Wanted In More Ways Than One (Closed for raiguy)

"Full x-ray, please," Gwyn said quietly, getting out of the truck with Tay's help. "Just to make sure." She smiled a little.
 
Tay nodded, before guiding Gwyn to the back door. He knocked, before nodding to his friend Jason. "Full x-ray, man. I know about broken ribs and a pinky, but I want to make sure that I got everything," he said.

Jason just nodded, before guiding them in and setting up the x-ray. It didn't take long to complete, and once everything was done, Jason gave the film to Tay.

Tay smiled as he looked at the x-rays. He went to stand by Gwyn, before softly saying, "Everything seems to be fine. I can realign your ribs when I bind them, and then I can also reset your pinky now. Would you like to do all of this at home, or here and now?" he asked softly, making sure Jason wasn't in the room while they talked.
 
"Home, please," Gwyn whispered softly. "That way I don't spook the animals when I scream." She noticed he had make sure his friend wasn't around. "Why did you make sure he wasn't around?" She asked softly
 
Tay looked at her. "I wasn't sure if you would be comfortable with him hearing the results, so I wanted to keep it private," he said. He turned, before nodding to Jason. "Thanks man," he said, before guiding Gwyn out to his truck.

The drive home was just as quick as before, and once they arrived back, he proceeded to open the door for her, before helping her back to his bed. "If you get undressed, we can get to work treating you. I'll lay down some sheets to take care of everything, and then we can start doing what we need to to get you better," he said. He pulled out another pair of gloves, a needle and thread, bandages, and ointment. "Sorry, I don't have pain meds that you can use," he said softly.
 
Gwyn shrugged. "I did what I could to mend this by myself, and I didn't have pain meds," she said, undressing again. "I trust you, Tay." She laid down on the sheets on top of the bed, grabbing an end of one and biting onto it.
 
Tay nodded, before grabbing a scalpel, clamps, and a few other things he'd need to irrigate the knife wounds, before starting on the cuts along her forearms. The ones that needed sutures he closed and bandaged, while using ointment and bandages on the shallower ones. For the stab wounds, he had to carefully reopen the wounds, before cleaning them out and cutting out the infected tissue. He tried to be quick and careful, to keep the pain down to a minimum. Once the stab wounds were cleaned and then sutured and bandaged them.

"Almost done, sweetheart," he said, wiping his brow, before cleaning the burns she had suffered. He bandaged them with sterile bandages, and then stepped back. It had taken him about 30 minutes to do everything, and he looked down at Gwyn. "How are you doing?" he asked, knowing that more pain was yet to come.
 
Gwyn gave a thumbs up, even as tears streamed down her cheeks. It hurt, much more than when she had done it herself. But he still had to set her broken bones.

The pain was reminding her of the abuse as well, and it took all of her willpower to not let the bad memories affect her. Instead, she focused on Tay and the good times that he had. All of it.
 
Tay grimaced at Gwyn's expression, before moving to her pinky. He had the x-rays laying out, and could see what needed to be done. He rebroke her finger, hearing the crack, and feeling the bone grind as he reset the pinky to where it needed to be. He quickly splinted it, making sure that nothing else had gone wrong. Once her finger was splinted, Tay leaned down, and without really thinking, kissed Gwyn. "You've been brave. We only have a little bit longer, and then we will find a way to lessen the pain," he said, before looking at her ribs. He knew there wasn't much else he needed to do other than bind her ribs, since the breaks were still fresh. Once bound, he made sure that they were in their normal place, before smiling slightly. "All done," he said, before putting everything in a bag to be dumped.
 
Gwyn was surprised by the kiss, and for a moment, she forgot about the pain. Then of all flooded back. Once her ribs were bound, she curled up on her uninjured side and cried the pain away, whimpering like she used to back with her ex, before and after every beating. She clutched the sheets as she cried, trying to fins a way to channel it put of her body.
 
Tay thought for a moment, seeing how she relaxed when he kissed her. He slid down after cleaning up, lying in front of her on the bed. "Gwyn, look at me," he said softly, before tilting her head to face him. He leaned in suddenly and kissed her, keeping it soft and gentle, waiting to see how she'd respond.
 
