On the other side of the tracks (closed)

It was close to sunrise when he woke up again. He felt the sometimes familiar pressure of an arm across his waist and a head on his shoulder. For a moment he savored the feeling, then remembered who it belonged to and opened his eyes. She was the enemy and it took him a moment to get his feelings under control. Sure he enjoyed the evening, getting buzzed, made out and had some "fun"... not quite where he wanted to go yet, but getting there.

Careful not to wake her, he managed to extract himself and headed for the bathroom, after a shower, he got dressed and sat down on the couch to pull on his socks and boots.
 
In her sleep she reached out for him but he wasn't there. He was no longer next to her. She just rolled over thinking he'd gone to the toilet. She slept for awhile longer until she felt someone sitting on the bed. She yawned rubbing her eyes waking up. "Where are you going?" She asked sitting up in bed looking at him.
 
He got up and turned to face her, "I have to get to work and knowing your father he might find you soon enough, can't have him catching the two of us in the same room while you are as naked as the day you arrived."

He gave her a grin, "You are his sweet little girl, can't have him jumping to conclusions. He might ruin my business."

He picked up his jacket and slipped it on, walking over to the bed he leaned in close to her. "If you want, we will hang out."

He kissed her gently then and straightened up, leaving his card on the dresser as he headed for the door.
 
She was a bit disappointed he was leaving her after last night. She hoped her father was the real reason he was leaving and not that he only wanted to fool around and then leave her. She watched him put his jacket on and then walk over to her. “I do want that.” She said. She did want to see him again. He kissed her and put his card on the dresser before leaving. She laid on the bed thinking about if he would want to see her again. She got up and put the card in her bag. She went through to the bathroom and went for a shower. All she could think about was him. She heard her phone ringing and knew it would be her father. She knew very soon she would have to go home.
 
He got to his motorcycle, he drew an Invoice book from under his saddle and quickly jotted down an imaginary fault with her car. He stuck it under her windshield wiper just in case and to cover his own behind. He knew the patrons and staff would not rat him out, telling the preacher that he had spent the night with his daughter after having skinny dipped in the pool. If a confrontation came, the Invoice would show that he had done his job.

He returned to his bike, the engine purred to live at a press of his thumb and in moments he was heading back to town. Sure that he would see her again and didn't need to follow her.
 
She finished her shower off and got changed before heading out to her car. She saw the invoice on her car. She pulled it off and put it in her car. She was dreading going back home. She knew her father would be so pissed with her. When she got home she was greeted by a very angry Reverend. “Where have you been?” Her father shouted. “On my own thinking.” She said. “Thinking about what?” Her father asked. “That I don’t want you choosing my boyfriend.” She answered. “Nonsense, I will choose who you date and just because you wasn’t here to meet the boy yesterday doesn’t mean you’re getting out of it. We are going to dinner with his family tonight.” He said. She screamed annoyed as she stropped off to her room. She decided to message Dale: FML I wish we could of stayed at that motel forever.


FML- Fuck My Life
 
He was busy fine tuning a motorcycle that they had worked on when a text came through. He finished up and after cleaning his hands, he took out his phone. Reading the message from an unknown number, he just smiled and shook his head. Texts like that could be dangerous if found on her phone. He saved the number and then replied.

Would've been nice, but I do prefer a house. Should think about getting your own?
 
She texted him back- Maybe I should. I could do what I want if I had my own place.

Her mother came into her room and she hid her phone like she was a teenager. Why did she allow them to control her like she was still a child? She loved her parents but they were overbearing and controlling. “You might want to decide what you’re wearing tonight, your father will want to see it before we leave.” Her mother said. “I don’t want to be set up.” She said. “It is not up for discussion.” Her mother said before leaving the room.
 
He finished the client's Invoice and sat back, looking at the phone which prompted him that he had one unread message. He pondered for a moment and then opened it. A small smile creased his lips as he read the message, she was turning insubordinate, perfect. Already she got drunk, walked naked in public and engaged in proper foreplay with a man she hardly knew. Now the plan of moving out of her parents' home was planted and if she did that, his plan for revenge would be perfectly on track. He texted her back:

Yeah, that is why I have my own place. So much better to do as you wish, when you wish. You should seriously consider it.

He printed the Invoice and phoned the client to come collect the motorbike.
 
She messaged him back- I definitely will be considering moving out.

