A Fair Trial?

FEELINGLUCKYPUNK

Loves Spam
My nephew got 15 months prison time for killing a rapist. The initial charge was Murder One but I figured it would drop to Manslaughter, and it did. He kicked the rapist to death after the guy was off the woman. The woman screamed for help but a scream isn't like winning the lottery. He's a large man former football player.

I think my nephew did okay with the plea deal.

It's more likely you're just making it up to mess with the board and get a rise, James. Don't you have anything better to do around your trailer park?

My nephew got 15 months prison time for killing a rapist. The initial charge was Murder One but I figured it would drop to Manslaughter, and it did. He kicked the rapist to death after the guy was off the woman. The woman screamed for help but a scream isn't like winning the lottery. He's a large man former football player.

I think my nephew did okay with the plea deal.

Some people would say your nephew lynched the other guy. :eek:

Some people would say your nephew lynched the other guy. :eek:

And some would say is a hero. The rapist doesn't get to rape anymore. I'd say that is an overall good thing.

No good deed goes unpunished. And even the most vile criminal has "rights". What rights did his victims have?

In this state rape is sexual battery. Its legal to kill the rapist or appeal to a good Samaritan to kill the rapist. Prosecutors hate the law and try to nullify it; jurors rarely convict good Samaritans of murder. In my nephews case the prosecutor delayed the trial too long. A speedy trial is a right. The rape victim made a statement but vanished. Time to fish or cut bait, and time ran out.

You have to invoke your right to a speedy trial. Defendants often waive it at the advice of their lawyers.

Back