X-Men: Crossroads IC

Logan blinked when the girl walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He wasn't sure what to do with this kind of show of affection. Was he supposed to hug back? What did he do? He really wasn't good at this kind of situation. He supposed it was probably because he had been designed as some sort of killing machine, and as a result didn't need to deal with people so much. He knew he would be fine, but wasn't sure that Storm would be anymore.

The girl had pulled away from him, telling him that she had a lecture that she had to be getting to. He nodded and let a gruff sound slip past his lips and then looked back over the school grounds again. Well, at least that part of this school was still the same. Everyone was still trying so hard to pretend that it was a school, just like any normal school for normal people. He closed his eyes and found himself longing for a world where he could have made a joke about how silly it was to be trying to teach these kids history. The world just didn't seem bright enough for him to make his usual comments though. He'd probably head back to his room after some alone time up here. Maybe he hadn't minded the company of Storm so much after all...
 
Professor Xavier

Charles looked up as he heard the thunder. "You might just be right. Let's hope it's just a passing one." Charles said and then took a drink of his tea.

He then placed the cup back onto it's saucer. "I am a telepath. As most of the mutants here my abilites came about as I entered puberty. But unlike my students, I didn't have anyone to teach me about what I was or how to use my abilities. I had to learn that on my own, so in some respects I am much like you." he said and then took another drink of his tea.

"However I know you aren't really in need of being taught how to control your abilities. And that wasn't the reason I asked you to come here either. Here at the Institute I and the staff teach the students to control their powers so that they can fit it with the rest of society first. But it is also our wish to use our abilities for the benefit of mankind. For that reason I have created my X-Men." Charles told him and waited to see if he had heard of the X-Men. After all they had done much in the 12 years since he had assembled his first team.
 
Remy LeBeau, Gambit, Comes to the Mansion

It had been a quiet week in the French Quarter of New Orleans, at least as quiet as the French Quarter can be at any given time. There would always be a party to crash, liquor to consume, and women to, for a lack of a better term, intimately socialize with. Remy LeBeau had been lying there quietly, sleeping off another later afternoon and waiting for the evening festivities to really begin in when it had happened.

It started almost like a headache would, the deep and long-lasting ones that seemed to spring into being after a night of hard drinking and too-little sleep. The high-pitched whine that seemed to ring through his head grew louder and more feral as the seconds ticked on. Within moments it was all he could do to keep from screaming out as the pain began to wrack through his body. He fell from his bed as he convulsed wildly, his limbs flailing and his muscles tightening against one another. His eyes rolled back, and his whole world seemed to close in around him, his mind screaming back against the mental onslaught.

Just as quickly as it began, it was over. He rolled onto his side and spat out the blood from his mouth, his breathing coming in deep and ragged gasps. His head was swimming, and he could feel himself on the verge of consciousness, his mind gripping the edges of what it could to keep him from plunging into a sleep he didn’t know if he would ever wake from. LeBeau shook his head and reached to the bed, pulling himself back onto the cool sheets. He was sweating as if he were lying in the heat of August next to a beautiful woman, but the cool breeze coming through the window was one of early spring. There was nothing he could do for nearly and hour except lay there and ponder what had happened to him.

He needed answers. Whatever had happened to him had not been natural; it had been a purposeful and hateful action. He had to ensure his own survival; he had to do what had to be done. His body was still sore from the exertion, and his mind throbbed like a three-day hangover, but he dragged himself to his feet, dressed, and set out to find the answer a few questions. His search started at his favorite bar. He found no answers under the familiar bottle of Jack Daniel’s, but it did ease the pounding in his head.

LeBeau spent the next several months wandering from bar to bar, from city to city, searching for answers. He found that it had not been a localized event. Every mutant in every city he came across had experienced the same thing, and all of them were just as confounded and desperate for answers as he was. He shared drinks with them, shared stories, and then moved on. They spoke of taking action, yet he seemed the only one willing to do the work to find the answer. He could understand their plight. Many of them were not able to go out and mingle with the populous; their mutations noticeable and apparent to anyone near them. The attacks upon them, and the lingering feelings of fear and loathing towards them from the non-mutants kept them mostly secluded and isolated. He had the luxury of being able to conceal his under a pair of darkened glasses as he traveled. While they had little information, one name continued to come up.

Charles Xavier.