The day past rather quickly and she knew there was no way of getting out of this set up. She decided it was best to just go along so she didn’t get any more grief from them. She didn’t want have her parents preaching, having a go at her and making her feel like a child. She got dressed in http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=162311313 and http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=55430816. She tied her hair up in a bun. She went to show what her father she was wearing and got his approval. They left for the restaurant and when they got there she was surprised to find out her parents with George’s parents would be sat inside while her and George the boy she was getting set up with sat outside where it was romantic. George seemed nice but he didn’t excite her.
 
Dale

Since there were only one restaurant in town to take your family to if you wanted to set her up with a date. Dale phoned one of his friends and explained his plan and since Kyle were a bit of a sadist, he liked the idea very much. Of course with the idea came the involvement of the police, so much fun and of course not a good time for the preacher at all. After work he went home, showered and got dressed in a grey shirt, black jeans and sneakers. For this little excursion he didn't take the motorcycle, but instead pulled out grandfather's car of the garage.

Finishing up to look his best, he got into the car and drove to the restaurant. Table for one outside placed him in her field of view. He sat down and ordered a cooldrink, as the hostess left he made certain to make eye-contact with her and gave her a wink.
 
Chantel was trying her very hardest to seem interested in what George had to say but he was so dull. George- https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/84/f7/cd/84f7cd1555842e061293924523cac1d2.jpg was handsome but didn’t have a lot to offer other than his looks and family status. She found herself so bored. “Enough about me. I want to know about you.” George said. As he said that she noticed Dale was here. She thought it was odd she had never seen him here before and she was a regular here. She was too distracted seeing him here to reply to George.

Oh she wished she was over there with him instead. He wasn’t boring at all. Dale was intriguing, interesting and hot as hell. “Chantel?” George said getting her attention. “Sorry George I was in my own little world. What were you saying?” Chantel said trying to give him her full attention. “I was trying to get to know you.” George said. “George you have known for ages and there isn’t much you don’t know.” Chantel said. She was being a terrible first date and she knew it. She wasn’t interested in George so the effort she was putting in was minimal.
 
Dale studied the guy.

This would be a cake walk for Kyle. The guy had the look of soft living about him, while Kyle loved to get into bar fights for fun. Dale had seen him clean out a biker bar and shrugged off the need for stitches.

He took a sip of his cold drink and noticed the arrival of his buddy Kyle. It was almost time and judging from the look on Jessica's face and her posture, she were in a private sort of hell.
 
Chantel was sat feeling extremely awkward. She hated this date and wanted to disappear. She wanted the floor to eat her up. She wanted this date to end so quickly. She was not interested in George. George was not her type. She kept glancing over at Dale. She would prefer to be with Dale than George. She wondered why he was here. Was he waiting for a date?
 
"Hey sweetums, what you say about ditching the boy and hang out with a real man?"

Dale cringed slightly at Kyle's rudeness, but it had the desired effect.

"Excuse me sir..."

Kyle turned to face the smaller man, "I wasn't talking to you girly boy."

Kyle placed his huge paw onto the guy's face and shoved, sending him toppling over with chair and all. Kyle laughed and looked at Chantele, "See? Pathetic boy!"

He moved to the sprawled form and lifted the guy up, "You dared look at my girl. Imma mangle you boy!"

A hard head butt, crushed his nose and also heralded the arrival of the bouncer. Kyle dropped the semi-concious man and met the bouncer with a viscious left straight punch followed by a huge right handed haymaker. Knocking the bouncer to the ground. Dale got to his feet, finished his cool drink and walked the three steps to Chantel's side. Kyle turned towards her, "Now you an' me..."

He paused when he saw Dale. He cocked his head and took a step towards them when the manager showed up, "Sir! Please..."

He didn't get any further, Kyle grabbed him and with a huge heave tossed him into the pool. Then he focused on Dale again. "You wanna do this dance?"

Dale just smiled and opened the flick knife in his right hand, "Only if you want to bleed."

The sight of a naked blade seemed to be enough to make Kyle pause, he looked at Chantele, then at the knife in Dale's hand, concealed against his leg. He grimaced, "Not worth it."

He turned and walked away as the other people made way for him to pass. Dale quickly closed the knife and slid it into his pant's pocket as Chantele's father came rushing to her table.
 
Chantel saw a man walk over to the table. He wasn’t the sort of man she normally associated with and he didn’t fit in at this restaurant one bit. “Don’t call me sweetums and no thanks.” Chantel said to Kyle. She had never seen this man around and didn’t want to be anywhere near him. George was trying to man up but there wasn’t an ounce of man in him.

George was sent toppling over with his chair. “George.” She cried out. This guy was laughing and then picked George up. “Stop it put him down.” She said. She was scared and didn’t know what to do. “I am not your girl. I am nobodies I am not a possession to own. Now put him down.” She shouted. This man was making her angry.

