Story Was Accepted--Now It's Gone

J

John988

So... I have had a weird experience. I submitted a non-con story to Lit about a week ago, and after a few days, it was published. When I went to check on its ratings/comments today, I found that it's gone. Going back to my account, I see that it was marked as "rejected", saying:

"While we do accept submissions with graphic violence, we don't accept "snuff" - i.e. death & extreme torture with the aim of sexual titillation. We generally do not accept submissions of nonconsensual sex in which the "victim" gets absolutely no sort of thrill or enjoyment from the acts, or is seriously and /or permanently physically harmed/abused/maimed."

If it was rejected when I submitted it, I could (kinda) understand it, even though I wrote it with the victim explicitly saying that she enjoyed herself. But having it taken down after acceptance? I don't get it.

I would really appreciate it if someone who knows this part of the site's logic and rules could give me some pointers here.

So... I have had a weird experience. I submitted a non-con story to Lit about a week ago, and after a few days, it was published. When I went to check on its ratings/comments today, I found that it's gone. Going back to my account, I see that it was marked as "rejected", saying:

"While we do accept submissions with graphic violence, we don't accept "snuff" - i.e. death & extreme torture with the aim of sexual titillation. We generally do not accept submissions of nonconsensual sex in which the "victim" gets absolutely no sort of thrill or enjoyment from the acts, or is seriously and /or permanently physically harmed/abused/maimed."

If it was rejected when I submitted it, I could (kinda) understand it, even though I wrote it with the victim explicitly saying that she enjoyed herself. But having it taken down after acceptance? I don't get it.

I would really appreciate it if someone who knows this part of the site's logic and rules could give me some pointers here.
Sounds like your story passed a cursory scan for acceptance and then was reported by a reader and got a closer read by Laurel that resulted in the rejection. If you feel the story was rejected unfairly or incorrectly, PM Laurel or resubmit it with an explanatory note in the comments field.

It must have passed through the site editor with only a quick scan the first time - only one person does this (Laurel). Then I'm guessing the story was reported by a reader. It happens.

On a second look, your story crossed the editor's line.

There's no point fighting it. It's now up to you to find the material that is too strong, wind it back, and resubmit. Some would say don't write non-con, problem solved. But the category exists, so if for whatever reason you choose to go there, you will need to figure out the boundaries.

The reject advice is the rule. Maybe your character's "enjoyment" wasn't convincing enough. A non-con writer might jump in and help...

I'm really surprised my "non con/ rape scene" in chapter 5 of "My Brother's Ghost" wasn't rejected. I even went back and reedited the chapter to make it even more graphic in nature and that passed as well. What's even more odd is I had a third party account mention the scene in really graphic detail in chapter 6, after the fact, and that passed as well. Strange. Too bad we can't read you story in a link to see what is actually going on. 👠👠👠Kant💋

Last edited:
Maybe someone complained and did a report.

It happened to me once. Someone said I reposted a story that was already on my account, then my story was taken down. I explained that I had deleted the story a year ago, then reworked it and submitted it again, and the issue was resolved, bringing the story back.

So you could just rebutt saying that the character was enjoying it and try to clear it up like that.

I'm really surprised my "non con/ rape scene" in chapter 5 of "My Brother's Ghost" wasn't rejected. I even went back and reedited the chapter to make it even more graphic in nature and that passed as well. What's even more odd is I had a third party account mention the scene in really graphic detail in chapter 6, after the fact, and that passed as well. Strange. Too bad we can't read you story in a link to see what is actually going on. 👠👠👠Kant💋

It probably will be now. ;):eek:

I had a story rejected with that exact reason.

However after explaining to Laurel what I tried to accomplish (satire) it was accepted without changes. So it is often just a question of minor corrections or clarification.

Well, I reached out to the site mods but never heard anything. The story most certainly doesn't violate the "rules", so I can't imagine what's going on here. I've submitted it again, and I'll update with the result.

Well, I reached out to the site mods but never heard anything. The story most certainly doesn't violate the "rules", so I can't imagine what's going on here. I've submitted it again, and I'll update with the result.

How did you reach out? Laurel is the one to reach out to and only by private message (PM). All of those e-mail contact buttons mean nothing here.

Ya, that's what I did first. I started pressing all those contact buttons after days went by without a response. Obviously, those didn't work, either.

Yeah, those contact buttons...did they go to an email address? Email here doesn't work. You have to PM(Private Message) Laurel.

Back