings and took flight, cawing again.

Valarious:

Late that afternoon Val woke, inhaling deeply he stared up at the ceiling. He’d dreamed, but he couldn’t recall it, but he thought he could smell a lingering scent, or rather a scent memory and he sat up. His hand going to the light pink scar on his chest, nothing more than an irritating ache now. The shutters lifting as the sun dipped below the horizon he dressed. A ravens cry had his head swiveling around and he walked to the balcony, the bird tapping its beat at the window, and Val glared at the damn thing, opening the sliding door “You know you can open the fucking door yourself….” The Raven gave a rattling croak at him before its form became darkened by a black myst, growing and stretching before a female stood before him, and he crossed his arms “Riley, “ he nodded to the shifter as she looked at him and smiled I could……..but I love how your face turns that shade of annoyed red… she quipped at him and he rolled his eyes “drink?” he said moving to the kitchen, she declined “so…report…”

the female spent the day shopping, Salvatore picked her up for lunch and they spoke, what interested me though was the womens sister or so she called her……apparently shes a cop…....and more interesting. Salvs female is leaking information to them…about his going’s on…. Val looked up at that bit of info cocking his head to the side as he thought… “curious..” The rest of the info about Salvs dealings and bribing of Crooked Customs officials he’d paid off to release one of his cargo planes from Brazil, Turning as Riley finished her report he crossed his arms “I think its time I had a talk with this girl, Zia? You said…… bring her to me, Tonight, there is something about her…………..” Val just trailed off and turned, with a dismissive wave the raven shifted again and flew off
 
A voice on the wind... The formless remains of ancient times.

You think it's her don't you... Our Isabella

A faint devious little laugh as if a child knowing they have done something they shouldn't have and gotten away with it.
__________

Well then I won't wait up but... Remember Wednesday is Mine no business... No deals no meetings... Twice a month is not too often for us to ignore it all for each other.

She winked and returned to her shopping. A little solo time with a few select designers who have been struggling to find favorite ancient hue of burgundy. She had received a text that one of the designers had found a well preserved stunning dress in her truly personal color. She was unsure of taking such a historical dress apart but for her best customer she would alter it just for her. When she sent her a picture text of the picture she just stared at it. There was something about it that drew her to it and made her scared of it all at once. She quickly typed back.

Do whatever you feel best about it but yes it is mine.

Having no idea how true those last words were.
 
You think it's her don't you... Our Isabella Val Jerked like he’d been hit by lightning, he’d been so deep in his thoughts at first he’d thought he’d fallen asleep, and was hearing things, his head snapped around, he inhaled as he scented the air, but there was nothing, just the briefest hint of a childs laughter and it did nothing to brighten his mood. He watched several ravens and a hawk fly by and turned. Rubbing his chest again, then realizing he was doing it and dropped his hand with a snarl, Fucking female. He went about his business, making something to eat and getting his place prepared for his uhh….Guest….

Several Ravens circled Salvatore’s home, To Them it appeared that Salvatore hadn’t gotten home yet. One raven circled lower, Landing on the railing of the balcony, eyes scanning the interior. Clicking its beak softly it hopped along the railing, body dipping and swaying, till it was in front of the kitchen window, Giving off a light Cawing again, tapping its beak against the glass, a curious bird seeing its reflection in the window to anyone else’s eyes, flapping then settling its wings, hoping to draw the female out at the noise, clicking its beak together its feathers ruffled as she finally appeared, it cawed at her lightly, hopping down the railing towards her, blinking, head cocked to one side before it bent down and lightly pecked at the railing it was on then looked at her again.

The raven watched as the women edged closer, but was extremely hesitant, Then suddenly the raven shifted, and before Zia could react a large male was standing before her, “Hello darlin” he said before he grabbed her, the momentary shock that had stilled her was gone and she fought, cracking her head back into the males face he shouted as his nose broke and dropped her “YOU BITCH” he screamed as she ran. But as she rounded the corner heading for the front door 3 males and 1 female stepped into view, another catching her around the waist he slapped a cloth over her face, growling as she bite his finger but he held on, the others grabbed her flailing limbs and held her, a minute later they relaxed their grip as she sagged, the female raven looking at the bleeding male she snorted “idiot” They hauled Zia out to the waiting SUV and shoved her in, a short car ride and elevator lift they dumped the girl on Val’s couch, leaving her alone
 
The designer had left the dress as close to it's original splendor and a soft nod to it's perhaps Victorian origin. Just a few modern flourishes. She had slipped on the dress when she got it home something about the dress tugged at her she had to try it on again. Then the bird... The attack and then... Nothing she knew what was happening the drug to knock her out... She faded unable to fight it long. No idea who or why.

