To Delete or not to Delete

Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Posts
4
Is it generally frowned upon to delete a story once you have posted a couple of chapters if you don't like the way it was originally written?
I have only published/half-published two stories and I made the mistake of only posting small bits of the story at a time on both of them which I realize now was not the best idea. One is finished, so I think I will leave it be but the other is not even halfway finished and I am debating on whether or not to just delete it and start over from the beginning. There are also a couple of typos and things that I would to fix as well. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Thanks.

https://www.literotica.com/s/pursuing-peace-ch-01 / 02 / 03
 
Your work, your choice. Unless anyone will harass you for the remaining untold segment, then delete away if you are dissatisfied with it.
 
I think it would be a kindness to any of your readers trying follow of a series of yours to delete it, yes, if you want to change what you've already written or are hopeless stymied on where to go from here. Kinder yet would be not to begin posting a series until it's all finished and the reader can be confident it drives to an ending.
 
Maybe a could idea would also be to not delete your story, but yust leave it where it is and put a note on top of your story where you say why you just not finish the story. Why? You probably ask, well in that way beginners might be learning of your mistakes :cool:. And they heve a example of how not to do it... :)
 
Also, if you leave the original posting in place, people who were following your story as it was originally posted would then know to seek the conclusion elsewhere.
 
I don't think you should delete anything. You might come back to the story later and want to continue it. On the flip side, I don't think there's anything wrong taking it down if you want to but you can't go back. Why limit yourself?
 
You could leave your story up while you either add to it or make any changes you feel are necessary. After you have it like you want it, then you resubmit it adding "Edited" to the end of the title. Literotica will then replace the original version. I would put in an author's note explaining what you had done.
 
Back
Top