If anyone knew, he would, they said. He ran some sort of school for mutants in New York, and from what LeBeau was told, was a very powerful telepath. If anyone knew, Xavier would. LeBeau set off for New York. He would get answers from this Xavier, one way or another. He rode the rails, sitting alongside the homeless and destitute as he moved north towards New York. He had pilfered and stolen enough money to afford better travel, but Remy always stayed true to his roots and lived sparingly, giving the excess he had to those he met. At one time he had been in their shoes, abandoned, alone, and without hope. But he had made something of himself and knew they could pull themselves out of their stupors if he could only lend a hand.

Westchester, New York. It had been a long road for LeBeau to walk to find himself here, at the gates to the Xavier School for the Gifted. The inviting campus hid the more pragmatic and military aspects well. The large stone wall that surrounded the main grounds were covered in an eye-pleasing ivy coating; the wrought iron gates at each of the entry points were decorated with ornate scrollwork; even the security cameras and motion detectors scattered about were tucked neatly away to keep them from drawing attention. These grounds could easily be sealed, walled off from the outside world, defended. LeBeau strolled through the open front gate, the long tails of his leather coat flaring out behind him in the morning breeze.

The grounds bustled with activity as he looked about, his eyes darting this way and that, taking in the peaceful and serene environment. He nearly bowled over a young woman who seemed to simply appear in front of him as he walked. He stepped back from her, bowed his head slightly, and apologized for not seeing her. She couldn’t have been more than 20, and quite an athletic 20 at that. He smiled that wry smile, his eyes locked into hers as he spoke.

“Pardon me, Cherie,” he said in a slow and Cajun drawl. “It’s a pleasure running into someone so beautiful, but I have business to attend to. Do you know where I can find Professor Charles Xavier?”

The young woman blushed as he spoke to her. He had a charm about him, a natural charisma that seemed to draw women to him like flies to honey; it was a trait he used shamelessly to his advantage as often as he could. She shifted her weight about on her feet and coyly pointed to the well-appointed mansion at the center of the grounds.

“His office is on the first floor, at the end of the main hall to the right,” she said, the smile on her lips warm and sincere. He dipped his head to her again and reached out and took her hand.

“Thank you for your kindness my sweet magnolia blossom,” he said as he placed a small kiss on the back of her hand. He straightened and brushed gently past her, setting off towards the building ahead of him. He took a casual look over his shoulder at the woman, hoping he would have the pleasure of running into her again while he was here. She smiled back at him, waved lightly, and faded completely from view. His step paused for slight second and he chuckled, School for the Gifted indeed, he thought. He idly pulled a deck of cards from his pocket and began to fan them in his hands as he strolled over the well-manicured lawn.

The entryway of the mansion was quite spectacular with twin staircases flanking a wide and inviting atrium. He strolled to the far end of the main floor, continuing to idly fan the cards in his hands until he came to the office marked “Charles Xavier: Headmaster.” LeBeau stood there for a minute, listing idly to the muffled conversation through the thick door and watching a head of unearthly clouds gather over the grounds. The rain came mercilessly and suddenly. A downpour like this would seem well-suited to the south, seemed oddly out of place in New England. Several students scampered inside to keep from becoming soaked in the torrential downpour. The conversation behind the closed door continued, and LeBeau walked the length of the mansion waiting for his opportunity to meet the man who may have the answers he has been searching for all these months. As he walked, he idly flicked cards into the air, watching them spin and tumble before catching them and reshuffling them into the deck.
 
" The X men?" Kris replied as he thought about it for a moment " Yes I have heard of you guys" he added\

" You protect the humans against evil mutants who would raither take over and control them instead of living in peace with them" Kris replied as he took off his sunglasses reviling his eyes for the first time. " And Help mutants who are being attacked by the humans." He added with a slight smile

" Humans fear what they don't understand thus they try to destroy it rather than try to understand it." Kris whispered almost to himself but it was still out loud

" So you asked me here to see if i would join your group the x men?" to "protect the humans and mutants?" Kris asked him

" I will join but what would the other's say about it me being a stranger a person that they don't know and trust yet" Kris replied as he took a last sip of the tea
 
Storm

Storm came running down the staircase, lost in thought on her way to the lecture room opposite Professor Xavier's office. She came around the corner and nearly tripped as she ran into a man with a leather coat that she has never seen at the school before.

