What's for dinner?

Had a healthy breakfast.

Celery, carrots, and oranges will be my lunch. Maybe some fish.

Tonight I'm working. Looks like microwave turkey dinner. Lots of water.
 
Well that sounds both tasty and very healthy.
Tasty and healthy are great. But sometimes a souped-up frozen pizza, or a bruiser sandwich from the local deli, washed down with strong beer, are just the ticket. Make up for that with yogurt for breakfast.

It's been hot. Even frozen pizza in the convection oven heats the place up. Thus the tuna salad with crackers I whipped up, and the deli bruiser (okay, so corn chips were involved too), and tonight maybe that cool eggplant-zucchini caponata with microwaved andouille sausages beside. And cold beer.
 
Tasty and healthy are great. But sometimes a souped-up frozen pizza, or a bruiser sandwich from the local deli, washed down with strong beer, are just the ticket. Make up for that with yogurt for breakfast.

It's been hot. Even frozen pizza in the convection oven heats the place up. Thus the tuna salad with crackers I whipped up, and the deli bruiser (okay, so corn chips were involved too), and tonight maybe that cool eggplant-zucchini caponata with microwaved andouille sausages beside. And cold beer.

What brand of beer?
 
Tonight I had jerk chicken and a salad, it had lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and cabbage. There was no dressing, I find that dressing can be counterproductive.
 
What brand of beer?
The Archer IPA wasn't as weak as other Archers. The Deschutes Dark Porter is tasty but not kick-ass. I like double IPAs, any brand.

Meanwhile it was another hot one so I made another tuna salad with celery, scallion, and grated carrot, but brighter than the last, with green olives, not black, and a light Balsamic spicing the mayo+tartar moistening. Slipped onto toasted sourdough and accompanied with Cloudveil pink pinot noir, it worked.
 
This was another day of rolling down the mountain to the county seat a half-hour away for yet more medical stuff supplemented by a little pantry restocking and stopping for a late lunch. We both had the 3-egg Chile Verde plate, all local stuff, exceedingly fresh and fit, sluiced with a dark ale made in barrels a half-mile away.

After that, supper was irrelevant.
 
I have been promised pork chops and salad with that plummy red wine. It's survivable.
 
Dinner was grilled honey brined chicken breast with some sweet Italian sausage, broccoli salad, and mulberry sauce over vanilla ice cream.

Broccoli Salad

Two cups of broccoli florets
1/4 cup mayonnaise mixed with a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
1 ounce of cheddar cheese shredded and 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
 
Last night I make pork and apples, brown rice and a nice salad which now is slightly wilted. My gardener didn't get home till 3:00 a.m. so he didn't eat it. He will eat it tonight! :D

I'm not very hungry so probably some chicken and rice soup which I had best get to making.
 
Meds and CostCo cheap frozen pizza topped with fresh tomatoes and ham, sluiced with cold pinot noir, finished with a peanut-butter cup and sleep.
 
Left over spaghetti and meatballs, they tasted even better the second time around.
 
What ingredients did you use?

Iceburg lettuce, scallions, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, chopped hard boiled egg and cooked bacon, blue cheese dressing.

Blue cheese dip and dressing

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
1/2 tabespoon cider viinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon each white pepper and garlic powder (Not garlic salt)

Mix thoroughly.

This is a .make just before you use it recipe, it seems to get runny in the fridge overnight.
 
It was another of those days. Too long on the road to Sacramento. Stop at CostCo for a notable kitchen restocking before the 2-hour drive home. After stashing the perishables, dinner was easy. Main course: tear limbs from a roasted chicken. Vegetable course: V8 (tomato-vegetable juice) with vodka. Dessert: the last two Reeses peanut-butter-chocolate nibs. See, we needn't go fancy.
 
I think I will do chicken and vegetable stir fry. Brown rice on the side.
 
Fried corn, tomato, and guacamole salad?

Has anyone tried it?

I seen it on The Chew yesterday.
 
Nice, recipes like these should be compiled some where. So I re-posted this on the first page first post.

-Low fat mayonnaise though, I didn't change it on the official posting.

Iceburg lettuce, scallions, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, chopped hard boiled egg and cooked bacon, blue cheese dressing.

Blue cheese dip and dressing

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
1/2 tabespoon cider viinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon each white pepper and garlic powder (Not garlic salt)

Mix thoroughly.

This is a .make just before you use it recipe, it seems to get runny in the fridge overnight.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top