Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a looooong day, and dinner got started late, but it smells heavenly. Pork chops with apples and onions simmering on the stove, and cabbage slices brushed with olive oil, garlic, and dijon mustard roasting in the oven. Yum. I can't wait to eat and head to bed.

Today was a looooong day, and dinner got started late, but it smells heavenly. Pork chops with apples and onions simmering on the stove, and cabbage slices brushed with olive oil, garlic, and dijon mustard roasting in the oven. Yum. I can't wait to eat and head to bed.

Sound delicious. Now I am hungry :(

Apple pie, roasted Kuri squash soup, veggie tempura.
My subconscious knew it was going to rain ?

I love Brussel Sprouts and Beets roasted together. So Good!

Also - Cauliflower, Broccoli, French green beans...most veggies, really. When in doubt, roast them.

Exactly! I found a recipe for roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and apples that I'm going to try soon.

Is there any chance you would post that recipe or pm me with it?

Sure! Here you go. http://www.marthastewart.com/318937/brussels-sprouts-with-bacon-and-apple

3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 pints Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices, each slice halved crosswise
2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar

DIRECTIONS

STEP 1
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange bacon in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned, 10 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
STEP 2
Remove from oven, and toss in apple. Return to oven; roast until Brussels sprouts are browned and tender and apple has softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
STEP 3
Toss vegetables with vinegar, and serve immediately.

Sure! Here you go. http://www.marthastewart.com/318937/brussels-sprouts-with-bacon-and-apple

3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 pints Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices, each slice halved crosswise
2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar

DIRECTIONS

STEP 1
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange bacon in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned, 10 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
STEP 2
Remove from oven, and toss in apple. Return to oven; roast until Brussels sprouts are browned and tender and apple has softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
STEP 3
Toss vegetables with vinegar, and serve immediately.

Thank You so much!!

You're welcome! If you try it, let me know how it turns out. :)

I will I promise. I love roasted veges and brussels sprouts in particular. Some nights we just put a whole collection of onions, potatoes, bs and kale on a tray and roast the daylights out of them. Its so satisfying and very much a comfort food. I haven't done roasted beets quite as much but that can be great as well.

I will I promise. I love roasted veges and brussels sprouts in particular. Some nights we just put a whole collection of onions, potatoes, bs and kale on a tray and roast the daylights out of them. Its so satisfying and very much a comfort food. I haven't done roasted beets quite as much but that can be great as well.

That's my kind of eating!

Buy a can of coconut milk. Take it home, empty it into a plastic container with a lid. Put it in the fridge. Don't stir it - let the thick cream part rise atop the liquidy part.

Get some peee-ches. Cut the flesh from the pit so you've got two halves, sorta. Heat up the grill or your broiler. Place the peee-ches under the broiler/on the grill for 3-5 minutes.

Meanwhile, scoop a dollop of the thick cream from atop the coconut milk into a chilled bowl. Beat it, beat it, don't make me repeat it.

Put the peeeeeches on a plate, drizzle em with honey (Mike's Hot Honey, in this case, because spicy is always better). Top with the coconut cream. Enjoy!

(You can use regular whip cream instead of the coconut stuff, but I like the flavor of the coconut with peaches.)

Last night's sup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 29
You're welcome! If you try it, let me know how it turns out. :)

Tried it and we loved it. It was my Friday night wind down w a glass of wine and make food night. Thanks do much for passing that along. Wifey loved it too which is always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back