Storm gave the man a warm and apologetic smile, "Pardon me, I didn't mean to run you over like that," she said, steadying herself against the wall. "My name is Orora, but everyone calls me Storm," she said, holding her hand out for a greeting.

"Can I help you?" she asked.
 
Rogue hummed a little as they waited to arrive at the first floor, she let her mind wander again as they walked, She came to a stop leaning against the kitchen counter.

Rogue soon changed her mind taking a seat, on one of the stools opposite Bobby. "I'd love to." She answered, absent-mindedly fiddling with the zip of her cardigan. "After all how could I possibly resist something as tempting as a secret recipe?" She teased.


Tag: Veroe.
 
Remy "Gambit" Lebeau, Mansion Atrium

The three of clubs was just beginning its decent, his hand already to retrieve the wayward card, when a woman coming down the stairs nearly sent both of them toppling to the floor. He smiled as he snapped the card from the air just before it hit the floor.

“Pardon me, I didn't mean to run you over like that,” she said, a wisp of white crossing over her eyes as she regained her balance. “My name is Orora, but everyone calls me Storm.”

He stood and took her hand, meeting her soft blue eyes with the fiery red of his own.

“Name’s Remy LeBeau, and I’ve also been known to answer to Gambit,” he said, tucking his cards back into his pocket and leaning lightly against the wall, his arms crossed lightly across his chest. “I was here to see Xavier. I need to get some answers from him about a happening about a month or two ago. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.”

He took a moment to let his eyes wander over her, making no effort to hide his intentions. He smiled slyly at her after taking her in, the same sly smile he had used on countless women in the past.

“It seems every mutant I run into knows about it, but no one seems to know who pulled it off or why,” he said. “But Xavier’s name kept on coming up, so I came up to get some answers for myself.”
 
Kitty sat in her seat until she grew bored,she hated arriving early to a class. She knew if the Professor showed up before the other kids she would surely get an ear full. She didnt need that right now Lately her mind has wandered back to Colosuss. Her first rue love and first heart break. She tried to imagine where things had gone wrong with that,but now she had just trudged forward.

She smiled as she thought of Bobby and Marie getting closer,she had even seen themcuddle briefly a couple times. Maybe one day she could be normal enough to have a regular lvoe life,but for now she had her priorities set on the X-men. She proped her legs out onto the chair bottom in front of her and pulled out her ethics book andbegan to read the two chapeters she had forgotten to read the day before.
 
Storm

Storm’s eyes flashed with a jabbing light of pain at the visitor’s casual reminder of the events that played out at Alkali Lake. Her nerves were raw from the emotional rollercoaster that she has been on the entire morning so far.

Storm closed her eyes for a moment to steady herself and then opened them again, giving Gambit a dazzling smile. “Yes ... Professor Xavier would be the best person to speak to,” she said not willing to elaborate on the topic in her current freyed state.

Suddenly Storm was intently aware of his sly and alluring eyes roving over her body. Ladies watch out! We have a player in the house, she thought to herself giving him an appreciative glance herself. The man was quite frankly irresistibly gorgeous, and his heavy French accent even more so. He was definitely not from around here and she could see from his rough and rugged appearance and his attire that he was pretty much a drifter who has travelled quite extensively.

“I am sure Professor Xavier will be available soon,” Storm said, gesturing to the couches in the lounge. “Can I get you anything? Tea, coffee ...” me? She added in her mind.
 
Last edited:
Remy "Gambit" LeBeau, Lounge

He could see the recognition in her eyes, in the way her body tensed, the way her eyes closed at the onrush of uncomfortable memories. She did well to hide her true feelings, putting on a warm smile before confirming that Professor Xavier would be best to speak to about the incident. He could tell she was holding something back. She knew more than she was letting on, but kept it veiled behind those alluring blue eyes. He took her offer and dropped into one of the overstuffed couches in the lounge, propping his booted feet up on the edge of a nearby table.

“I am a touch parched,” he said, tilting his head back and popping his neck before meeting her gaze again. “I’d take a sweet tea if you’d be so kind.”

She was a stunning woman, he thought idly as she walked away to get his drink. There seemed to be an abundance of fine women here. Maybe this could be a place he stayed for a spell, depending of course on how his conversation with Xavier went.
 