Little Edward had been a part of her people... Genevieve had killed him as well or at least everyone had always suspected it as well. He could not escape to the other side so he found ways to stay near Val... He liked Val he loved how he had always looked after Isabella.

BE NICE!

He snapped at the Ravens when they brought her in. Then he stared at her.

Isabella who broke your favorite dress? Why won't she answer me?
 
Val moved to the couch, sitting down he gently lifted the women’s head and set it in his lap, running his hand through her hair he combed it back from her face, studying her. His finger tips ever so gentle, tracing the curve of her cheek, cupping it in his palm, feeling its warmth. So familiar, his black eyes taking her in, his thumb tracing down, running over her pulse, he felt her shift becoming restless and he knew the drugs were wearing off. He continued to softly stroke her face, a smirk on his lips. Her scent, now that he was alone, he inhaled, it was different, but it was the same. OF all the incarnations the scent had a slight change to it over the centuries, but it was almost the same as hers. He’d found her, he was almost certain of it this time. Some had the looks, some had the mind, but this women, this female. The attitude, the body, the same fire in her eyes. He could bite her, could taste her memories, but as he reached for her hand to do that, something stopped it. It felt like something had a hold of his hand but nothing was there. No, he couldn’t just take from her, something in the back of his head telling him he needed permission, wanted her to want him to take it willingly and it annoyed him. The niggling feeling, not that he thought he had a conscience but just something.

Finally he saw her eyes flutter open and he smiled “Good evening, darlin”
 
She moved to try to leap away from him but still weak she nearly fell.

Edward pouted.

Someone broke her favorite dress Val... Why did they do that? It's her... Hi Isabella. I helped them find your dress... I didn't know they would break it.

The little boy pouted again...

She can't hear me can she Val?
 
Out of the corner of his eye Val thought he saw a small shimmer in the air beside him. His senses seemingly on overdrive, he looked down as the women struggled “Hey, take it easy, just rest a moment alright? Your not dead so take comfort in that fact” of course only after he said those he mentally kicked himself. Dumbass, he needed her calm, Val caught her before she fell off the couch and gently stroked her cheek, much the annoyance in her eyes “relax, im not going to hurt you” his voice was soft, a soothing tone to it as his eyes gleamed again. “calm….slow breath that’s it.” He helped her sit up and sighed, looking to her, She can't hear me can she Val? Val blinked at the voice he heard and frowned, looking around, again he thought he caught a shimmer in the corner of the couch then he looked back to the women

“so tell me something…Why is it your giving information to….your sister? I think you claim it was, about Salvatore?” he looked at her “im sorry, im being rude, would you like something to drink? Wine? Food?” he got up and moved around the back of the couch and looked at her with an arched brow
 
What are you talking about? And what is that buzzing I keep hearing. How do you know Salvatore?

She tried to move again... Wanting to put distance between them.

Does he know you brought me here? Why was I brought here?
 
“well then, your full of questions aren’t you” he taunted, smirking as he moved to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses, Setting a glass on the table before her he set one in front of himself as well, the bottle of wine still in hand as he sat on the couch opposite her. “Let’s see, who am i? Well you’re a smart girl you should be able to figure that out, but just maybe, Salvatore hasn’t…. enlightened you to who I am? My Name is Val, for now, that is all you need to know…” he sunk the corkscrew into the wine bottle and pulled, the soft “pop” as the wine fizzed and he poured some into her glass, a dark red liquid with a sweet smell and then a glass for himself “This is a 1948 Merlot that I came across, try it, it’s very rich in flavor” he motioned with a tilt of his glass and sat back staring at her. “Does Salvatore know your here? No, but he will, soon enough, I wanted a chance to meet you, see who you are for myself. He took a sip from his glass, proving to her that it wasn’t poison.

