The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 04: Come On In

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hay baled or grass cut. I took the new boat out for sea trials. :):):):)

The boat performed beautifully and I caught fish so all is good.

Fresh coffee for the evening crowd.
 
I need to back up in my Nude Day (or whatever) story. The first three Lit pages were a cinch to write, but I've cranked to a stop since then. The problem I see is that a character I was depending on doesn't have enough character to carry the story like I needed her to.

At the least, I need to rethink her.
 
I need to back up in my Nude Day (or whatever) story. The first three Lit pages were a cinch to write, but I've cranked to a stop since then. The problem I see is that a character I was depending on doesn't have enough character to carry the story like I needed her to.

At the least, I need to rethink her.

A visit by some sort of super-natural being, mayhap ?
[sorry]


It's a bright morn round here.
I'll have a coffee before the cold weather starts.
 
A visit by some sort of super-natural being, mayhap ?
[sorry]

A fairy god-mother who would wave her wand and give my secondary character all the substance of a main character?

Hmm, wait. I should be able to do that without the fairy god-mother.

I pondered the problem during wakeful hours overnight. I can rearrange some events and alter some conversations to down-play the secondary character a little and probably rescue the last 3K words of the story.

As I thought about it, a big part of the problem came down to the apartment the female protagonist shares with the secondary character. Two young women living in an apartment should show their character through the way the apartment is furnished and decorated. I haven't described the apartment much at all. It's a blank venue.

Describing the place will build the story and add flesh to both characters.
 
Coffee I got. Sinshine was rare earlier but is now out and about in abundance. Help yourself to both. In fact, I'll make a fresh batch of coffee, sunshine is to hard to keep in a pot,.

I was up early to do some writing. Been a while since I did that. Time on the boat yesterday got me to thinking, which at times is not a good thing. My next novel is arched and point plotted. A little less than 10k into the start.
 
We're told that the 'High Pressure system' which has been delivering some nice sunshine in the last few days, is likely to drift North-East, bringing in its wake some crap weather.
Naturally, this will commence over the weekend.
So attempts to get out and find some activity to photograph is a mite tricky.

So, may I have a nice coffee (with demerara sugar, please) while I contemplate the matter ?
 
Evening coffee is ready.

I'm starting on my second in the Sled series of boats. I like most everything about the prototype. The rail along the sides is a little low. The water was calm during the test run so the deck stayed dry. The 2.5 HP outboard moved it fairly well. The 30# trolling motor was good enough. A 40 or 45 # would be better. A foot control would be even better.

So what do i want to change. The length to 10 feet. There is enough room on the 8' but... It would be tight for two people. Not to mention it would float higher.

Enough about all that crap.

The new novel is an offshoot of the Geek Pride story I started that has grown out of proportions for a short story. A three hundred and sixty something year old lady needs space to tell her story I guess.
 
The new novel is an offshoot of the Geek Pride story I started that has grown out of proportions for a short story. A three hundred and sixty something year old lady needs space to tell her story I guess.

I should think so!
 
I should think so!

Even though I'm telling her back story in conversations, it is going faster than I thought it would. Finding her a henchwoman has helped a lot. Now to find her a henchman to complete my cast of characters.

I so want to do this for Lit. Dancing around the sex for mainstream is so frustrating. Not putting it in also dulls the humanity of my main character.

Write it my way and then decide is what I've decided.
 
Last edited:
Friday morning is fading fast. Fresh coffee won't slow it down but it will make it more tolerable. :)
 
The calendar says it's Friday. Since all the days are the same it's easy to lose track.
 
The calendar says it's Friday. Since all the days are the same it's easy to lose track.
Same :/
Maybe I should start volunteering at the food pantry regularly again. Gives me something to do and makes me have to keep track of the days.
 
Welcome to the weekend! Thankfully, just the usual stuff, nothing special - cleaning, groceries, cooking. I hope to write a flash fiction horror story and submit another online, also clean some windows.
 
Pouring rain, for the third day in a row. Maybe I’ll get a bespoke story I’ve been working on finished today.

Meanwhile, definitely a coffee.
 
I'm getting soft in the head, I think.
Not being a super memoriser of required shopping I wrote what I thought I needed on a bit of paper.
Guess who left the paper at home ?

Any chance of a decent cup of Tea please ?
 
The UK is last in the Eurovision Song Contest - again.

The only reason we get into the final is that we are a major sponsor.

Why do we bother?

A cup of coffee or something stronger is required...
 
Last edited:
Good evening all.

HM is headed back to her moms tomorrow so... Today was all about here.

Fresh coffee for those in need.
 
Fresh coffee for those in need.

This time of the evening I'm not in need.

I put the last of the home-grown spinach into a soup tonight. The kids took much of the rest on Mother's Day. Peas will be the next crop to come in, but there won't be a lot.

We have oregano drying. When it's all done, it should be about a quart of dried leaves. We don't use that much in a year.
 
The UK is lat in the Eurovision Song Contest - again.

The only reason we get into the final is that we are a major sponsor.

Why do we bother?

A cup of coffee or something stronger is required...


Apart from the confusion of EU over Brexit, there is, of course, the 'minor problem'. Lets face it, there's little 'popular' support for the damned programme in the UK anyway.
 
Apart from the confusion of EU over Brexit, there is, of course, the 'minor problem'. Lets face it, there's little 'popular' support for the damned programme in the UK anyway.

The only consolation is that Germany got NUL POINTS in the popular vote.

The BBC pays more than many:

How is the Eurovision Song Contest financed?

The Eurovision Song Contest is a non-profit event, mostly financed by:

contributions from the Participating Broadcasters (the so-called participation fee), adding up to €6.2 million combined. This fee is different for each country based on the solidarity principle that the strongest shoulders carry most weight. It is at the sole discretion of each Participating Broadcaster to decide if they wish to make public the financial details of their participation;

a contribution from the Host Broadcaster, which is generally between €10 and €20 million, depending on local circumstances and available resources.

a contribution from the Host City, either financially or 'in kind' (e.g. covering expenses of city branding, side events, security, etc.);

commercial revenu from sponsorship agreements, ticket sales, televoting and merchandise, which varies from year to year.

On average, over 90 percent of all available funds are being earmarked for the TV production and event organisation. Approximately 5% of available funds represent the budget for the EBU's Eurovision Song Contest team and its partners. Any remaining funds are being reimbursed to the Participating Broadcasters, for as long local legislation allows such reimbursement.The budget is overlooked and approved by the Reference Group, on behalf of all Participating Broadcasters, on an annual basis.


+++

The UK is one of the so-called Eurovision ‘Big Five’ who get a guaranteed place in the finale due to the financial contribution they make to help stage the contest.

The other four of the ‘Big Five’ are France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top