Our Thotful Spot

Good morning, people of the Thotful Spot. The sun isn't up yet but it is morning.

"You can’t be in London for long without going to the Zoo. There are some people who begin the Zoo at the beginning, called WAYIN, and walk as quickly as they can past every cage until they get to the one called WAYOUT, but the nicest people go straight to the animal they love the most, and stay there."
A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

What President would dare to put his bits ahead of the solemn duties of the office?

As yet there are no duties, as we do not have a large health budget.

Good morning, people of the Thotful Spot. The sun isn't up yet but it is morning.

"You can’t be in London for long without going to the Zoo. There are some people who begin the Zoo at the beginning, called WAYIN, and walk as quickly as they can past every cage until they get to the one called WAYOUT, but the nicest people go straight to the animal they love the most, and stay there."
A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

Heya Di *huge Tigger hugs*

That is a lovely quote and a great reminder to go to the zoo again :)

Do you second the nomination of the Thotful presidant based on his pooh bear tie?

Heya Di *huge Tigger hugs*

That is a lovely quote and a great reminder to go to the zoo again :)

Do you second the nomination of the Thotful presidant based on his pooh bear tie?

I believe in the Parliamentary system. He could be appointed vice-regal representative, as there are already two Queens in this thread.

I see that dress code is an issue, however, and that will have to be properly settled before any appointments are made. This half of the Queenly duo is quite strict about that. :cattail:

"Never get involved in a power struggle on the Internet"

Words to live by, so with that, I shall withdraw from this thoughtful place. I wonder if there is a dandelion patch and a penguin somewhere?

"Never get involved in a power struggle on the Internet"

Words to live by, so with that, I shall withdraw from this thoughtful place. I wonder if there is a dandelion patch and a penguin somewhere?

What power struggle? :eek:

And I think you might mean a thistle patch, being somewhat Eeyore-sounding at the moment.

ETA: the Kiwi broadband seems to have declared a brief holiday for itself. I think that is the real deity in this thread, as it controls all it oversees.

Last edited:
Great to hear, you must have won :)

Haha oh no, i cannot compete with a sheep sadly :(
Must be a HUGE difference between Kiwi sheep and U.S. sheep, because I've got to say I'd take you in a heartbeat over the best sheep I've ever seen here...

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best--" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. -- A.A. Milne

and in totally different but kinda nice thoughts of sheep...

It was the best place to be, thought Wilbur, this warm delicious cellar, with the garrulous geese, the changing seasons, the heat of the sun, the passage of swallows, the nearness of rats, the sameness of sheep, the love of spiders, the smell of manure, and the glory of everything. -- EB White, Charlotte's Web

Must be a HUGE difference between Kiwi sheep and U.S. sheep, because I've got to say I'd take you in a heartbeat over the best sheep I've ever seen here...

Kiwi sheep - For those who prefer long ummm wool

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best--" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. -- A.A. Milne

and in totally different but kinda nice thoughts of sheep...

It was the best place to be, thought Wilbur, this warm delicious cellar, with the garrulous geese, the changing seasons, the heat of the sun, the passage of swallows, the nearness of rats, the sameness of sheep, the love of spiders, the smell of manure, and the glory of everything. -- EB White, Charlotte's Web

Charlottes Web is such a great book. Have you seen the movie?

Attachments

• shrek.jpg
    shrek.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 20
I laughed so hard at your photo!!

Good evening, thotful ones. :rose:

The sheeps name was Shrek and it was a celebrity here for awhile, sad as that may sound.

I should have also put up a pic of a shorn sheep for those who are into shaved ones :p

The sheeps name was Shrek and it was a celebrity here for awhile, sad as that may sound.

I should have also put up a pic of a shorn sheep for those who are into shaved ones :p

Apparently they are easier to keep clean when they're shaved. :D

*peeks in & says hello * Pooh? A.A. Milne? I'm in love.

This is my favorite childhood poem:

Halfway down the stairs
Is a stair where I sit.
There isn't any other stair
quite like it.
I'm not at the bottom,
I'm not at the top;
So this is the stair where
I always stop.

Halfway up the stairs,
Isn't up and it isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery,
It isn't in town.
And all sorts of funny thoughts
Run round my head.
It isn't really
Anywhere!
It's somewhere else
Instead!

The Pooh quote that has been with me lately is this one. I just lost of one of my very best friends to terminal cancer at the age of 42. 2 months from diagnosis until when he succumbed. He sent me this quote days before he passed. Miss you, JLP.

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

Now, to lighten things up, I can sing "The Tigger Song" in its entirety!

*peeks in & says hello * Pooh? A.A. Milne? I'm in love.

<snip>

Now, to lighten things up, I can sing "The Tigger Song" in its entirety!

Welcome, YankeeGirl. :)

I love that poem. Its one of my favourites.

And that quote is something I go to often. My condolences on your loss. :rose:

We are so going to have to have a skype singalong one day. :) I love the songs from the Disney Pooh movies. :)

Welcome, YankeeGirl. :)

I love that poem. Its one of my favourites.

And that quote is something I go to often. My condolences on your loss. :rose:

We are so going to have to have a skype singalong one day. :) I love the songs from the Disney Pooh movies. :)

Thank you so much. Like the poem says, he's with me. I feel him and it's comforting. :heart:

I am a Disney lover myself, especially Pooh!