Professor Xavier

" I will join but what would the other's say about it me being a stranger a person that they don't know and trust yet" Kris replied as he took a last sip of the tea

"No no I wouldn't worry about that at all. My X-Men and the students here themselves know that we're always looking out there for people to help us. They'll run you through several training exercises, these are designed to not only test you control over your powers, but also to see how well you can work with others. When you've passed those to our satisfaction you'll be allowed to work out in the field as an X-Man." Charles said as he placed his now empty cup of tea on his desk.

"Come with me let's get you a room and then I'll have one of the others give you a tour of the school grounds, and the other facilities." he said as he headed to the closed door.
 
Sebastian Shaw

"Sebastian," Emma said warmly into the telephone as a smile came across her face.

A smile formed on Sebastian's face as he heard her voice. It sounded warm and as if she was happy. But Sebastian had gotten to know Emma fairly well lately and knew that whatever face she presented to someone, wasn't necessarily what she was actually thinking of feeling. "I've just received word that the newest batch of the formula is a complete success. I'll be notifying the Joint Chiefs in the morning. They'll probably want to initiate phase two within the week." Sebastian told her. Phase two of course being the testing of the cure on the mutant prisoners, especially the more dangerous ones, that the government had captured over the last few years.

It wasn't something that he or Emma condoned, however it would help in keeping their secret, as well as help give them both what they wanted most which was more power. It also served the added benefit of helping to remove any mutant powerful enough to get in their way. He waited for her response as he swirled the liquid in his glass around and then took a sip from it letting the cool and yet warm feeling slide down his throat.
 
Storm walked to the kitchen and quickly set a tray with milk, sugar and a fresh cup of steaming tea. She had five minutes before her history class started so she headed back to the lounge to deposit their guests' request before heading to her class.

Storm walked back to the lounge and placed the tray smartly on the coffee table in front of Gambit where he was quite comfortably stretched out on the couch, looking as if he might fall asleep.

"Your tea Monsieur," she said. She checked across the hall towards Professor Xavier's office just in time to see the door open. "Aaah, there's the Professor," as she turned back to Gambit.

"If you will excuse me, I have a class to get to," she said giving him another friendly smile, and walking towards her classroom where she could hear noisy teens gathering in 'anticipation'.
 
Professor Xavier

Charles watched as Ororo headed off in a hurry. She was probably on her way to her class. However he was a bit surprised to see the stranger that was there outside of his door. "Good afternoon, I'm Professor Charles Xavier. Is there something I can help you with?" Charles said.

Inside of his mind Charles reached out until he touched one of his X-Men. In this case Iceman. {Robert would you please come to my office. I have a new friend that will be joining us and he'll need someone to take him upstairs and then show him around. I would, but it seems that I have a surprise guest here.} he said telepathically.

He found he was having difficultiy reading the intentions of the new commer. In fact he barely knew he was there. He would have to focus harder in order to do anything, something that Charles didn't like to do unless invited.

tags ICEMAN
 
Last edited:
" Thank you" Kris replied as he sat his own cup of tea down onto the table and followed professor Charles along the way he picked up his luggage and followed him out of the room.

As he looked up he saw another man sitting down in a chair and a silver haired woman walked by very quickly as if she was late for something.

" I see you have another guest " Kris replied as he saw the man

" I'll wait here " Kris replied as he sat the luggage down and took a seat on it he kept and eye on the new comer.
 
Last edited:
Havok

The red Jeep Wrangler turned off Graymalkin Lane and up the driveway to the mansion. Memories flooded back to Alex as he cruised through the campus. That was the tree he'd fallen out of while trying to impress a girl. If you kept walking you'd reach Spuyten Dyvil Cove where Alex had taken his first date. It was hard to believe it had been six years since he had graduated.

His had been one of the smaller classes, Scott and Jean and Ororo last year of college had been Alex's Junior year of high school. His senior year the school's classes had ballooned because more of the old students had come back to teach and with more faculty Xaver could expand the school's student body. It had only been for a year, but it felt good to have his brother around all the time. They hadn't spent so much time together since before their parents died. Not that they spent a ton of time together, Scott was spending as much time with Jean as he could.

