Is it possible to change categories after posting?

creamymogur

Virgin
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Posts
6
A real newbie, here. I'm 68 and never have written anything beyond school essays. Last week I posted the first four segments of a story line where a wife manipulates her husband into bisexuality. The couple are very much in love with each other, but want to heighten their sex with submission to strangers, and any other form of shameful degradation, especially cum eating. Early feedback advised me that I will get pilloried in the Loving Wives category for including extreme kink (like the husband munching on cum), and having sex with other men.

So I researched and discovered he was right, because some of the cream pie authors that I looked up had much lower ratings for their stories in the loving wives category, than other categories. I am getting pretty low ratings, even lower than I expected as an inexperienced author.

Anyway, am I stuck in that category with these four chapters? And, what would be the best category to put subsequent parts of this story line? There will be two or three more chapters.

EDIT: A second question. My first couple of chapters have quite a few places where I used too many adjectives and adverbs. Is it okay to do the submission of an edited version to replace the original, with that type of correction? Or, are edits limited to grammatical and spelling errors?

2nd Edit: Never mind... I found answers to the above questions by searching the forum. Duh, so sorry. But at least this gives me a chance to say hi to you all. Thanks for the wise and kind advice I have already received in the comments to my stories.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the Madhouse from another 68 year old. Great time of life.
 
Welcome...now what was the question?

Another old timer here...at least you didn't ask THE question. :D :devil:
 
Grin. Thanks for the welcomes.

I am still wondering what category is best suited for my type of dribble, I mean, my glorious contributions. That is, where are most bisexual cuckold stories placed?

Fetish? Exhibitionist and Voyeur? Transsexuals & Crossdressers?

I got married on Valentine's, two days ago, so haven't had a lot of time for research, but I'll try to answer my own question, unless somebody stumbles onto this thread with sage advice. Wink, wink.
 
If they go into 3- or 4- or more-somes, post in Group Sex. All sorts of activities happen there. My GS stories include FM, FF, MM, MMF, FFM, MMFF, FFMM, domination, incest, multiracial-bisexual-incest, fetish, and I'll work-in nonhuman again soon. But no bivalves. Probably. Anyway, throw a bunch of depraved fetishistic duck-fuckers together, let them run wild, and call it Group Sex.
 
Unfortunately, there isn't a real home for Bi-male stories on Lit. In most categories, they tend to perform badly. In others ( such as LW ) they're brutally savaged with 1 votes and some of the nastiest commentary you can imagine.

About the only place M-M sex does well is Gay Male, and I don't think the majority of readers there are especially fond of M-F sex mixing in -- especially in equal parts. They don't seem to abhor it the way the readers of Lesbian Sex do, but it's probably not what they're reading the category for.

I keep hearing that they do okay in Group Sex, though I have no personal reference for that.

One big problem you have is that you've already stirred up the hornet's nest. The anti-cuckold readers in LW are about the most hateful of the bunch, and they tend to follow an author into other categories. If there's a black man in your story, that brings out the worst in them.

Moving the story to another category may not help if you've already been marked by those folks. Once they decide you need to be punished, they can dog you like a student loan rep on a whisky bender.

Another problem is that Laurel tends to default cuckold stories to Loving Wives no matter what category you choose, so an attempted move may not be successful. She could override you and leave it in LW.

Between the way the site is currently set up and the readership tendencies, Lit simply isn't friendly to bi-sexual male and/or cuckold stories.
 
Hypoxia and RejectReality- wow, thank you both so much for sharing your valuable experiences. I have already deleted all four of my submissions, and I hope I can convince Laurel to let me change my username, as well, so I can take one last stab at resubmitting these stories in Group Sex under a new name. I hope most of the anti-cucks in LW don't notice.

It was entirely my fault for rashly submitting in the first place. I hope to find an editor to work with and do my due diligence this time. I would hope my ego doesn't require overwhelming approval here to continue posting, but alas, I eventually may be enticed away to a more receptive story site. I hope not, Literotica is my favorite story site.

Two things would surely help a lot of authors, here.
1) A few more categories, especially those that some love to hate, to protect the haters from their own horrors.
2) A simple ban on hate voting. Three things could be implemented- a) Software to filter out abnormally low votes specific only to a certain story tag from a voter. b) It is obvious in comments what is honest criticism and what is not. Any reader, or at the very least, the author, should be able to report those who are obviously just being spiteful. c) At the very least, Literotica could clearly and loudly express its disapproval of using the voting process to police types of story content. That wouldn't eliminate the problem, but at least it may dampen bragging about it.
 
Two things would surely help a lot of authors, here.
1) A few more categories, especially those that some love to hate, to protect the haters from their own horrors.

I understand the long-term intention is to move the site away from the current category-based setup to something that's based more on tags, so you can filter by whatever tags the authors have bothered to include.

But I don't think it'll help against the LW haters - my impression is that those guys go out of their way to find stuff they hate.

2) A simple ban on hate voting. Three things could be implemented- a) Software to filter out abnormally low votes specific only to a certain story tag from a voter. b) It is obvious in comments what is honest criticism and what is not. Any reader, or at the very least, the author, should be able to report those who are obviously just being spiteful. c) At the very least, Literotica could clearly and loudly express its disapproval of using the voting process to police types of story content. That wouldn't eliminate the problem, but at least it may dampen bragging about it.

(a) - It's possible that some of this is already being done. The site runs occasional "sweeps" intended to remove bad-faith votes, although the criteria for identifying them aren't public. But it can be hard to identify a malicious voter if they're not logged in.

(b) - as an author you can delete comments on your stories if you choose.

(c) - I don't think these guys care.
 
Yep, Bramblethorn, sigh. I guess it's back to the mosh pit of my mind, where I barely have control, but I can pretend to be captain, sometimes.
 