Thank you so much. Like the poem says, he's with me. I feel him and it's comforting. :heart:

I am a Disney lover myself, especially Pooh!

Welcome Yankee. My condolances on your loss and I am glad that you find comfort in feeling near to him.

My Thotful news for the day, apparently I am supposed to be stressing and nervous but I can't see the point but I have a appointment to have a biopsy done on one spot and to have another one removed, also just because I am a total sucker for punishment I also have an appointment for an ultrasound to try and figure out what do do about my ovarian cysts.

Oh and Kiwi humor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

Welcome Yankee. My condolances on your loss and I am glad that you find comfort in feeling near to him.

My Thotful news for the day, apparently I am supposed to be stressing and nervous but I can't see the point but I have a appointment to have a biopsy done on one spot and to have another one removed, also just because I am a total sucker for punishment I also have an appointment for an ultrasound to try and figure out what do do about my ovarian cysts.

Oh and Kiwi humor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

Thank you, Kiwi. Best of luck with your appointments. Wishing you the best of outcomes.

Stuck!

…Pooh always liked a little something at eleven o’clock in the morning, and hea was very glad to see Rabbit getting out the plates and mugs; and when Rabbit said, “Honey or condensed milk with your bread?” he was so excited that he said, “Both,” and then, so as not to seem greedy, he added, “but don’t bother about the bread, please.” And for a long time after that he said nothing…until at last, humming to himself in a rather sticky voice, he got up, shook Rabbit lovilngly by the paw, and said that he must be going on.
<snip>
“Oh, help!” said Pooh. “I’d better go back.”
“Oh, bother!” said Pooh. “I shall have to go on.”
“I can’t do either!” said Pooh. “Oh, help and bother!”
Now by this time Rabbit wanted to go for a walk too, and finding the front door full, he went out by the back door, and came round to Pooh, and looked at him.
“Hallo, are you stuck?” he asked...

Halfway through the week...can't go back, can't go forward any faster...Might as well rest here, thinking and humming to myself until I'm unstuck.

Happy Wednesday, everyone.

pooh_stuck.gif

Saturday Hums

(Tiddly Pom)
The more it goes
(Tiddly Pom)
The more it goes
(Tiddly Pom)
On snowing.

And nobody knows
(Tiddly Pom)
How cold my toes
(Tiddly Pom)
How cold my toes
(Tiddly Pom)
Are growing.

The more it snows
(Tiddly Pom)
The more it goes
(Tiddly Pom)
The more it goes
(Tiddly Pom)
On snowing.

And nobody knows
(Tiddly Pom)
How gold my toes
(Tiddly Pom)
How cold my toes
(Tiddly Pom)
Are growing.

For those of us who need a reminder not to take life too seriously :)

1.Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
2.The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.
3.It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
4.Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
5.Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.
6.Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
7.If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
8.Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
9.If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
10.Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
11.If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
12.If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
13.Some days you're the piegon; some days you're the statue.
14.Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
15.The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
16.A closed mouth gathers no foot.
17.Never miss a good chance to shut up.
18.There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
19.Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
20.Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My mission for the next month is to work my way through as much of this list as I can and see how many people I can annoy. Anyone else care to join me?

1. Sing the Batman theme incessantly.
2. In the memo field of all your checks, write "for sensual massage."
3. Insist that your drive-through order is "to go."
4. Learn Morse code, and have conversations with friends in public consisting entirely of "Beeeep Bip Bip Beeeep Bip..."
5. If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others.
6. Amuse yourself for endless hours by hooking a camcorder to your TV and then pointing it at the screen.
7. Speak only in a "robot" voice.
8. Push all the flat Lego pieces together tightly.
9. Start each meal by conspicuously licking all your food, and announce that this is so no one will "swipe your grub."
10. Leave the copy machine set to reduce 200%, extra dark, 17 inch paper, 99 copies.
11. Stomp on little plastic ketchup packets.
12. Sniff incessantly.
13. Leave your turn signal on for fifty miles.
14. Name your dog "Dog."
15. Insist on keeping your car windshield wipers running in all weather conditions "to keep them tuned up."
16. Reply to everything someone says with "that's what YOU think."
17. Claim that you must always wear a bicycle helmet as part of your "astronaut training."
18. Declare your apartment an independent nation, and sue your neighbors upstairs for "violating your airspace."
19. Forget the punchline to a long joke, but assure the listener it was a "real hoot."
20. Follow a few paces behind someone, spraying everything they touch with a can of Lysol.
21. Practice making fax and modem noises.
22. Highlight irrelevant information in scientific papers and copy them to your boss.
23. Make beeping noises when a large person backs up.
24. Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.
25. Erect an elaborate network of ropes in your backyard, and tell the neighbors you are a "spider person."
26. Finish all your sentences with the words "in accordance with prophesy."
27. Wear a special hip holster for your remote control.
28. Do not add any inflection to the end of your sentences, producing awkward silences with the impression that you'll be saying more at any moment.
29. Signal that a conversation is over by clamping your hands over your ears.
30. Disassemble your pen and "accidentally" flip the ink cartridge across the room.
31. Give a play-by-play account of a person's every action in a nasal Howard Cossell voice.
32. Holler random numbers while someone is counting.

Back