The New Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the color pink, especially on women. But I hate hate HATE the stupid bullshit idea of "boy" colors and "girl" colors.

And 'boy' clothes and 'girl' clothes. Why is it that you can buy sweatpants or cargo shorts for boys that allow them to run or climb things but the equivalent items in the girls section are so tight that they can't do either?

And 'boy' clothes and 'girl' clothes. Why is it that you can buy sweatpants or cargo shorts for boys that allow them to run or climb things but the equivalent items in the girls section are so tight that they can't do either?

Because patriarchy.

Me too! I still really reject the color pink. My favorite color has always been blue. My mother would tell you my favorite color was purple but it was just the sneaky compromise to be closer to blue and away from pink.

My favorite color has been green since I can remember. :) But you'd think it was pink or purple based on the colors I was surrounded with.

Your colour preferences are completely valid.

I, on the other hand, adore pink. A clear, light pink not only makes me very happy to see, it also happens to make me look good. My skin looks great with pink.

I suffer from reverse discrimination where I'm told that I only like pink because I've been conditioned to like it from birth, that pink is ONLY for little girls, not grown women, that's it's somehow a betrayal of any feminist principles and that it's juvenile of me.

WTH? To me, it's a colour, not a political choice.

I think if something as simple as a colour makes me happy, I should be free to indulge myself with it. It has no calories, isn't addictive, doesn't cause hearing loss or have harmful side effects.

Like my other beliefs, I won't tell you that you should like pink simply because I do. Just leave me and my pink-craving self be. Or better yet, buy me something pink for my birthday. :cattail:

I would never tell someone that their color preference was somehow invalid. I hated the color as a child, but tolerate it and wear it now. Pink looks good on me, but I only wear it in accessories.

This is why I wore ill fitting or boys clothes. More often than not you could find me in a tree.

I would never tell someone that their color preference was somehow invalid. I hated the color as a child, but tolerate it and wear it now. Pink looks good on me, but I only wear it in accessories.

Right?!

Your preferences are your preferences. It isn't up to me (or anyone else) to make them 'right'. :rolleyes:

This is why I wore ill fitting or boys clothes. More often than not you could find me in a tree.

Me too. Fortunately, baggy denim overalls were fashionable and allowed me to run, jump and climb. :)

Maybe because if we wore the same clothes to the childhood race many of the little boys waiting to catch up to their taller female peers would likely be wearing dusty pink cheeks?

Me too. Fortunately, baggy denim overalls were fashionable and allowed me to run, jump and climb. :)

Yes! Man, I totally cute rocked my denim overalls. :)

Last edited:
Maybe because if we wore the same clothes to the childhood race many of the little boys waiting to catch up to their taller female peers would likely be wearing dusty pink cheeks?

Yes! Man, I totally cute rocked my denim overalls. :)

Which would be considered an insult, now, because it reeks of femininity....it wasn't always so.

The Smithsonian has an article that says pink was once considered more appropriate for boys

"For example, a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” Other sources said blue was flattering for blonds, pink for brunettes; or blue was for blue-eyed babies, pink for brown-eyed babies, according to Paoletti."

Which would be considered an insult, now, because it reeks of femininity....it wasn't always so.

The Smithsonian has an article that says pink was once considered more appropriate for boys

"For example, a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” Other sources said blue was flattering for blonds, pink for brunettes; or blue was for blue-eyed babies, pink for brown-eyed babies, according to Paoletti."

I don't mind other womenfolk wearing pink but I grumble at men in pink regardless of orientation.

The latter source still had me doomed to be painted pink. *sigh*.

Makes me wonder what society would look like if gender were held a secret until the child human reached an older age. As if their is actually any appropriateness to the world knowing what is hidden and later nearly shame wrapped in diapers. All children treated green until the child declares their gender and favorite color. Give them a chance to find their voice, feel their skin, and know their uniqueness before being forced into the discriminating and divisive pink and blue buckets.

Just curious if "It's a human!" instead of "It's a boy/girl!" would make a difference to those tender brains trying to find their way. If our identity was more of a choice, would we be stronger by not waisting so much time trying to wash off the paint we didn't get to choose?

Last edited:

Yup, in Poland pink was a boys' color and light blue a girls' color fairly recently. Many of the 60+ year olds there still see the colors "reversed", especially if they haven't grown up in cities. The reason for pink being for boys and light blue for girls in Poland is that baby Jesus is usually depicted wearing pinkish dresses and the Virgin Mary light blue dresses.