He watched her for a few minutes, head tilted as he drank casually. “What am I talking about? Yesturday, you were at the café down on Charleston, with a female, how you told Salvatore was your sister, except.. well….said female then returned to the Police station, and reported to the Division Chief what you had told her about Salvatore……” he watched her as he relayed her previous day to her if anything proving that Salvatore was being watched by more then the police at this point. “and well, there IS the fact, that you shot me….”
 
She sipped the wine.

What about my sister? And as for anything Salvatore has told me about you clearly you seek to keep the families in line. Who is going to tell him the goon squad that broke into my home? Still curious how that was possible.
 
“Keep the families in line? Yes, and no, I gave them a simple directive, No children are to be harmed, it was that simple” he looked out to his balcony and motioned “if youre feeling better, come, let us sit outside, it’s a beautiful night” he got up and offered his arm to her, which she took, and walked outside, pulling a chair out for her he sat down, leaning back, his eyes going skyward he gave a short quick whistle, a ravens cry echoed before the bird descended, and he outstretched his hand, the bird landing in it and he lowered it to the table, letting it step off before he began idly petting it, watching it rustle then settle under his touch “there is this wonderful invention called a cell phone, I merely sent him a text, telling him that you were my guest, and you would be returned unharmed,” he couldn’t hide the cocky smirk that tilted his lips up

He continued to pet the raven, watching her, watching her face “see Ms. Jade, there is one thing I have learned in my many years, is that people need chaos in their lives, or else they grow restless, its human nature, nothing can ever be perfect for some body, they always have to push the boundaries and explore, and cause havoc to make themselves feel better, feel superior to others so I allow that chaos to continue in my city, and people continue living their lives unaware of the other side of that life, of lifes little secrets, and long forgotton past…”

He sipped his wine again and inhaled a breath and exhaled “and I wouldn’t call them a Goon squad, they tend to take offense to that” at saying that the raven ruffled its neck feathers and squawked at her, Val just simply smirked and caressed the ravens head with a finger “there are secrets in this world, secrets that many have forgotten through the ages, as civilization has grown and expanded, that underworld was buried and forgotten in myth and legend. Which has served us better, we’d prefer it that way”

“Take this Raven for instance, well, Her name is Riley, Her and her people are avians, hidden in plain sight, yet no one is the wiser” He looked to her, watching, as the raven looked to her, spread her wings and bowed its head at her
 
Her brow raised listening and watching the bird.

Fair enough...

She stared out from the balcony.

So why did you really do this? And as for my shooting you clearly I missed... No bandages or loss of movement. Even just winging you carrying a bottle of wine the next day would have offered pain and difficulty... And yet you seem fine.
 
So why did you really do this? He looked at her considering, “why did I bring you here? That’s a simple matter, you……..remind me of someone from my past, someone I lost, and I wanted to see if you indeed were her, reincarnated” he finished off his wine and poured another glass, the raven giving a soft rattle in his throat and Val shook his head “really?” he tipped the glass down to the raven and let her take a drink “you’ve been after my rare wines lately again haven’t you? Little brat” the raven just bristled and somehow managed to look smug, making val shake his head and sigh “And no, I assure you, you didn’t miss” Val reached up, tilting his head to one side he pulled his shirt down exposing the pink/red scar on his upper chest that still had stitches in it just below his carotid artery in his neck that couldn’t be anything but a bullet wound but seemed days old now “I honestly didn’t think youd shoot me, you are a strong willed women, as to the loss of movment” he paused considering

“Those like me have an incredible gift for healing, and surviving most wounds that would kill a normal person, for me, well, I cant be killed so it’s a bonus, but that doesn’t mean that you didn’t irritate the shit out of me” he leaned forward, linking his hands together and resting his chin on them, his eyes gleaming in the lights from the kitchen behind her “What do you remember of your past? Do you have dreams? Flashes of things you cant explain?”
 
Last edited:
I can't be killed?

She was sceptical at best as she moved to back away from him.

I believe I have heard enough I am ready to go... Now!
 