She was scared for herself and George. Although she didn’t like George in that way she didn’t want him hurt. A bouncer came over and got the same rage as George. She moved to George’s side on the floor. “George?” She said. The man walked to her side. “There is no me and you and we will not be doing anything. Leave me alone.” She said.

Dale approached and so did a manager but the manager didn’t stand with them for long before he was launched into the pool. She froze when she saw Dale had a knife. Why did he have a knife on him? She was scared and this was all getting out of hand. She stepped away from George and the two men. Finally the man who had attacked George gave up and said she wasn’t worth it so walked away.

She was totally overwhelmed by everything that had just happened. She could burst into tears but didn’t. She kept it together. Dale put away his knife and she slung her arms around him and hugged him tight. She didn’t see her father coming over. “Thank you Dale. I was so scared.” She said her heart racing from all of the drama.
 
Dale rested one arm around Chantele, gently patting her hair, "There there, it's OK. Don't worry it will be just fine."

He looked at her father as he approached, Dale could see that he had no idea who he was.

"He's gone now. I am glad I stopped by for dinner."

Her father spoke up then, "Who is this man?"
 
Chantel liked Dale comforting her. She just felt safe and right in his arms. She was so glad Dale was here to step in. George had been taken to the back room for the restaurant staff to take care of his first aid.

She heard her father’s voice behind her and she stepped back from Dale slightly so she could look at her father. “This is Dale he’s a friend of mine and he came to my rescues when some insane man attacked George and had other plans for me.” She explained to her father.
 
Dale knew that this entrance into the preacher's life was perfect. Not only did Chantel call him a friend, she also stated that he had acted as her protector. As there were so many witnesses, there was just no way that Dale could be brusquely brushed aside.

The wail of an approaching Police vehicle made patrons slowly drift away, leaving Chatel's father with no option than to wait and handle the Police. Dale hid his smile as best he could.
 
Chantel could tell her father wasn’t too happy about Dale being around her but now that he had saved her he couldn’t really say anything. “I was so scared father and Dale saved me from an awful fate.” Chantel said. Her father still hadn’t said a word he just nodded.

Chantel held onto Dale still a little shaken up. She kissed Dale’s cheek. “Thank you for being here to save me your damsel in distress.” She whispered to him. The police were coming and everyone could hear them approach the restaurant.
 
He gave Chantel a smile and patted her hand, "Isn't that what friends are for? Luckily I was a bit lazy to cook and came out for something to eat instead."

"Oh thank you officers, you have arrived!"

A drenched manager met the approach of the officers, "The culprit have left, but his victims are still here."
 
Dale hurt Chantel’s feelings a little saying they were friends because she wanted so much. She wanted to be with him. She liked him a lot. The police officers came into the restaurant and the manager met them.

“I don’t want to talk to the police.” She said. She didn’t know how her father would respond to her not wanting to work with the police.
 
Dale smiled slightly, if he was correct about her father, he would try to keep Chantel out of this as it might tarnish her image. He actually felt good that her father didn't know him and that very few of the people here knew him beyond his profession. He waited for the manager to have everybody's attention as he blabbered about the attack, even her father was listening to make certain it was true.

He slipped a hand around her trim waist and pulled her to him as he moved slowly backwards. Basically melting into the crowd with her. A few people looked at them, but the spectacle was more of a curiosity than the two of them. Once outside the gathered crowd, he took her hand and led her to one of the dark alcoves, a specific one which had an exit. The opening was just big enough for them to squeeze through, ending them up in the parking lot.

He brushed a leaf from her shoulder and gave her a small smile, "I hope that paused some of the amorous advances."
 
Feeling Dale’s hands move around her waist Chantel felt comfortable. He pulled her close to him. He led her out of the crowd. He held her hand and led her to a dark alcoves which had an exit. They squeezed out and went out to the parking lot.

Chantel wondered what her father would think once he realised she had gone. Dale brushed a leaf off her shoulder. “I don’t want any amorous advances. I only want a certain person’s amorous advances.” She said.

She was only wanting his attention. She wanted Dale and only Dale. She had never wanted anyone like this before. She wanted and needed him. Her loins craved him.
 
He brushed his hand through his hair and gave her a grin. He leaned against the hood of a car and looked at her looking all innocent and fresh in her dress and her blonde hair and lovely eyes.

"Well then, that amorous advancer better watch out since your father seems to have plans."

He smiled, "And he might think your new friend to be a threat to his plans."

He took hold of her hand and drew her close, "Not like that would stop us having fun now would it?"
 
Back
Top