I don't mind other womenfolk wearing pink but I grumble at men in pink regardless of orientation.

The latter source still had me doomed to be painted pink. *sigh*.

Makes me wonder what society would look like if gender were held a secret until the child human reached an older age. As if their is actually any appropriateness to the work knowing what is hidden and later nearly shame wrapped in diapers. All children treated green until the child declares their gender and favorite color. Give them a chance to find their voice, feel their skin, and know their uniqueness before being forced into the discriminating and divisive pink and blue buckets.

Just curious if "It's a human!" instead of "It's a boy/girl!" would make a difference to those tender brains trying to find their way. If our identity was more of a choice, would we be stronger by not waisting so much time trying to wash off the paint we didn't get to choose?

I was musing over this. But more so from the stand point of respecting the choices of the parents. I thought about the disappointment on my friends faces when they opened pink gifts. Most of the gift givers ignored their color preferences and indulged their own selfish desires to see a girl in pink.

So I thought, what if we refuse to reveal the gender and choose all kinds of colors and ambiguous items for our registry. At the end of the shower, we would then announce what we were having. Would people pay closer attention to the choices? Or would they try to guess and give us a gift receipt in case they're wrong? I wonder.

I was just talking about this weird color fetish to a friend recently.

I used to work in a store that would hand out balloons to little kids coming in with their parents. You would not believe how many baby boys were denied balloons by their parents because they wanted a pink one. The kid is like two years old! I just wanted to scream at their mothers (always mothers!) - Just because your baby boy wants a pink balloon does not mean he wants it up the ass, and what kind of parent is so insecure about their child's sexuality that they won't let them have a damn balloon?!

It was a small town... thank god I'm not there anymore, the sheer close-mindedness was staggering!

As a very non-traditional (tomboy) type myself, I always either make a gift for the upcoming baby, or buy something very non-gender specific. Lots of green, yellow, orange... no princess crap, no trucks and cars. It's a newborn! It's getting baby animals, or galaxies, or something else that doesn't scream "I'm a boring traditionalist!"

I remember a friend of mine being asked "Do you want a boy, or a girl?"
"Oh, yes!" she answered enthusiastically...

Later she'd pick up her progeny to be changed... "from a baby into a baby" she would declare.

She was good stuff.

I remember a friend of mine being asked "Do you want a boy, or a girl?"
"Oh, yes!" she answered enthusiastically...

Later she'd pick up her progeny to be changed... "from a baby into a baby" she would declare.

She was good stuff.

:rose:

Boob update:

In lieu of the most epic bruise I've ever had, a lump has developed and it feels like it's larger now than it was yesterday. Gotta go see the good doctor again just in case. :(

Boob update:

In lieu of the most epic bruise I've ever had, a lump has developed and it feels like it's larger now than it was yesterday. Gotta go see the good doctor again just in case. :(

Ugh, I'm sorry! That sounds horrible.
Hope you get good news from the doctor!

Seela, I hope your lump is a temporary thing, perhaps caused by the bump you received on the bus. I'll be thinking of you. :rose:

Snow, snow, and more snow. We already have a foot on the ground and the forecast calls for several more inches and blizzard conditions into the night.

I miss the Rough Sex thread. So much has changed here since I used to be a regular. I'm disappointed that the good pix are no longer allowed

For the first time in a great while my physical exhaustion is not matched by mental or emotional exhaustion. I feel like I could cry... But I don't need to.

It's nice.

Fuck all, that was short lived. Thought I turned a corner, turns out it was a u-turn.

Boob update 2:

The lump was from the bump, as I thought it would be, and isn't dangerous, but is annoying and still hurts a little. It should get better on its own over time, just need to keep an eye on it and go see a doctor again if it gets bigger or starts hurting more.

The bruise is really impressive, I must say. It's gotten darker and larger, too.

Boob update 2:

The lump was from the bump, as I thought it would be, and isn't dangerous, but is annoying and still hurts a little. It should get better on its own over time, just need to keep an eye on it and go see a doctor again if it gets bigger or starts hurting more.

The bruise is really impressive, I must say. It's gotten darker and larger, too.

This is good news. Thanks for the update. Now, about that bruise...you do know what they say: pics, or it didn't happen. :rose:

This is good news. Thanks for the update. Now, about that bruise...you do know what they say: pics, or it didn't happen. :rose:

On (almost) any other bodypart and I would have felt comfortable posting it, but boobs. Nope. Not gonna happen. I can use my vast MS Paint skills and draw it on my AV, though. Does that help? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back