Litiquette IV

Which of the following is the most likely reason you post in a thread

  • Thread title

    Votes: 36 14.5%
  • Thread topic

    Votes: 141 56.9%
  • Who recently posted

    Votes: 22 8.9%
  • What was recently posted

    Votes: 44 17.7%
  • Who the OP is

    Votes: 5 2.0%

  • Total voters
    248
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

tumblr_nrxcsgSQEN1r90377o1_500.gif
 
Ah-hah! That's why you're all having tons and tons of bad sex with weird fruit and upside down pizzas.

Problem solved. Put down the doobs, everyone. :cool:
Au contraire, mon ami… high sex is not bad sex. Not the way I do it anyways. ;) :p :nana:
 
&$%#@! I want a cigarette. I just quit, like, two months ago. It still looks...so....good....



I've done *extensive* research on this topic and have concluded that sober sex is best. Several trials, replication studies, large random sample, meta-analyses, etc. The math is solid.
Liar pants.
 
If high doesn't include booze then I have no background
Another cherry to lose someday

And the convo returns to fruit!!

And you guys say no food in the bedroom. Clearly there are inconsistencies here.

*eats her succulent watermelon chunks atop her pillowy mattress*
 
I'll step in as ring leader here while Chained is still on his James Bond secret mission.

Quality over quantity. Do you follow this rule of thumb in everything you purchase or just certain items? And do you think it holds true, the more you pay for something, the quality increases along with the price? Anything you refuse to buy as you feel you're just paying for their brand name?
 
I'll step in as ring leader here while Chained is still on his James Bond secret mission.

Quality over quantity. Do you follow this rule of thumb in everything you purchase or just certain items? And do you think it holds true, the more you pay for something, the quality increases along with the price? Anything you refuse to buy as you feel you're just paying for their brand name?

Once upon a time I used to be anti name brand everything. When I became a mother I vowed they wouldn't be walking adverts for companies ..However. ..After my first child...after buying a dozen or more pairs of non name brand shoes because she wore through them, my kids now wear name brand shoes. I pay more...they last longer.
Clothing. ..it depends.
Things I refuse to pay for...an Eddie Bauer stroller or car seat.
I like no name chips but I need name brand soup.
 
Last edited:
Quality means materials and how well made rather than the name stitched to it. Some things it matters, others it doesn't.
 
I'll step in as ring leader here while Chained is still on his James Bond secret mission.

Quality over quantity. Do you follow this rule of thumb in everything you purchase or just certain items? And do you think it holds true, the more you pay for something, the quality increases along with the price? Anything you refuse to buy as you feel you're just paying for their brand name?

Quality definitely over quantity. I don't much care for cheaply done things. Now I also know, that there are many times where something made cheap, is cheap, will serve well enough for a project in mind. I'm not so stuck up. Really just depends on what we are talking about.

Price MAY be an indicator of quality, but not always. Smart phones are great for looking these things up on the fly.

I refuse to buy anything NFL for myself. It's hugely outrageously overpriced and does nothing for me. I'll watch football. But no. Last NFL anything I bought was a jersey that I got autographed at some function. That shirt I donated to our church's annual auction.
 
Oh look, the OP answered the question. :D

I'm have mixed thoughts on this theory.
Yes, more times then not, the more you pay for something, the higher the quality. But there's also a point where I draw the line and feel I'm paying more for the Brand name and marketing campaign then the quality of the product(s) itself.
I'm not sure I'd ever buy a high end boutique purse or handbag. Yes I'm sure the quality is outstanding, but how outstanding. And my tastes change from year to year. I'm still on the fence on this.

Timeless designs in clothes and coats, exercise wear and original art, yes I'll pick quality. Seasonal wear for the everyday grind of life, not too concerned if it doesn't last a few seasons, quantity most times.
 
Last edited:
Quality over quantity, always. Price isn't always an indicator of quality though.

For example, an HP computer is expensive because you are paying for the research and innovation. An ACER with the same specs will provide the same function for less, because they are just building what others have created. I'd buy the cheaper one any day.

When it comes to fashion, I am very practical. Sneakers and boots, I go brand name. They really do last longer. Clothes for me don't always need to be name brand. My philosophy is: staples are name brand, trendy comes cheap. If it's something timeless that I will wear for several years, I spend extra for quality and brand. If it's something that's likely to go out of style before it's worn out, I buy cheap.

I'd pay full price for name brand ketchup, mustard, and peanut butter no matter what it cost. Some things I'm not willing to sacrifice. ;)
 
Quality over quantity. Most of the time, at least. Quality means value in my mind, rather that trendy or status items.

Food: I’m picky about. Organic, pasture raised, good quality local. I pay high for quality food.

Clothes: Up and down. If going through a work at home period I am a quantity girl. Stuff like, Marshalls or TJ Max. Off the sale racks. :D

If not holed up at home I’m more interested in quality. Shoes. Shoes I am wildly picky about. Louboutin, for instance. Sexy as hell to look at, but uncomfortable, and shoddily made, IMO. I will never own a pair. But I will happily pay more for less a less recognizable brand.

< For example, an HP computer is expensive because you are paying for the research and innovation. An ACER with the same specs will provide the same function for less, because they are just building what others have created. I'd buy the cheaper one any day. >

I’ll do the same in some instances, though I’ll also pay more for some brands because I want to support the initial investment in research. The same for small companies and specialty purveyors.
 
I don't have time at this exact moment to post an answer? But for the record SMN looks good behind the wheel today ;)

Speaking of quality...

18e64034113a63690018aa846d115e04.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top