Last edited:
It's interesting to read about people's categorization woes--I have had a few of my own. It's kind of unsettling that each category seems to have really aggressive readers with really aggressive expectations. I found that I've always gotten gloriously positive feedback when I write gay romance, and make it really heartfelt. The one time I tried going a bit kinky with a gay plot, readers initially HATED it. 'Violence' made them sad and disgusted... even though it was consensual BDSM within the confines of a trusting relationship.

I know I could have posted a M/M BDSM story in the BDSM category, but I've seen perfectly decent M/M stories get absolutely torn apart for being posted ANYWHERE other than Gay Male, so I'm afraid to leave my home category, yet also afraid to write things on the more exploratory side.

This leads me to suggest that the category system might have better success if categories such as Gay Male and Lesbian weren't even categories at all--gay and lesbian stories could fit into almost ANY genre. If there were a way of clearly and easily marking every story as MF, MM, FF, MMF, etc., no matter where it was categorized, or of filtering stories based on gender pairings, maybe authors would have an easier time of things, and spiteful readers would be less likely to find themselves reading a story that angers them and be driven to crucifying an author unfairly.

Though I'm sure a new system would have problems of its own, not to mention the fact that most people are harshly resistant to change. Sigh... I guess a guy can always dream of an ideal world.
 
This leads me to suggest that the category system might have better success if categories such as Gay Male and Lesbian weren't even categories at all--gay and lesbian stories could fit into almost ANY genre. If there were a way of clearly and easily marking every story as MF, MM, FF, MMF, etc., no matter where it was categorized, or of filtering stories based on gender pairings, maybe authors would have an easier time of things, and spiteful readers would be less likely to find themselves reading a story that angers them and be driven to crucifying an author unfairly.

Yeah, you're not the only one to wish for that. I've posted F/F romance, F/F horror romance, F/F BDSM, and M/F horror comedy poetry with audio, and any category choice is a compromise. I try to keep tags informative, especially since Laurel's said that they're going to expand the tag search functionality to something similar to what you describe.

On the other hand, I have one story where I never bothered to establish sex/gender for the narrator - I decided to leave that unspecified and let readers assume what they would. Not sure how I'd fit that into M/F type tagging!
 
On the other hand, I have one story where I never bothered to establish sex/gender for the narrator - I decided to leave that unspecified and let readers assume what they would. Not sure how I'd fit that into M/F type tagging!

I'm sure there would have to be 'other' type gender tags, as some people do want to explore gender fluidity, hermaphrodism, even genderlessness.
 
Let's see. You think that stories now being slammed for being MM or MMF when they are put in the GM category are somehow going to be treated more kindly when just thrown in general categories--and, on top of that, when forum threads are regularly posted on wanting every possible nuance of a fetish identified up front or readers will melt from the assault on their delicate systems? Really?
 
Let's see. You think that stories now being slammed for being MM or MMF when they are put in the GM category are somehow going to be treated more kindly when just thrown in general categories--and, on top of that, when forum threads are regularly posted on wanting every possible nuance of a fetish identified up front or readers will melt from the assault on their delicate systems? Really?

I... guess not....? I don't know. I haven't been on the forums long, I'm still learning how things are here.
 
Let's see. You think that stories now being slammed for being MM or MMF when they are put in the GM category are somehow going to be treated more kindly when just thrown in general categories--and, on top of that, when forum threads are regularly posted on wanting every possible nuance of a fetish identified up front or readers will melt from the assault on their delicate systems? Really?

I didn't see anything about stories being slammed for being MM in the GM category - did I miss something? I thought Tam's problem here was about MM/BDSM getting slammed for the BDSM when posted in GM, and for the MM when posted in BDSM.

Yeah, there are some readers who'll go out of their way to find content that offends them and complain about it. I don't think there's any viable way to stop them. But it can't hurt to make it easier for good-faith readers to find stories that suit their tastes.
 
I didn't see anything about stories being slammed for being MM in the GM category - did I miss something? I thought Tam's problem here was about MM/BDSM getting slammed for the BDSM when posted in GM, and for the MM when posted in BDSM.

Yeah, there are some readers who'll go out of their way to find content that offends them and complain about it. I don't think there's any viable way to stop them. But it can't hurt to make it easier for good-faith readers to find stories that suit their tastes.

Apparently you miss that readers come to the GM category just to slam there being MM and MMF stories there, yes. So, if you just throw them into the general categories they're going to be received better? Yes, I think you're missing something.

Everything GM is thrown into the GM category here. There a bazillion categories for straight sex and one and a half for GM, one for lesbian, and none for bisexual. You do the math about the relative separation of themes for the readers.
 
Well, this discussion is certainly above my pay-grade. I bow out now, and simply hope that I get a new user name that isn't 'creamymogur'. I hope that I will get to keep my 2006 user name of 'mogur'. If not, I guess 'sissypantiesgaywannabecumbucket' isn't too shaming. I think I should wear it with pride. NOT.

But continue, my face is the same color as my asshole.
 
If you're planning to start over, all you need to do is create a new pen name and start submitting. The only thing you need is a unique e-mail address. It would be a good idea to get a fresh one anyway.

Also keep in mind that some email services offer aliases -- email addresses that are new, but redirect to an existing account. You'll be able to verify with one of those, and that's all that's required to start a new account on Lit.

I have three pen names myself.
 
Thank you, RejectReality, I am really lame at alternate ids, alternate emails, and I just want to be honest. I know, I cancelled my profile, my submissions, and if literotica allows me a new (or old) id, I will resume my efforts. Thank you for watching out for me. An entirely new id I can do. Does 'not mogur' strike a bell? Or 'cravenoldguy' not make young women cream?

I think not.
 
Back
Top