Another "family values" Republican killing those values

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
This is becoming somewhat cliche but, a Pennsylvania congressman who used taxpayer money to settle a former aide's sexual harassment charges abruptly resigned from Congress on Friday.

Patrick Meehan, another Republican, those staunch supporters of "family values"such as homophobia, racism and misogyny, has called it quits after it was revealed he used taxpayer money to pay off a sexual harassment claim. He was already planning not to seek re-election this fall but called it quits on Friday.

The $39,000 he used from his House office account as a severance payment to help settle the woman's allegations against him was quite modest compared to the money the con artist spent to keep Stormy Daniels quiet about their affair.

By leaving now, Meehan will avoid a House Ethics Committee investigation and was in the best interest of constituents and would spare his staff and taxpayers the "rigors" and expense of an investigation .

"I did not want to leave with any question of violating the trust of taxpayers," Meehan wrote.

Hypocritical weasel words if ever there were.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-congressman-who-called-aide-soul-mate-resigns/
 
This is becoming somewhat cliche but, a Pennsylvania congressman who used taxpayer money to settle a former aide's sexual harassment charges abruptly resigned from Congress on Friday.
We know that whatever words spew from Tromp's tongue or tweety-finger are the opposite of reality.

We know that whatever moral values conservative politicians espouse are the opposite of their deeds.

I'm not sure what values liberal politicians share so it's harder to evaluate their likely hypocrisies.

But looking at lists of political sexual scandals of the last few decades, conservatives predominate.

An old joke: Smart girls date Democrats but marry Republicans. Are the divorce settlements better?
 
Back
Top