The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, I seemed to have slept in until eight, even though I went to bed early. Yesterday wore me out. It sucks to get old and not in a good way but the alternatives are worse.

Fresh coffee is available and there be do'nuts, so help yourself.

Yeh.
Pushin' up the daisies is seriously hard work, I reckon.

Following all manner of chaos and problems at my local hospital (so bad that they've changed its name), I have a load of admin bumpf about 'your procedure'.
All very clear, of course, but still it's kinda worrisome; talk about covering their asses !.
Now ask me who forgot to get some white bread today ?

But for now, coffee

This place is quiet today. Not liking old age at all, but not quite ready for the daisy patch either. I have a loaf of bread in the freezer you can have, HP. Bread freezes pretty well as long as I put it on a shelf and not directly on the freezer itself.

This place is quiet today. Not liking old age at all, but not quite ready for the daisy patch either. I have a loaf of bread in the freezer you can have, HP. Bread freezes pretty well as long as I put it on a shelf and not directly on the freezer itself.

Some days I feel like an old woman and some days I feel closer to my middle age status, but I'm always wondering how long I have left. Doctors got me started thinking like that when I was in my late teens and I've never been able to shake it. Ah, well, I've made it this far.

Working hard to compile a book of poetry, searching journals for lost words and writing new stuff.

Some days I feel like an old woman and some days I feel closer to my middle age status, but I'm always wondering how long I have left. Doctors got me started thinking like that when I was in my late teens and I've never been able to shake it. Ah, well, I've made it this far.

Working in ER, I'm a bit fatalistic about that. You do see some sad stuff, especially accidents. I always figure your times up when it's up, live life to the max coz you just never know. And don't worry about it coz you've got better things to do with your thoughts than worry. Like write!!!!!! Me, I want guys reading my stories in a hundred years time and jerking off madly!!!! That'll be my claim to fame. The immortal Chloe. Lol.

This conversation certainly turned to the contemplative side. Feel free, but here, have more coffee.

As the guy who was voted most likely never to live to see 21, I'm 50 years ahead of the game. :)

Three tours in Vietnam taught me that when it is your time, it is your time. Even hiding under the bed won't help, so like Chloe said, do the most you can with what time you have. But then again, I think that might be what got me voted most likely.

Having things to contemplate makes a life well lived.

Okay, fresh coffee is now available and a hot kettle for the ones who want an alternative.

You're right. I learned that the one with your name on it will open three doors, turn a corner, go up a flight of stairs and use a key card to get to you, so you might as well carpe the wretched Diem.

Anyway, is there Irish to go in the coffee? If not, I can bring some.

As the guy who was voted most likely never to live to see 21, I'm 50 years ahead of the game. :)

Three tours in Vietnam taught me that when it is your time, it is your time. Even hiding under the bed won't help, so like Chloe said, do the most you can with what time you have. But then again, I think that might be what got me voted most likely.

Having things to contemplate makes a life well lived.

Okay, fresh coffee is now available and a hot kettle for the ones who want an alternative.

I'm having an early night. Got my entire forty five chapters for Fields of Gold mapped out tonight and I need to write 5.5k words a day to get it done and in for Feb 6. I feel ambitious so I'm going to push myself to get this one done and in. So early start tomorrow writing before I head in to work.

I'm having an early night. Got my entire forty five chapters for Fields of Gold mapped out tonight and I need to write 5.5k words a day to get it done and in for Feb 6. I feel ambitious so I'm going to push myself to get this one done and in. So early start tomorrow writing before I head in to work.

Forty five chapters? Good grief. Good luck with your deadline, I hope you make it. :)

Live life to the fullest, when you get older, you will want to have all those great memories on which to reflect.

Well, I didn't need coffee or a munchkin to keep me up tonight. :rolleyes: Achy legs and a twitchy, snoring husband will do. grumpgrumpgrump

Forty five chapters? Good grief. Good luck with your deadline, I hope you make it. :).