Alex shook his head. Had that really been six years ago? After that Alex had poured himself into his studies. He did his undergraduate work at Worchester Polytechnic Institute, a school reknown for it's hectic work schedule. Alex still decimated their learning curve and graduated early, moving halfway across the state to do his Masters work at the Massachusettes Institute of Technology. He was finishing up his Masters around the time Jean Grey was finishing her doctorate. That summer Alex had returned to the mansion for a graduation party. It was pretty obvious at that point that Scott and Jean were going to spend the rest of their lives together.

It was later that year, while Alex was laying the groundwork for his doctorate at Berkley in California, that the Wolverine character had come into the mansion and the X-Men had saved the UN from Magneto. Alex had called a week later, having finally heard about the events from a fellow student. The real world faded away a bit while doing research all day long. Scott had asked him to come back and join the X-Men. Alex hadn't needed a minute to refuse the offer. He wasn't a warrior, he was a scientist, a scholar, and a man of letters. Ok, so he still skateboarded from class to class, but Alex wasn't a warrior. Xavier had taught him to control his powers and all Alex wanted to do was live his life. His contribution to the world would be finding new and exciting forms of power for the world.

And then a month ago it had all come crashing down. The government had attacked the mansion. Most of the students had been kidnapped. When the dust settled Jean was dead and the President of the United States was announcing a new policy on mutants, refusing to sign the Mutant Registration Bill. Alex had come back to the mansion for the funeral. Scott had needed him then, but after a week Alex had returned to his studies, confident that Scott was in good hands with Xavier and Ororo.

Officially Alex was taking a sabbatical from his studies for family grief and because he was going to miss too much time to finish the year. Unofficially he was taking time off because his abilities had flared up more powerful then ever. Alex's powers were never much to brag about while he was at Xavier's in high school. Back then, if he was at full power he could do some serious damage, but he rarely let himself build to that level. Over the years he knew his power was growing, he was able to absorb energy faster and store more and more. A week ago he had an exponential jump in power, absorbing it too fast which forced him into an unwanted release. Luckily, Alex had been out surfing by himself, so no one was around to see him. By his own estimations he was at least as powerful as Scott was now, and he was six years younger then his older brother. Alex had made a few phone calls, filled out the paperwork, hopped in his old jeep and headed east. Everyday Alex found a secluded spot and released a blast of superheated plaasma up toward the heavens, releasing some of the pressure that was constantly building up inside of him.

Alex tooled the battered jeep past the front entrance and headed to the garage. Scott taught most of his classes there and Alex figured his big brother would be pouring himself into his work. Alex turned the corner to the entrance to the garage and stopped. There was no one there. Not a big deal. Alex walked through the garage, cut through the kitchen, and strolled along the main hallway. It was odd. The place was the same, but he didn't know any of these kids. Well, he vaguely recognized them from Jean's funeral, but he didn't really know them. He walked past the atrium and the gallery into the rec room. No Scott. The rec room was across the hall from Xavier's office. If anyone would know where his brother was it would be the Professor.

Alex turned toward the office and stopped. It looked like the Professor was busy. Alex continued on his trek. Scott wasn't in the library so Alex opened the door to the aboretum. There was a girl sitting inside, maybe, just maybe 18 years old. She was wearing a white halter and jeans, reading a book on ethics and her hair was wet. She also looked vaguely familiar. Alex cleared his throat to get her attention.

"Hey. You're, uh, Karen, right?"

-----------------------

OOC:

Tag Babygirll1968

If I got the timeline wrong let me know and I'll fix it.
 
Remy "Gabit" LeBeau speaks with the Professor

“Your tea, monsieur,” she said, placing the tray in front of him on the table. The door behind her opened and a man in a wheelchair rolled out into the hallway. “Aaah, there's the Professor. If you will excuse me, I have a class to get to.”

LeBeau watched her walk away, her hips sashaying quietly as she stepped. This place was special indeed, if not for the powers of the students, but for the scenery as well.

“Thanks for the tea, Cher,” he said to her as she walked away, a sly smile coming to his lips. “And don’t go being a stranger, now. Remy is planning on sticking around for a while.”

The man in the wheelchair rolled over to the table and introduced himself as LeBeau poured himself a cup of the honeyed tea. So, this was the man who they had all talked about, the man with the magic touch when it came to mutants. This is the man who may hold the answers Remy was looking for and be able to help explain what had happened that cool spring night in New Orleans.

