Comparing readerships

shudai

Virgin
Joined
Aug 21, 2018
Posts
23
For gits and shiggles, I've put together some charts of the statistics from my stories. Up to now, I've written almost exclusively in MC. Various threads here made me aware that any post to I/T would get more attention, but I didn't really know how much of a difference to expect.

So, the first chapter of my first I/T story went live a couple of days ago. Here's the chart:

VXmvY14


It's a bit... striking, no?

Hmmm... The image didn't seem to come through, so I've put it in as an attachment.
 

Attachments

  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
That's interesting. Do you mind if I ask how many votes you received for your first Principal chapter? The information you've charted about your many-chaptered story may yield some insights on what we can glean from changing view:vote ratios and totals about how many people actually read the stories.

The most interesting thing to me about the chart is that chapter 1 continues to rise in views at a higher rate than all other chapters, by a significant margin. Later chapters all have about the same curve, and view totals appear to be about the same for late chapters adjusted for how long they've been published, but Chapter 1 is an outlier. My guess is it means that every time you publish a new story many people go to Chapter 1 to see if it's their cup of tea and some decide yes and some decide no.

You'll find that stories published in incest are in a completely different universe, in terms of the number of views.
 
I think you are totally right about chapter 1 of TNP rising at a much higher rate. It's also very short and although it's not very good, people can read through it quickly and get an idea of what's going on. I think it's safe to say that only the true gluttons for punishment make it all the way to chapter 27. Can we assume they actually read everything? Eh... Maybe? But I wouldn't put money on it.

Unfortunately, I didn't start collecting data until I found that handy little data download button, but there is a chart of the same time for votes:
 

Attachments

  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top