The kiss was soft and sweet, and once again, the pain Gwyn was feeling seemed like a distant memory. She relaxed and melted into him. It reassured her that he was there to take care of her, to help her, and that despite what she's done, he's still there for her.
 
Tay slowly broke the kiss, before looking at Gwyn. "Better?" he asked softly, before sliding a little bit closer. He didn't want to crowd or push her, but if he could help, he was definitely going to try.
 
Gwyn nodded. "A bit," she said softly, glad he had moved closer. Her eyes were fluttering closed. Needles always made her sleepy, and that in combination with the amount of pain she was in as well as the kiss Tay had given her made her slowly fall asleep.
 
Tay stayed with Gwyn as he slowly watched her pass out. He could tell the pain got to her, but was at least happy that she was able to sleep through it now. He made sure that she was comfortable, before going and grabbing most of the pillows in the house. He made a cocoon to keep her on her side, so that she didn't hurt or mess up how her ribs were setting. Once he was sure she wouldn't roll, he went to the kitchen, before pulling out a couple cans of soup and making them.

As he let the soup heat up, he quickly called his friend at the D.A.s office. "Hey, it's Tay. I have a friend here that I need to talk to you about. If things work out the way I think they have been, and will, it might be a really good way to bring down a branch of the Mexican Cartel that has been moving into the city. Come talk to me tomorrow, and we can see if we can do something about it," he said, answering a few more questions, but generally keeping everything closed up.

After the phone call, he left the soup to simmer, not really knowing when Gwyn would wake up. He wanted to be ready with food though. He made his way back to his room, before sitting next to her, gently stroking her hair as he watched over her.
 
Gwyn woke up a couple of hours later, and looked up at Tay, who was stroking her hair. "Hey," she whispered softly, a small smile on her face. Pain went through her body, and she winced in her cocoon. "How are you, hon?"
 
Tay chuckled. "You're the one with the injuries, and you're asking me how I am. If you can sit up, we can get some food into you, and then get you to go back to bed. I want to get at least 8 hours of sleep in you, before we take a bath and then go get you clothes," he said with a smile, before quickly going to get a small bowl of soup. He could tell that she was malnourished, and knew that he had to be careful with how much food he gave her. The McDonald's earlier might not have been the best idea, but she seemed to have handled it well enough.

He returned with the soup, setting it on his night stand. "Here, let me help you," he said, before gently moving her into a sitting position, making sure that he didn't cause her anymore pain. He sat next to her, before slowly starting to feed her, a smile on his face. "I'll do the airplane if I have to to make you eat," he said with a laugh.
 
"I can feed myself," Gwyn laughed, but she allowed Tay to spoon feed her, knowing that it'd make him feel better.

The soup was warm and delicious, and she tried to take the spoon from Tay, hungry and wanting food. "Come on, you made my favorite," she giggled. "Did you do that deliberately?"

She felt so relaxed, and comforted while Tay was around, taking care of her. It felt like old times again.
 
Tay shook his head. "I just grabbed the soup that I had on hand. And I'll feed you, so you don't scarf it all down and make yourself sick," he said with a chuckle. He continued to feed Gwyn, before moving back a little and setting the empty bowl down.

"Does that feel better now that you have food in you?" he asked, before thinking. "Time for sleep now. When you next wake up we can eat some more, and then, if you haven't slept at least 8 hours, we will sleep again," he said with a smile.
 
Tay shook his head. "That is the best way for your body to heal. It conserves energy, and allows your body to regenerate. Sleep, young lady," he said, before moving next to her to help her lay down. He packed the pillows back around her, before smiling and starting to gently stroke her hair like he remembered she liked to help her sleep.
 
Gwyn sighed and shook her head, but found herself falling asleep under Tay's hand stroking her hair. "Curses," she mumbled as she fell asleep.
 
Tay grinned, continuing to do what he was to make sure that she fell asleep. He wanted to make sure she was well rested, as well as that she was given time to heal without doing anything that could make her injuries worse. He leaned down and softly kissed her forehead, before settling down next to her.
 
Tay felt Gwyn seem to come awake a little bit, before immediately going back to playing with her hair, trying to keep her from fully waking up as he settled down comfortably beside her.
 
Back
Top