“Good afternoon, I'm Professor Charles Xavier,” he said in measured and formal tones. “Is there something I can help you with?” Remy could feel the gentle probing in his mind, the feel of a mutant trying to pry into his inner thoughts, his inner motives. He knew that he had a natural block, a buffer to keep others out of his head.

“Now you just be staying out of Remy’s head,” he said, tapping a finger to his temple. He sipped the tea, savoring the warmth and sweetness before continuing. “What I keep up in there is for Remy, and Remy alone.” Now, from what I gather, you’re a man who knows something, something I’ve come a long way to get some answers for.”

He leaned forward, sliding his boots off the table and leaning his elbows on his knees so his eyes were level with Xavier’s. He wanted to make this clear, so there was no dancing around it, no second guessing, no other alternative but the truth.

“A couple of months ago, something happened to me, to the mutants I know, to the people in this school,” Remy started, “It nearly killed me and it’s taken me some time to track you down to get the answers I’m after. I want to know what it was that happened, and I want to know what’s being done to keep it from happening again.”
 
Ic: Iceman, Kitchen, X-mansion

"Well everybody thinks they know how a turkey sandwhich should be made," Bobby laughed as he began on the sandwhich, "But the difference between the pisspoor amatuers and the Drake family secret recipe is all in technique. five slices of turkey rolled like so, two slices of american cheese not swiss, and slathering on a moderate layer of mayo, and finally cutting it in half diagonally."

"This sandwich has taken so many trips inside mine and my brother's lunchboxes over the years I don't think even Beast could count that high if he tried to keep track of them." He handed Rogue the sandwhich trying to hide how much it still hurt to think of his family now...now that they knew what he was.

He didn't know why it should bother him to have heard his mother and father talk like him being a mutant was something shameful to them, and then his own little brother calling the cops on them. Comparatively speaking they had handled it better than how some of the other student's families' had reacted to the truth.

Still he dreaded going home, calling home, thinking of them now.

"Now for the pes de resistance," He said picking up the can of Rogue's favorite brand of soda and giving it a frosty sheath on it's outer surface so it'd stay cold longer for her. Then he stopped staring past her as the Professor was speaking to him in his head.

He frowned looking back at Rogue once the voice had retreated from his mind. "Change of plans," He told her tapping the side of his head, "The Proffessor just gave me a 'get outta my boring ole ethics lecture pass'. He wants me to give a noobie the five dollar tour. So you can enjoy the sandwich and I know you and Kitty will just love said boring ethics lecture or you can tag along as I roll out the red carpet for this new guy."

He laughed and said, "The proffessor didn't say you should come with, but the guy's all about tolerance and understanding right, and what good is an X-man if he can't rescue a beautiful damsel in distress from a boring old ethics lecture."

Tag: SexyBabe, LuckyVic
 
Deep within the darkness someone woke up, It was jean. When she opened her eyes she remembered everything. She noticed she was in the forest, she knew where she was, where the great battle almost took everyone. Slowly standing she noticed a pool of water, she saw that her eyes were glowing. She closed her eyes, she had to control the phoenix within her. A tear fell down her face. When she opened up her eyes again, it was her normal color. Looking at what she was wearing it scared her. She was afraid to go back home, but she had a very bad feeling. She was thinking of Scott, she closed her eyes yet again. She almost killed the man she loves and the man she respects with all her heart. She had decided to go back home.

"Scott!" she hoped someone could hear her. She called everyone else that she could trust. She felt deep sorrow in her heart. She was a monster, she stood her back on a three and slid down. Why was she still alive? Why did the monster within her take hold of her sanity? questions they may never know.
 
Storm

Storm was busy writing something on the blackboard. Keeping the class focussed today was a helluva task. Everytime she turned her back on them she could hear papers flying across the room and chairs moving on the ground.

Storm stopped mid sentence ... her hand paused in the air, her word on the blackboard unfinished. She stood like a statue for the longest moment.

The class went quiet.

Storm's eyes misted over in a white sheen and her hair was slightly moving as a light breeze started swirling around her. Suddenly it stopped and Storm's eyes returned to its natural blue depths of colour.

The chalk fell out of her hand and broke into pieces on the floor as she gripped the blackboard.

"Jean ...?"
 
Last edited:
She heard storm and Jean was glad she could contact anyone. Her powers were drained, when she opened up her eyes. Slowly she put the image into Storms head. Everything couldn't help but smile weakly again.