I believe I have heard enough I am ready to go... Now! He watched her stand up, nonplussed, he finished his wine and set the glass down and sighed, rising to stand the Raven stepped onto his arm, “really, come now, no need to panic, I assure you im not crazy” his eyes glowed as he walked toward her, watching as she backed away from him, the raven flapping its wings, “see, I was going to do this the easy way, and make you nice and relaxed, but, I can see now that your unwilling to answer my questions, despite me answering yours honestly, so then…” he threw his arm out towards her as he spoke “Riley dear, I do believe she needs a demonstration” the raven flew off his arm and dove at Zia, at the last second reversed course, deftly twirling and showing how agile she really was, Val watched Zia the entire time however, her eyes following the bird as it flew to the other side of the table, and seemed to become blurry, But as she continued to watch the raven transformed into a tall thin women, ass length black hair that seemed to shimmer from black to purple, to dark blue as the light moved over it, she stood and bowed the black dress that was molded to her body rustling softly as she spoke, her voice a soft melodic tone “Greetings Ms. Jade, “ her eyes looking up from the bow as she smiled

“there now, see that’s not so bad hmm?” he quipped, smirking at Zia crossing his arms over his chest “How did my men get into your house? Well now you’ve seen it for yourself, “ he lifted his hand, motioning to Riley “Ive showed you my Truth” all humor left his voice, “Now im asking for truth from you”
 
She stared brow raised at the change.

What was asked that I did not answer?


Edward yelled at Val.

Be nice don't scare her away... Don't hurt my sissy!

There was that strange buzz again as Zia seemed to wince a little when Edward talked.
 
What was asked that I did not answer? That………of all things he was expecting, was not on the top of his list. And he actually found himself unable to speak for a minute or two. He’d been expecting panic, or anger, or…demands……. something…….he didn’t know, damn this female was stone…..cold….Val pressed a finger to his temple, at a deep throb that pulsed through his head for an instant, and noted that Zia seemed to flinch as well. “Riley, you may leave my dear, thank you for your flocks assistance tonight” Riley bowed her head, spreading her arms she shifted again and flew off leaving them alone. Licking his lips he sighed, “for future reference, I hate to repeat myself, but I shall do so just this once, Why where you talking to a Cop, what was the conversation about, and more importantly, What do you remember of your past? Do you have dreams? Flashes of things you cant explain?”

He moved inside, waiting for Zia to join him he closed the balcony door and drew the shades, idly noting it was nearly midnight already, as they’d been talking for a while now, well, he’d been talking and she’d been ignoring his questions. “Do you believe in reincarnation?”
 
So what if my sister is a cop... And so what if we discuss her concern about my being in a relationship with Salvatore.

She shrugged

I have been told that loving a color that is nearly unheard of since nearly ancient history is a little strange.

She looked down at the dress she was wearing. It had been hers as Isabella centuries ago and her designer stayed somewhat true to it's ancient design but giving it modern flair.

Like this... It scared me a little when she had shown me what she found before updating it. I have to admit my designer friend is blessed to have found this dress completely in this color.

Edward giggled again.

I helped her find sissy's dress then the lady broke it.
 
And so what if we discuss her concern about my being in a relationship with Salvatore. That quirked a smile from him and he crossed his arms over his chest “relationship…..hmmm…….what do you think she would say if you were to……ohhh….enter into a relationship with me?” his eyes gleamed, as he stepped closer to her, tilting his head to one side, his nose flaring as he took in her scent. I have been told that loving a color that is nearly unheard of since nearly ancient history is a little strange “It does suit you very well my dear, Very well, your designer friend does indeed have a gift, although why it would scare you? You’ve worn this dress before, just not in this century” He let that trail off and mentally kicked himself, he hadn’t meant to let that little tid bit slip. Although given her non chalant attitude at being exposed to the Raven shifter and over all seeming lack of fear or surprise to anything.

“and what of your past? Do you have dreams? Or see things as if from another point in time? Or feel like you don’t belong?”

