Educator Roll Call

Former kindergarten teacher here. Now I'm an instructional coach. I miss the classroom but not the headaches that came with it.

Has anyone known promiscuous colleagues at work? I mean that they are uninhibited in their non-work life... or drop hints, or dress sexy? Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone known promiscuous colleagues at work? I mean that they are uninhibited in their non-work life... or drop hints, or dress sexy? Thanks for sharing.

OHHHH yes.

At the HS where I teach, female teachers dressing provocatively and/or flirting with male students happens far more often than the opposite. Far more.

We average one teacher-student sex scandal per 2 years or so. And those are just the ones people hear about.

I graduated high school Summa cum Difficultia but I recovered in Junior College and now I teach ballet at university. I have a teaching certificate in high school English, but I haven't ever taught high school other than my student teaching. I'm not official faculty because I don't have a PhD in dance, I'm a part time assistant adjunct instructor, but I get to dance all day which is all I really want to do anyway.

Love,

Jamie
I love the way you said that. I felt that way about school at times

I worked with a female teacher who partied hard and was rumored to swing with her husband. She was fired after being seen as a body painting model on a segment of HBO's Real Sex

Retired educator

Retired now, everyday is a Saturday. Taught in technical collages and developed online courses for the university where I worked. Looking to keep on learning.

LOL Chaz!! I'm in the same boat. Retired and everyday is Saturday. At 7 a.m. each week day the military base plays Reveille. As I am sitting here on Lit this morning I can hear Reveille playing and I was so confused because I'm thinking it is still the weekend.

1st year

Just accepted a job teaching algebra to High School freshman... Will be going through an alt cert program while doing so, so this year is looking pretty tough. Would love to find someone to talk to through this adventure... 😔

Just accepted a job teaching algebra to High School freshman... Will be going through an alt cert program while doing so, so this year is looking pretty tough. Would love to find someone to talk to through this adventure... 😔

In NW Louisiana?

No clue. Do they let you swat students there? You can in parts of North Georgia. That would make things easier, in theory.

My advice to rookies is always the same. Always, ALWAYS, no matter what day it is or what the day’s plan is or what level of experience you are, ALWAYS have a good answer when some student asks, “Why are we learning this, Mr Jforfun?”

That, and classroom management. Accept that you’ll probably suck at it for awhile. But never try to be someone other than yourself.

In NW Louisiana?

No clue. Do they let you swat students there? You can in parts of North Georgia. That would make things easier, in theory.

My advice to rookies is always the same. Always, ALWAYS, no matter what day it is or what the day’s plan is or what level of experience you are, ALWAYS have a good answer when some student asks, “Why are we learning this, Mr Jforfun?”

That, and classroom management. Accept that you’ll probably suck at it for awhile. But never try to be someone other than yourself.

Lol unfortunately no... Hopefully, I won’t ever have an event that I would like to use corporal punishment. If I did though, that would have to be handled by the Principal at the parents discretion.

On the other advice. I appreciate it! That’s in-line what a I heard from many veteran teachers over the past week since I was hired. Just now trying to come up with that game plan!

Wondering if naughty educators are still around. I know a few naughty educators in real life.

In my fantasies I'm a naughty professor :rolleyes:

I do have a colleague, or two, I wouldn't mind being naughty with given these days professor-student fraternizing is so policed...

Ahhh, the joys of fall - warm weather, tank tops and short shorts, young students lost and confused, nubile bodies swarming around, so much skin and cleavage on display...

I'm not a teacher, but I come from a family of teachers and work for a company that sells to colleges and universities. (I'm more familiar with the bureaucratic crap you guys have to deal with, than the actual day to day in the classroom itself.)

College prof. Not looking forward to two new preps, but enjoying the month off!

Back