"Storm" She said in a weak voice.

She sighed softly.

"Im not to sure where I am, im weak im only able to talk to you and show you were I am. I need help" her breathing went weak. She was financed with Scott, her friends. She cannot lose herself. She had to get back to her family.
 
Storm

Storm's eyes misted over again as she heard Jean's impossibly soft plea for help.

By now Storm's class were on their feet circling around her worriedly. "Storm, what's wrong," Alison, the youngest in her class asked nervously.

Storm wasn't answering them as her mind was linked to Jean, she couldn't hear or see anything around her. Storm was desperately focussing on the little glimpses that Jean was showing her, trying to look around, to find a clue as to where Jean might be. She could see the water, the trees ... the broken dam wall in the background ... Alkali Lake!

"Oh my god," she gasped out loud. "Jean we're coming honey, hang on!"

The white sheen evaporated from Storm's eyes as her senses came back. She looked at her class that was staring at her apprehensively. "Class dismissed," she said giving them a warm and re-assuring smile. "Everything is fine," she said, and actually meant every word. Jean is alive! She didn't want to say anything to the children, she could sense while she was talking to Jean ... that there was something very wrong.

Storm darted out of her classroom ahead of any of the students and walked back into the lounge where she had left Gambit and Professor Xavier. The Professor had been so occupied in trying to get a reading from Gambit that he missed Jean's plea altogether.

"Professor!" Storm said firmly, no mistaking the urgent tone in her voice. "Listen!" She said, as she was trying to communicate the link that she felt with Jean to Charles. He will be able to get a much stronger reading from Jean, to pinpoint her exact location - Alkali Lake is massive.
 
Last edited:
Professor Xavier

When Charles heard what it was that Remy wanted the mood of his face had changed dramatically. He knew it was only a matter of time before some mutants had pieced together the events that occured a few months ago. "Ah yes. Please come into my office." he told the man.

When Robert and Marie arrived the Professor introduced them to Kris Order and asked them find him a room on either the 4th or 5th floor since he would be spending some time with them. He also asked them to inform those in his ethics class that today's lesson would have to be rescheduled until later.

Once Kris and the others were off Charles turned around and entered his office for some privacy with Remy. "Mr. LeBeau... what you ask about was a rather complicated matter." Charles started out saying. He was about to continue when all of a sudden he felt a shooting pain go through his head. It was like nothing he had ever felt before.

Correction he had felt something similar to it once a long time ago, from Jean.

It was as Charles was recovering that Storm came into his office. "I already know Ororo. It's Jean!" He didn't understand it, but somehow she was alive again. The question he had was, was it her or had the monster returned. "Ororo assmeble who you can and... on no. Scott!"

tag Storm, Gambit
 
Last edited:
Cyclops

Cyclops had entered the danger room after Storm had left and took the next 30 minutes and was working out on his own. Something that was against the rules, but another violation was the fact that there was no one to monitor him. It was level 7. But unlike the teamwork that he was insisting that Iceman, Shadowcat, and Rogue needed to show earlier. He was just blasting away at full power.

When he was done he was drenched in sweat and breathing heavily. Forge's robots that had managed to survive would need awhile before they were able to see action again. He had remotely deactivated the Danger Room and was on his way out when he heard the voice in his head. He didn't remember anything of the next minutes.

He didn't remember walking to the new high-speed transport system that took him to the new hanger that was away from the mansion. He didn't remember entering one of the Blackbird jets, in this case the original, and blasting out in a Northwesterly direction at full burn.

Much later

Cyclops was walking down the ramp and looking around at where he was. It was nearly summer and all the snow had finally melted away. But not in his mind. In his mind there was snow still on the ground. He looked out over the lake and he could see Jean standing there as she held the tidal wave back and lifted the blackbird into the air simulatiously. Then he saw the giant wall of water crash on her. He closed his eyes and looked away as if he had just lived through it again.
 
Last edited:
Jean knew it would take some trust to show it was really her and not the monster she was. She slowly stood up. She was trying to understand it all. Her eyes calm, but it was then she felt something. Taking a deep breath she relaxed as much as she could. Jean felt that they were coming. She noticed she was by some kind of stream, she knew what were she was.

She sent a message to charles and storm.

"i know where I am, im three miles from where the dam. Im by a big tree that's is as red as a fire"
 
Back
Top