Ewwwww

adrina

Heretic
Gross.

Cultures from these samples revealed that the total amount of bacteria in the air and on surfaces was consistently much higher in all restrooms when jet dryers were being used. The most dramatic differences were seen between the surface of the jet dryer itself and the surface of the paper towel dispenser: In Udine, the dryer was covered in 100 times more bacteria, in Paris it was 33-fold higher, and in Leeds it was 22-fold.

Paper towels please.

But, except for the button, you don't have to touch the surface of the jet dryer.

But, except for the button, you don't have to touch the surface of the jet dryer.

The average person is touching their face 3 times per hour. So it’s likely that, at some point, you’re putting poo into your mouth.

I think it's blow by from the drips of previous handwashers who just rinse instead of actually scrubbing. With soap.

The kind of hand dryer that has been referenced in other similar articles is the drop your hands into the slot and get a seriously high powered blast of air. No buttons involved.

The average person is touching their face 3 times per hour. So it’s likely that, at some point, you’re putting poo into your mouth.

I read somewhere that there is more fecal matter and urine in the bowl of nuts on a bar than there is on the toilet seat in the bathroom. It's not just likely that you're putting poo into your mouth, it's probable.

Mythbusters did this years ago and proved the same thing.

I read somewhere that there is more fecal matter and urine in the bowl of nuts on a bar than there is on the toilet seat in the bathroom. It's not just likely that you're putting poo into your mouth, it's probable.

The toilet seat is one of the cleanest parts. The handle is usually the dirtiest.
Another great Mythbusters fact. I miss that show. Got more science facts from that than the entire internet. Of course I probably get more facts from my cat than the internet but ya know.

Gross.

Paper towels please.

Yep. I will not use those things. I remember hearing about them way back to childhood. Back then our only options might be those or that blue and white towel that pulled down in an endless loop. No thank you to that too. I'll wash and walk out with wet hands.

Remember those ones that had the cloth towel that just went around and around?

Do some research on the ice dispenser on the machine where you get your soft drinks at MD/BK/Wendy's, really any of them.

If you have ever taken a Serve Safe course that will really open your eyes. I have taken both in California and Nevada. Nevada is more stringent than California. Nevada requires you to pass a class in 8 hours where California is 16 hours same course more intense.

I was a germ a fobe before. Working with food and in the food industry if,I wouldn't serve it to my family or eat it, then it didn't get served. I always taught clean as you go.

It is a good concept. Everybody wants to generate less trash.

The design is incomplete. The drops and vapors being blown off your hands needs to be captured and dealt with. Somewhere there is a celery munching engineer that would be more than happy to complete the design.

All it takes is money. And coffee.

Do some research on the ice dispenser on the machine where you get your soft drinks at MD/BK/Wendy's, really any of them.

McDonalds has a sanitizing procedure for each drink,shake,coffee, Ice, machine that is used by the public daily.

I understand what your point. I have seen Ice Machines that are not properly maintained.

As I say if you don't want to know dont look. Our owner/operator expected us to take the extra steps and was in the store every day.

McDonalds has a sanitizing procedure for each drink,shake,coffee, Ice, machine that is used by the public daily.

I understand what your point. I have seen Ice Machines that are not properly maintained.

As I say if you don't want to know dont look. Our owner/operator expected us to take the extra steps and was in the store every day.

Some do, most don't including the soda dispensers themselves. Oh, they all have their procedures but those are all the more notable for their lack of observance. I suspect that the company owned stores are more rigorous than the franchise operators.

Five or six years ago a study was published, after swabbing and testing the undersides of women’s purses and handbags.

Reading about the germ and bacteria key-partys those swabbings revealed, you’d never set your purse or handbag on a table or kitchen island again. You might even decide to just throw it in a fire.

Last edited:
That's a good thing right? I mean, the germs aren't on your hands, they're on the air dryer.

Five or six years ago a study was published, after swabbing and testing the undersides of women’s purses and handbags.

Reading about the germ and bacteria key-partys those swabbings revealed, you’d never set your purse or handbag on a table or kitchen island again. You might even decide to just throw it in a fire.

Kinda like letting your cat walk on the kitchen counter and table after its been to the litter box

Kinda, yes.

But I am in no way going to suggest you toss kitty into the fireplace.

Everything is covered in shit, has shit in it and all living things are just highly organized piles of shit.

That's biology in a nutshell.

Every cool summer breeze or fresh breath of mountain air? There was jizz and shit of some kind in it....100% guaranteed.

Every time you smell shit, you are also tasting it. :)

Last edited:
A former poster that was working on her PhD. in bio-ethics opined that the reason that asthma has reached damn near epidemic proportions is our obsession with germs and cleanliness. As children their immune systems weren't sufficiently challenged so later in life the body over-reacts to the inevitable. As good a theory as any I suppose.

Back