How not to have discreet affairs

Bramblethorn

Sleep-deprived
Joined
Feb 16, 2012
Posts
16,742
So recently Ashley Madison (dating service for people cheating on their partners) got hacked, and it looks as if their user database has been compromised with threats to post the entire list of users and their sexual fantasies etc for public viewing.

This article notes that even before the hack, AM was never very secure - if you suspected somebody of having an AM account, there was an easy way to check whether their email address was associated with the site.

General principle: NEVER sign up to "adult" websites with an email address that you wouldn't want to see publicly associated with that website. There's a reason I don't use my standard email address for my Literotica account!
 
haha. I made a profile there out of curiosity. didn't fill it in with any info at all. I just wanted to see what kind of people were using the site.

Immediately you get messages from sexy profiles wanting to interact. Which is curious considering mine was blank. Of course you can't interact because you have no credit lol

I guess if you are silly enough to buy credit you will discover those profiles are fake.
 
And there is the reason I have about ten email addresses, none of them tied to my real name.
 
Back
Top