Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slept like shit last night. Tossing, turning, and apparently screaming in my sleep, according to my mother.

I slept like shit last night. Tossing, turning, and apparently screaming in my sleep, according to my mother.

Slept like shit...tossing...screaming...according to your mother...

Nope, not going to comment on that sentence. I don't swing at the easy pitches. :)

-V

Cross your collective fingers tomorrow, please, folks.
I'm being Inspected by my Consultant to see if I am still clear.

I'd really like to be done Christmas shopping ... and sorting ... I was out today longer than I meant to be and now I have to re-sort the presents again. Sigh.

My wife is seriously annoyed.

Last night she was working late on Family History research. When she closed her laptop down there were 128 updates on Windows 7.

She watched it for two hours until it appeared to stick on update 102. She went to bed and left her laptop switched on. It had finished by this morning but took half an hour to 'reconfigure'.

I'm going to close down my desktop when I go out shopping - just in case I have 128 updates too.

Last night she was working late on Family History research. When she closed her laptop down there were 128 updates on Windows 7.

She watched it for two hours until it appeared to stick on update 102. She went to bed and left her laptop switched on. It had finished by this morning but took half an hour to 'reconfigure'.

I'm going to close down my desktop when I go out shopping - just in case I have 128 updates too.

Maybe the Sony hack showed some more of the holes in Windblows.

Seasoning makes all the difference with beef, in the past I used limited seasoning on beef, no more. It just brings out the flavour especially in ground chuck.

The second PC, configured for windows in the back room is always on (for a charitable purpose) had a similar experience. I hate the "don't close, your system needs updating" notice, but there is a way of specifying when this takes place. Then you can leave the damned thing alone and retire peacefully.

I understand it's in the Caribbean.
I seem to remember something about missiles a year or three ago, though . . .

I remember that too well. I was sitting in a Defence establishment having just learned that my role was to sit on top of a tall tower and record where the nuclear bombs were falling.

I was considered expendable, as the newest and least trained officer. :(

The real problem?

My tower was at ground zero of one of the most significant targets in the UK.

I remember that too well. I was sitting in a Defence establishment having just learned that my role was to sit on top of a tall tower and record where the nuclear bombs were falling.

I was considered expendable, as the newest and least trained officer. :(

The real problem?

My tower was at ground zero of one of the most significant targets in the UK.

Ah. There's always a bit of a problem, at such times.
But you get used to it, I guess.

I'm not...Office Xmas party and I ate like I had three assholes.

Since I don't, I am horrified when in 12-24 hours that the three subsequent trenchers of food will convene on my singular asshole and overwhelm it.

-V

I'm not...Office Xmas party and I ate like I had three assholes.

Since I don't, I am horrified when in 12-24 hours that the three subsequent trenchers of food will convene on my singular asshole and overwhelm it.

-V

Oh, the horror....:D

Been there, done that...or should I say pooped that. :rolleyes:

Anyway,

Jingle Bell Jingle Bell
Santa is on the way
Hope 2015 isn't hell
But happy & gay.

Signed

Bard Rapster.

:cool:

Status