Considering becoming a volunteer editor

aliaspink04

Virgin
Hello everyone. I recently started exploring this website and I feel so far it could provide a positive outlet for the erotic energy my imagination produces, which if pent up tends to distract me from other writing and personal goals I have.

I am curious to hear from any other volunteer editors, or those who have used the editing service, for reflections on experiences whether good or bad.

I've written some of my own amateur erotica, and while this has proven helpful in "letting the steam out," I also find the idea of helping others with their work and being part of the editing process in this particular genre as a whole to be full of potential satisfaction, and beneficial to my often cluttered mind.

I look forward to any feedback, and to possibly working on some of the stimulating pieces other writers are concocting.

-Alias Pink

Hello everyone. I recently started exploring this website and I feel so far it could provide a positive outlet for the erotic energy my imagination produces, which if pent up tends to distract me from other writing and personal goals I have.

I am curious to hear from any other volunteer editors, or those who have used the editing service, for reflections on experiences whether good or bad.

I've written some of my own amateur erotica, and while this has proven helpful in "letting the steam out," I also find the idea of helping others with their work and being part of the editing process in this particular genre as a whole to be full of potential satisfaction, and beneficial to my often cluttered mind.

I look forward to any feedback, and to possibly working on some of the stimulating pieces other writers are concocting.

-Alias Pink

You write shit. Come back when you know what youre doing.

And some forum backbiters go after me for not being diplomatic enough for them. Guess JBJ doesn't scope on their agendas. :rolleyes:

Have you been living under a rock? JBJ catches more hell than you ever have, you just piss and moan more :)

As for the OP, just volunteer and see how it goes.

Have you been living under a rock? JBJ catches more hell than you ever have, you just piss and moan more :)

As for the OP, just volunteer and see how it goes.

So, you deduced that on the time it took to post 24 times to the forum? (It's untrue anyway) Wonder who's cowardly alt has been dusted off to produce you. :rolleyes:

You certainly are an parasitic drone, aren't you? 13 years here, with 24 forum posts, and not a single story to your credit.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=164237&page=submissions

And no evidence you've read any stories here either.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=164237&page=favorites

Last edited:
more pissing and moaning . . . .

Still no answer for the OP? Just another pilot hijack :D

P.S. My number of posts has nothing to do with my reading skills there buddy. I've read years and years of your bullshit.

You certainly are an editor, you edit almost every post you make. I have plenty posted here, but now you can't 1 bomb me, can you :)

Fun that you would dare talk about helping anyone with anything on the forum. :D

As was being polite in not responding to the OP question, as anyone who actually has followed my posts knows that I think the VE program doesn't deliver what it advertises and should be killed (but I guess it helps make advertisers think more construction services are going on here than there are).

You certainly are an editor, you edit almost every post you make. I have plenty posted here, but now you can't 1 bomb me, can you :)

In contrast, I'm up front with my stories, so who, again, is the spineless coward? (even if what you claim is true--which still makes you an alt to make personal attacks convenient, doesn't it?) ;)

Nope, you chose to become the topic. And I responded to the topic--more than you did. So, I'm happy to wait for you to come out from behind your cowardly alt for anything further. I'll just put this alt on ignore. I looked at your message history. As surmised, you've provided no help to anyone, so you're not a loss.

The fun thing is that you just disproved your claim by your own posts--that JBJ gets attacked more than I do on the forum. :D

Yup, that's pilot alright. He claims to put you on ignore, and then he's up in your shit the next day, LOL. I told you I was here long before you Ass hat.

Now, as for the OP? Pilot will give you some boring speech about being vetted and how he's the only one vetted. If he had it his way, we'd have zero editors.

My opinion, just volunteer, because a little help is better than no help at all.

As for JBJ? He knows exactly what he is, and he's never played the poor misunderstood like pilot does. Pilots a chronic liar that can't be trusted. :)

Yup, that's pilot alright. He claims to put you on ignore, and then he's up in your shit the next day, LOL. I told you I was here long before you Ass hat.

Now, as for the OP? Pilot will give you some boring speech about being vetted and how he's the only one vetted. If he had it his way, we'd have zero editors.