Short chapters. 2k each is the plan. Got to hammer out 3 every morning and then edit them every evening and a lot more this weekend. Starting now. I'd have my fingers crossed but they're doing their warmup now.

You're right. I learned that the one with your name on it will open three doors, turn a corner, go up a flight of stairs and use a key card to get to you, so you might as well carpe the wretched Diem.

Anyway, is there Irish to go in the coffee? If not, I can bring some.

Lppk in the bpttpm shelf at the end of the cpunter. There are left pver bpttles of abput everything. Just be careful with the purple bpttle. It does strange things with ypur pee.

Sorry to here the problems MP. Hot feet are what woke me up.

Chloe, ambitious is one word for 45 chapters even if they are small. Having done something like that a time or two, I can think of several more impolite words. :D Rots of Ruck.

I figure HP will be along shortly so I'll make fresh coffee.

Sorry to here the problems MP. Hot feet are what woke me up.

Chloe, ambitious is one word for 45 chapters even if they are small. Having done something like that a time or two, I can think of several more impolite words. :D Rots of Ruck.

I figure HP will be along shortly so I'll make fresh coffee.

I'll drink that coffee. And snoring!!!!! Grrrrrr. We have that one down - he snores and wakes me - I kick him - he rolls over. Everyone goes back to sleep.

Rots of ruck, Tex? I rucking need it. It's a huge rucking challenge. I'm rucking crazy. But hey, why not. I really want to write this one and if it works, that's great. If not, it's a good start.

Chloe, you're talking to the guy that can't write a short story. The first thing I ever wrote was twenty chapters and somewhere between 90 and 100k words. The rough version is posted here under, Sweet and Spicy Horny Toads Ch. 01

Novels are easy to a storyteller. Not so much for an actual writer. ;)

Sorry I'm late.
Medicines can take a while to work.

Wonderful, ain't it ? A nice sunny day, not too cold, and I'm stuck with being not far from the bathroom. Very restricted diet (if anything) for the next 24 hours.
Still, at least it ain't painful. . .

But for now, can I have a glass of Orange juice please ?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late.

Wonderful, ain't it ? A nice sunny day, not too cold, and I'm stuck with being not far from the bathroom. Very restricted diet (if anything) for the next 24 hours.
Still, at leawst it ain't painful. . .

But for now, can I have a glass of Orange juice please ?

Orange Juice? With or without Vodka? ;)

Glad to hear everything is going smoothly. I hope everything comes out the same way.

Orange Juice? With or without Vodka? ;)

Glad to hear everything is going smoothly. I hope everything comes out the same way.

Departure wasn't as uncomfortable as I'd feared.
Can I have that Vodka in about 24 hours please ?
Meanwhile, I think I'm permitted a boiled egg. . .<groan>
:)

Tex, do you remember what the maximum nose up and nose down pitch is for a Cobra, by the book? For the Kiowa I know it's 30%.

Tex, do you remember what the maximum nose up and nose down pitch is for a Cobra, by the book? For the Kiowa I know it's 30%.

Uh, do you know how long ago that was? Not the exact number off the top of my head but the seat of my pants says 30 degrees is about right. That is is you're not on an attack run with the nose turret gun firing. Then all bets are off.

Uh, do you know how long ago that was? Not the exact number off the top of my head but the seat of my pants says 30 degrees is about right. That is is you're not on an attack run with the nose turret gun firing. Then all bets are off.

Yep, and thx a million. I was just writing the chapter where Stella is at an air show and she gets taken on A ride in an old Cobra and Pilot was in Vietnam in 1970 and he takes her on a simulated close combat attack run and she loves it but she's watching the instruments and he goes over the recommended pitch and do not exceed speed. She knows all the specs. Unfortunately I don't. I have no books on cobras and the chapter inserted itself this morning coz my character has decided to learn to fly.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late.
Ah yes, when they DO work...

