Love is...

“Good morning, on July 7

Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us - I can live only wholly with you or not at all - Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits - Yes, unhappily it must be so - You will be the more contained since you know my fidelity to you. No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never - Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves. And yet my life in V is now a wretched life - Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men - At my age I need a steady, quiet life - can that be so in our connection? My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day - therefore I must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once - Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together - Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
ever thine
ever mine
ever ours.”

— Ludwig can Beethoven
 

47303-Love-Is-Tender.jpg
 
"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell."

Joan Crawford
 
Love is knowing that even if you never see them again, your world is better just because they're in it.
 
I think that love is being there for the one that you hold in your heart. Above all else. Always being there for them
 
Love is picking up the slack and doing 70%/30% when needed...and knowing it will be returned. :heart:
 
Love is being the bridge when someone needs one to cross deep waters.
Love is being the hand that reaches out, even if it's refused.
Love is when you give of yourself knowing you won't get the same in return.
 
Back
Top