a picture you wish you could do justice to as a poem

The Metronome Drawing

attachment.php

It is so special to me, I can't find the words.

I really like this thread, thanks for starting it.

the pic I'd add would be my av. it's Sandbridge Beach, VA at sunrise.

I really like this thread, thanks for starting it.

the pic I'd add would be my av. it's Sandbridge Beach, VA at sunrise.

you're welcome :)

maybe some of these pictures will inspire new writes - who knows?
a lovely avatar!

Was at the Grand Cathedral today. Tears sprang for the beauty of it and I emerged much humbled. Don't think I could ever manage a poem on it--the scope is just too big. (Wonderful idea for a thread, Ms. Chips.)

Last edited:
I like this one.
Thanks. I am trying to find the words that fit, but I want perfection in the execution. I can't find the words. Something that includes: metronome, primary pacemaker, drum beats, heart beats, need, existence. Something that relates to the unthinkable tick tock of love and cardiac conduction and music. I just can't whirl it all together yet.

IMHO it's needs to be ultra simple or with crisp concise words not in anyway cluttered

Last edited:
Was at the Grand Cathedral today. Tears sprang for the beauty of it and I emerged much humbled. Don't think I could ever manage a poem on it--the scope is just too big. (Wonderful idea for a thread, Ms. Chips.)

it has a vaulting majesty hard to do anything with other than attempt to absorb. fab architecture :)

It is, pity it's not hear the house! I have a hundred foot garden and that's near the bottom will have to take a cutting (which is how that started!) and plant nearer to the house
good idea!

most the stuff in mine's from cuttings. my big elderberry was a half ripped off slender branch once, from a field. i 'rescued' it and stuck it in the ground. now the starlings flock to it each autumn before migration. they make a hell of a racket :D

it has a vaulting majesty hard to do anything with other than attempt to absorb. fab architecture :)
I felt the same in Instanbul. The morning light close to the Bosphorus is amazing. Clear of the wood smoke that haunts the inner city, by the Grand Bazaar, it leaves the sultan's palace and the blue mosque standing against such gorgeous colours. No pics to share of it, but I'm sure you can google ...

:)

Thanks. I am trying to find the words that fit, but I want perfection in the execution. I can't find the words. Something that includes: metronome, primary pacemaker, drum beats, heart beats, need, existence. Something that relates to the unthinkable tick tock of love and cardiac conduction and music. I just can't whirl it all together yet.

One of my takes:

Fast or slow,
her heartbeat offers
the pace of my love,
the rhythm of my soul.
Not a clock tick-tocking
time away.
A metronome
offering time,
consistent and timeless.
Timeless in the moment
when bodies intertwined