Same with procedures. I just had another cardiac jumpstart. The last one worked less than two weeks. Different meds now, and the docs promise it'll last longer and if it does, then I'm eligible for an invasive procedure.

But at least I'm allowed coffee. Will a quadruple espresso motivate me?

Meanwhile, we had a splash of snow overnight, so I can finally announce the arrival of winter. Jan and Feb are usually the snowy months up here. A couple years back we were snowed in for a week and then snowed out for a week, with 30-foot drifts around our place. Last year featured the atmospheric river that almost caused a massive dam failure. This year? We've only just begun.

[cue the zither chorus]

Yep, and thx a million. I was just writing the chapter where Stella is at an air show and she gets taken on A ride in an old Cobra and Pilot was in Vietnam in 1970 and he takes her on a simulated close combat attack run and she loves it but she's watching the instruments and he goes over the recommended pitch and do not exceed speed. She knows all the specs. Unfortunately I don't. I have no books on cobras and the chapter inserted itself this morning coz my character has decided to learn to fly.

A quick look has revealed the following:-
AH 1 COBRA ATTACK HELICOPTER PILOT S FLIGHT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
http://www.femdocs.net/ah-1-cobra-attack-helicopter-pilot-s-flight-operating-instructions/

Any use ?

Ah yes, when they DO work...

Same with procedures. I just had another cardiac jumpstart. The last one worked less than two weeks. Different meds now, and the docs promise it'll last longer and if it does, then I'm eligible for an invasive procedure.

But at least I'm allowed coffee. Will a quadruple espresso motivate me?

Meanwhile, we had a splash of snow overnight, so I can finally announce the arrival of winter. Jan and Feb are usually the snowy months up here. A couple years back we were snowed in for a week and then snowed out for a week, with 30-foot drifts around our place. Last year featured the atmospheric river that almost caused a massive dam failure. This year? We've only just begun.

[cue the zither chorus]

Fingers crossed, mate.

I'm looking forward to getting home afterwards; I think a trip to the local Chip shop is indicated. I could just do with one now, let alone tomorrow !

It's been dead boring having nothing but water or orange juice today.

A quick look has revealed the following:-
AH 1 COBRA ATTACK HELICOPTER PILOT S FLIGHT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
http://www.femdocs.net/ah-1-cobra-attack-helicopter-pilot-s-flight-operating-instructions/

Any use ?.

Definitely. and thx :rose: That's two manuals I have now and that chapter is now done. I saw some Apache manuals there too. My beloved also dug up a couple of books of his on helicopter units in Vietnam so there's some Cobra stuff there that was useful - and I have three Apache books now.

Now Stella's learning to fly in an old Cessna and then a small civilian helicopter. So today was writing 2 chapters that weren't in my original plan. I hit my 5k words for the day but I'm not any further ahead. :eek: - have to write harder tomorrow and over the weekend to catch up.

I have to figure out where to post this when it's done. It's definitely a lot lower on the sex as a % of the story than any of my others. Altho there's still a lot of sex. But the action/battle sequence at the end is great. I think. IMHO of course. LOL.

30 degrees was right according to the manual. I'm going to have to go to an Air Show now and look at one. Not sure about going for a ride though.

Last edited:
I'll drink that coffee. And snoring!!!!! Grrrrrr. We have that one down - he snores and wakes me - I kick him - he rolls over. Everyone goes back to sleep.

Hahaha. I may try that. Scrabble board this morning suggested "divorced" but I got it on the triple word square AND used all my letters for an extra fifty points. Think I'll try "Roll over, roll over, ROLL OVER!" first. :rolleyes:

Hahaha. I may try that. Scrabble board this morning suggested "divorced" but I got it on the triple word square AND used all my letters for an extra fifty points. Think I'll try "Roll over, roll over, ROLL OVER!" first. :rolleyes:

Maybe a knee against his kidneys and a big nudge.

Or a bed with an adjustable frame. We have a Sleep Number beds. It's amazing how tipping the head of the bed up a little gets rid of a lot of snoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back