Salvatore:

As the night worn on he was beginning to become increasingly worried, and the more worried he got the more pissed off he got. He’d received a voicemail from an unknown number that no one he knew was capable to tracing, a Voicemail from Val, informing him that his “female was in his company” and would be returned to him unharmed when he was ready to let her go. So many thoughts ran through his mind, She had told him that she’d shot him and he knew Val was not one to let something like that slide, no matter the gender, He’d sent every man he commanded into the city to search for her. If she was harmed, by whatever god ruled the skies he would kill that bastard, walking outside with a glass of Brandy which he’d already downed half of he leaned against his porch railing, feathers rustling he looked to the trees, Bah, just a raven, creepy birds, In a rage he threw the glass at the bird, hearing it squawk and a flutter of wings as it took to the air. “WHERE ARE YOU ZIA” he screamed to no one
 
What?

He continued to rattle off questions as she hissed about it all.

I don't remember any dreams as for my past foster homes so not alot to tell as for anything else I found where I feel like I belong and for once and happy.

Edward sighed.

Why doesn't she remember Val?
 
Val Began Pacing, seemingly becoming irritated, surely she should remember something? Her past incarnations were at least able to on some level recognize him. Yet so far he felt no connection to her, or from her. And it only agitated him more. He stopped pacing, turning to look at her, his eyes taking on a faint red glow, the color of his iris’s changing to an icy blue hue, he turned to face her fully, all emotion, all humor, all gentleness gone, his icy gaze locked on her as his Fangs elongated. “Its time you remember” he said coldly watching her, his eyes unblinking, tongue licking over one fang, piercing it, a drop of blood forming on his tongue. From one blink to another he stood before her, his unholy speed closing the distance and he grabbed her, fangs bared “I want you to remember, by my blood you will, awaken your mind” he kissed her, shoving his tongue into her mouth, letting a few drops of his blood hit her tongue, before her pulled back, “remember who you are”
 
Remember what...

She was starting to get uneasy about everything and wanting to run. There was that buzzing again. It sounded angry... No scared... Or maybe both. Then he was right there but how? She had tried to back away. She wasn't sure how she felt being around him at all and his comment about the dress and so demanding to know dreams and all of that. Now this remembering... His eyes... That battle was back in her mind... She hissed and fought to back away. In that moment she wanted out of there and far from that dress as well.

_______
This was the first time Edward had been around her when her mind was attacked like that by Val.

Stop hurting sissy!!!! They won't let her remember!!! That mean lady or one of her people found her first!!!

Edward saw something. On this side of the veil he could see the magic of the supernatural beings and in this moment he saw something... He didn't know what but he didn't like it and Val's mental magics seemed to make it glow and grow... Burn his sister! Edward was screaming and growing more and more angry as he tried to shove Val away from her to protect both of them it was moving towards him too.
 
Val let go a breath as Edward shoved him, not that it did much in hisboyish incorporeal body but he released her and hissed down at the little boy, Not the first time he’d gone feral on the kid over the centuries, but his frustration was mounting and he didn’t or couldn’t understand, and he hadn’t fed since the previous night so he really wasn’t thinking straight, but he watched as Edward stamped his foot and huffed at him, as Zia began to back away from him he looked down at Edward “What do you mean THEY got to her first? They wont let her remember?” he growled again, Only then did he see Dante and Adam, two other Raven shifters, walk in, shielding Zia from him as she backed away. OK big guy, lets calm down alright? Val recognized Riley’s melodic voice Dante, Adam, please help the lady get home, before Salvatore goes nuclear, thanks she spoke quietly, lifting her hand she slit her wrist with a nail, pressing herself against Val’s back and holding it in front of him as the blood trickled.

Feed Val, before you loose it completely Vals focused shifted, smelling the fresh blood from the little boy to the women’s wrist, his eyes going to Zia, locked on hers as she watched, her eyes wide as he opened his mouth, his fangs glinting in the light before he took Riley’s wrist, sinking his teeth into it, holding her arm, a shudder passing through him as his eyes closed, and he nodded Come on Ms. Jade, lets get you home, something tells me Salvatore isn’t going to be happy, and Val needs time to………..calm down…. said Dante, motioning her to the door.

They headed back outside, a limo waiting and Dante and Adam helped her in, She was quiet, and the Raven’s could sense her fear, her confusion Perhaps you still have questions? he said hesitantly you seem like your taking this all very well, for a human, but…………are you? I mean….Alright?” Dante asked
 
Back
Top