My opinion, just volunteer, because a little help is better than no help at all.

As for JBJ? He knows exactly what he is, and he's never played the poor misunderstood like pilot does. Pilots a chronic liar that can't be trusted. :)

In the store today I unloaded on a piece of shit with her shopping cart. The manager says, YOU CANT TREAT OUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT. I said, I JUST DID.

Enjoy
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1171595

Thanks, people, for evidencing my point in post #3 while giving the outrageous post #2 a pass. Nothing like proving a point by example. :D

So after all that, do you think the OP is still interested in being an editor around here?

You guys aren't very helpful sometimes.

Thanks, people, for evidencing my point in post #3 while giving the outrageous post #2 a pass. Nothing like proving a point by example. :D

Six posts in this thread, and not a single bit of help to the OP. Wow, you really proved how helpful you are :D

Well at least I posted to the original question, too bad pilot has to derail every fucking thread he shows up in. It's been that way since he got here, and almost everyone is tired of it.

Six posts in this thread, and not a single bit of help to the OP. Wow, you really proved how helpful you are :D

Well at least I posted to the original question, too bad pilot has to derail every fucking thread he shows up in. It's been that way since he got here, and almost everyone is tired of it.

He does have an amazing ability to make every thread about him, doesn't he?

As internet trolls go, he a grand master.

He does have an amazing ability to make every thread about him, doesn't he?

As internet trolls go, he a grand master.

Wait, you can't reply to this, you don't have enough posts yet, and you certainly haven't been here long enough. You need 36,000 posts before your opinion matters. It doesn't matter if they're helpful posts, just troll away . . . .

...I am curious to hear from any other volunteer editors, or those who have used the editing service, for reflections on experiences whether good or bad.

-Alias Pink

Just hang your editing shingle on the VE list. That should be enough. If it isn't, go to the monthly VE thread and comment that you want to edit. State your preferred categories.

I've gotten editing requests through the VE list and commenting on posts. The most important thing is editing what you're comfortable with and in the categories you enjoy reading. For example, I enjoy editing for Lovecraft, but his femdom stories taught me that, no, I don't enjoy editing lesbian stories. I tried to explain it to him. Finally, I said, "How often do you read GM stories?" He doesn't. Well, he didn't then anyway.

I'm impressed. Didn't know Pilot had his own vanity thread on the GB. I had noticed that he was commenting over there lately. :) I remember my first vanity thread on the GB. Those were the days. :rolleyes: Now, I'm pretty much ignored over there, which is kind of nice in a way. But I'm not on Lit that much these days anyways.

:rose:

In contrast, I'm up front with my stories, so who, again, is the spineless coward? (even if what you claim is true--which still makes you an alt to make personal attacks convenient, doesn't it?) ;)

And by the way, you've claimed more than a few times that you have alts for other genres, so why keep them secret? Because you're either lying, or you're scared they'll get bombed like your GM stuff supposedly does.

So, when you quit hiding, maybe I will :)

Wait, you can't reply to this, you don't have enough posts yet, and you certainly haven't been here long enough. You need 36,000 posts before your opinion matters. It doesn't matter if they're helpful posts, just troll away . . . .

Hey! I have six stories posted with a combined 750K views. I'm far from "an parasitic drone", as our resident English major put it.

Hey! I have six stories posted with a combined 750K views. I'm far from "an parasitic drone", as our resident English major put it.

It's quantity over quality AZ . . . oh wait, that's pilot. Whew, you got it right, QUALITY over quantity :) Loved the Mom poses story :)

So after all that, do you think the OP is still interested in being an editor around here?

You guys aren't very helpful sometimes.

The average person hears YOU SUCK something like 333,333 times during their life. Its not nearly enough. A million oughta have some real impact on us. I blame the cheap plastic trophies we get from China. Go take a shit and you get a trophy.

Reminder

The Editor’s Forum is for authors and editors to discuss issues related to editing stories. People are forgetting this. It's not a place for personal arguments, attacks, or discussions not related to editing stories.

Therefore, beginning November 15, 2012, the following threads will be moved to a more suitable forum.

• any new off-topic threads

• any old threads bumped that do not discuss editing

• any threads that become more than 50% off-topic

Back