The New Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suck at buying shoes.

Or more specifically: I suck at buying shoes that I need. I'm really good at buying shoes that I want, and which I can barely use at the moment what with my broken toe and icy streets.
 
I just found out this morning that an old friend had passed away last summer. We were once upon a time inseparable. Then I moved away, then she did but we remained close travelling to each other homes by train or bus up through college. We lost track of each other but recently reconnected on FB. She wasn't very active and well...we both let life get in the way and never made the effort to really reconnect.

I went to search for her this morning and saw her obit on her FB page posted by her brother.

Last year 3 friends of mine that I knew from school days passed away. All at the age of 50.

That is way too young.
 
This caused a bit of a chuckle. I had just paid for a colonoscopy prep kit for tomorrow's adventure in medical back-door exploration. Out of habit, no doubt, the pharmacist hands me the super-laxative and says, "Okay, have a great day." Uh huh. Not bloody likely.
 
Sure. Here.

Right there, under the industrial barrels of medium salsa, the 4,000-count box of screen wipes, and the 10-lb. box of fresh hope.


Great...after the crapload of guilt/angst/dismissal I just received (health will be the excuse), this will be a cake-walk! (Do people still say that? lol)
Thanks, Deeege
;)
 
So, Wednesday is my next colonoscopy. They're looking to see if the precancer has spread. Prayers, please.
 
So one can't just be a vegan who drinks? Who in their right mind would want to be a vegan under these conditions?

Do vegans consider yeast/microorganisms to be animals? Biologically they aren't. If there's an objection to fungi, they can't eat risen bread or mushrooms either :[

Meats me. *shrug*

So, Wednesday is my next colonoscopy. They're looking to see if the precancer has spread. Prayers, please.

Sending you my good thoughts. :rose:
 
Last edited:
Great...after the crapload of guilt/angst/dismissal I just received (health will be the excuse), this will be a cake-walk! (Do people still say that? lol)
Thanks, Deeege
;)

I don't know what this means except that cake is good and so is walking. If life gives you lemons, why not walk to some cake, and maybe throw the lemons at whoever is behind you who gave you the lemons?
 
If you ever need to drop a letter into a mailbox and find yourself thinking that hmm, the mailbox is so close that you don't need to get all bundled up to make the trip there and back...stop and think again. Or at least triple check you have your keys and/or phone with you.

-15C/5F and a heck of a wind vs. me in jeans, a gardigan over a t-shirt and sneakers without socks.

Guess who won?
 
lemon cake?

and sure, people still say "cake walk"... but few youngsters know what a cake walk is or was anymore. Like so many other things; it's just a vestigial figure of speech now, kept around by movies & media.

I'm gonna take a crack at "cake walk." Is that the game kind of like musical chairs where the winner gets their choice of a cake? Or am I wrong?
To Google I go. ;)
 
that's a pretty avid description of the dumbed down version we played when I was in sunday school.

only nobody really lost, some people just got to eat their cake first while everyone else stared at them.

I take that back. It was sunday school. we all lost.

When I used to show horses, there was a small local show that did a horseback cake walk during the mid-show intermission. They'd usually have 5-10 cakes to give away and a whole ring full of people playing. I never won a cake that way, but it was fun. :)
 
that's a pretty avid description of the dumbed down version we played when I was in sunday school.

only nobody really lost, some people just got to eat their cake first while everyone else stared at them.

I take that back. It was sunday school. we all lost.

Oh I see. Well I don't feel as bad about myself then. :)
 
Sending you my good thoughts. :rose:

You got it.

:rose:

:: Double-checks that the Gracie antenna is max-powered up ::

Affirmative! :heart: :rose:

Good thoughts from me too.

Thinking of you, Gracie. Keep smiling. :rose:

Thank you, everyone. The procedure was uneventful (other than an extremely itchy nose and nurses keeping me from itching it, cause I was evidently clawing holes in my face). All the biopsies have to go through the lab before we know anything, so now we just sit and wait. The good news I got was that they might be able to just remove that section - depending on several factors. I'll take the removal of a section over the removal of the whole dang colon anyday, so ...

:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top